• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Common screen resolutions and browsers used on PC - UPDATED for 2012

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • Hey Steve, since we're just a couple short months away from these census result being 4 years old, perhaps it's time to resample just to see if they've changed. We could also adapt it a little to account for the technological change that has occurred over the past couple years. Instead of one broad census, we could split it up between those using a mobile browser and a standard desktop browser, that way we could have 2 sets of resolutions to work from. I think it would be a major help to those who might be planning/developing new styles to see just how many are actually visiting PC on their mobile devices so they could include a Mobile substyle when they submit their finished style.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • thats a good idea.. lets hope we can actually gather that data now.. we were running a decent stats gathering app back then that I've since removed (for enhanced performance)..

We'll see..

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think the thread title might need an update to show that it also has browser stats. :)

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I myself am on 1920x1080 half of time time.
    Otherwise, I'm on either 1280x1024 (and I hate it) or 1280x800 (on my laptop)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm on 1366 x 768 when I'm on my laptop and 2048 x 1536 when I'm on my iPad.

The iPad with Retina Display is effectively 1024x768 when it comes to web page layout. It's how PPI-scaled displays work: You use 4 times the pixel to render the same "pixel" as on a regular device. Result: twice the clarity, not four times the information.

As for me, 1366x768 for my MacBook Air, and whatever resolution my Galaxy S and Lumia 900 wants to pretend to be. Both are 480x800 devices.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've moved to 1366x768 because of my new laptop, which is actually a step down from my old laptop's 1680x1050.

I also occasionally hook up my laptop to my monitor which is 1920x1080.

My phone's resolution is 320x240. (Yeah, I kinda need to upgrade.)

Back