• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community-Built Region RP (All Welcome, Even If Not RPing!)

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I'm not at all an artist, and someone else can probably come up with something better, but here's my idea.

The first stage is small and more raptor like. It lives largely in the trees and consumes bugs. Primary plants to note are some large buds atop it's head (like the comb on Quetzalcoatlus), some small sprouting plants on it's beak, and a single agave leaf on it's forearm.

Second stage is larger and starting to shift more towards Quetzalcoatlus. The bud comb had begun to sprout into the Gympie Gympie tree (aka the plant with the most painful sting on the planet), and the sprouting beak plants are turning into ivy capped with a distinct three leaf cluster. Several more agave leaves have sprouted, and a discernible flap of skin can be seen from the arms that will eventually connect to the pokemon's legs.

The final stage is very large. It fully looks like a Quetzalcoatlus now, with an very long beak and membrane between the arms and legs. The comb has fully grown, and started to bear some of the Gympie Gympie's fruit. The ivy has grown past it's beak and revealed itself as a cluster of poison ivy. The agave clusters protect where the flight membrane connects to the arms and legs, but don't extend beyond them.

Stage one is pure grass, and the other two pick up a secondary Poison typing.

I actually really love this idea of replacing the animal's mohawk/comb thing with a plant, which eventually sprouts into a full flower or fruit. I think we should make it so that the membranes or wings are more plant or leaf-life, to justify the full poison typing (they would also be poison ivy). I think the typing should only be kept to the third evolution though.

As for the fire starter, I think having a mammal would probably be the most fitting (if we wanna do a marine dino creature for the water starter). I like the idea of the quagga which KFF suggested but I think it would be too similar to rapidash/ponyta. Instead I suggest a tiny rat Pokemon, which eventually would evolve into a kind-of bipedal rat creature (think like Thyplosion).

Years
How's this for a grass starter?

Spoiler:

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
How's this for a grass starter?

Spoiler:

The art is great... however, this belongs to a different artist, and wasn't made for this contest. We're making the Pokemon here, not borrowing them from other artists.

Back