• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Theme Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    the text is supposed to be that color. See, the text doesn't have to be completely visible - it's the rest of the banner that counts. ^^ thanks for the feeback though. If you every need any help regarding graphic ratings, just ask me. =)

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    People, please remember that the site site list has changed recently, as Lighting posted but some of you have seemed to miss. The offical list is: Pok?mon Palace Network, Zapchu Evolution, Seafoam Island, Victory Road and (I think? o_O There's a placeholder for it) #free_pokemon

Sawyer

���
    Years
    I'll just have the community sites put in normal text under it... too lazy xD It really is a shame with VR, though... hardly ever updated, and it's hardly a community site anymore. Stupid Casey's wife... ugh.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    mewthree w/armor said:
    People, please remember that the site site list has changed recently, as Lighting posted but some of you have seemed to miss. The offical list is: Pok?mon Palace Network, Zapchu Evolution, Seafoam Island, Victory Road and (I think? o_O There's a placeholder for it) #free_pokemon
    I think the only thing I forgot on mine was Seafoam Island. I'll go edit.

Last edited:

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    I think i might make a new banner...and try to fit in all the community sites ^_^'''

Edit:I made a new one...
    Community Theme Contest

what yall think? which is better

Last edited:

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Ooo another one ^-^ I remember the last one ^-^....wish I hadn't lost the net though :(...neverymind...can't wait to enter this again ^-^

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    I think the banners with the comm sites done in text underneath are the best, as they get updated =/

FireTorchic: You have some really pretty skills. Do you draw those pics?

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    I think the banners with the comm sites done in text underneath are the best, as they get updated =/

FireTorchic: You have some really pretty skills. Do you draw those pics?

Thanks! About the pictures; No I didnt draw them, sorry JK. But I am really into art, I just dont have a scanner.. GGRR!!

EDIT: New Banner:
    Community Theme Contest

Also, I'll try to get the buttons and gradients done for my banners and such. I've just been really busy latly.

Last edited:

Sawyer

���
    Years
    FireTorchic, you might wanna try something a bit less simple than just a gradient. For example, my entry (here) has a gradient in the background, but a 3D abstract render as well. Find a good render like this one, and set its blending mode to color overlay. Then try blending the stock (or picture, if you will) with the background. There are many tutorials for this; my current favorite is smudging. Here's a good smudging tutorial for your trouble. The one I used when I first started smudging ^^ happy designing, my friend.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
    Sawyer said:
    FireTorchic, you might wanna try something a bit less simple than just a gradient. For example, my entry (here) has a gradient in the background, but a 3D abstract render as well. Find a good render like this one, and set its blending mode to color overlay. Then try blending the stock (or picture, if you will) with the background. There are many tutorials for this; my current favorite is smudging. Here's a good smudging tutorial for your trouble. The one I used when I first started smudging ^^ happy designing, my friend.
    Hmm.. I'll try that. I've just started useing PS, I kinda suck at makeing banners and such.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    oh. Well, I shouldn't rush you into that, it's a really advanced technique (I've had 3 years practice xD)... just play around with smudging though, You'll get really good at it eventually ^^

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Here's just the banner so far...
    Community Theme Contest

Fonts used: Ink Tank (BRK), PixelSix (00), 04b_25
    I don't really like the blaziken, I don't think that part turned out well. Otherwise I am pleased. If I am selected, I will make some buttons and some other header images etc. but since the deadline was friday I didn't have time.
    EDIT: *does the 1,000 post dance* w00t!

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Well the banner is very nice!....but we ready go one like that just not the pkmn and color...(claires darkness prevails) try think of yur own idea but other wise very nice!*needs to be bigger*

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Yay! Today is the day of judgement! It's judgement day! Jake, hurry up and get on ;.;

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    It isn't going to be any taller, but I have a repeatable background to make it wider to adjust to any resolution. And if you are saying it is too similar to Claire's Darkness Prevails don't worry I had a different color scheme in mind besides the black. No purple and the post area would not be black/purple. I was thinking a something like a light gray with a small amount of blue (this could change, but I think a light color would look good) for the post area, but all of the headers would be black with the same kind of gradient I made for the banner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back