• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comparing the SM story and characters, features, etc. to the previous generations, and their rating.

What rating will you give Sun and Moon?

• 1 star- It sucked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    I really get nostalgic thinking about the older games and stuff. And some of the characters remind me of the previous gen people too. Some of the features also remind me of gen 6 and stuff, but some stupid features like the Festival Plaza and the music in a few areas just annoy me. Along with characters like Hau having little to no expression, and at serious times, they behave stupidly (I'm looking at you M.C's smile), and things like that. What do you guys think? Becuase honestly, BW and their sequels gave even the most minor NPC's such emotion and character, like the gym leaders, the league members, and others. So this is what I'm talking about. What do you guyz think?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I think SM story could gone better without lillie in my opinion. She was a main issue for me. Also Zygarde should have gotten post game story or a bigger part of the story.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Sun and Moon are definitely up there with my favourites in terms of character development, storyline and Pokemon designs. DPPT still remain my favourites but I felt like they still did a fantastic job with the characters particularly in Sun and Moon. The difficulty was improved, the storyline involving the Aether Foundation was great and overall I'd easily put SM in my top 3 favourites.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    Okay, SM was harder than XY, I agree. And maybe harder than ORAS. But what happened to the actual difficulty? Blue, you must remember all those annoying Cynthia battles. Remeber how pissing off it was to catch legendaries? Now whats wrong? But yeah, I guess SM are pretty good. Its on my top 10 :) (Get my pun?)
    Spoiler:
    But in all seriousness, I gave it a 4. And Alexander 18, I AGREE! Lillie was one of the worst things that happened to SM, along with Hapu and Acerola. These three were the annoying bunch, like Bonnie from the XY anime. It's so annoying just reading their text and looking at their character design. Acerola is a CREEP, and Hapu is just annoying. How is she so short? I understand that some people dont grow as much, or that she may be a child, but why does she talk like she knows more than you? And about Lillie, I said more than enough on the roasting thread. Now my feelings are vented out. But yeah, SM were good in terms of post game, ease of training and stuff, (features) but the story could have been improved. The trials and their totems were too easy. only the mimikyu one was annoying, but i won in less than 5 minutes. I just wish that they gave the story more depth, instead of giving a direct bump up in the ending.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    How do I rate Gen7 as of now? Well...

The mons? It's much, MUCH better than Gen6. A massive improvement in fact.

The characters? I originally thought they were gonna suck, but when I played the game they ended up being better than expected. Could've been better, though.

The plot? Don't remember much from it but it was pretty great from what I remembered.

The difficulty and gameplay? It wasn't too hard to the point it got annoying and the gameplay got decent after around 3 trails in so it was also good.

So overall not too shabby. The beginning is a pain and that is that, but after that not so bad. It also introduced tons of mons that would end up as some of my favs too. Overall, I give Gen7 and SM a 4/5 for the time being.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2017
    I've only just got a 3DS so I've missed a fair bit of Pokemon! (Last game was White) so for me the graphics felt insane.

I've been enjoying Sun a lot but there are a few things I don't like as much. The main thing for me was that I felt as if it was borderline cheating to see which moves were 'super-effective' 'no effect' etc. For me a huge part of the enjoyment of Pokemon is learning the strengths and weaknesses of each type, so that def took some of the enjoyment out of it for me.

The highlight for me is all the new Pokemon. I mean, some of them feel like rip offs from earlier generations but in general I think they are great. I love the Alolan variations - someday I will own an Alolan Meowth :)

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I know the new game feel is insane, but trust me, USUM will be better. And plus, I forgot to add this. RachaelEmma, have fun. You will be sucked back into the Pokemon world. And PageEmperor, I love your signature. And finally, I just wanted to say that I don't want Ash to show up in the games. That messes everything up. No joke.

Back