• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Team Building

Years
    Hi guys, so recently I got interested in competitive battling. So I already know the basics about how your Pokémon should be trained (Iv's, Ev's, Natures etç...), I also know that in a team you normally wanna have a Special Attacker, a Stealth Rocker, Physical Attacker, Rapid Spinner/Anti-Rapid Spinner, a Defensive wall and a Special Defensive wall.
    Well, I know that you just cannot grab some random Pokémon that do those jobs and simply put in on a team, I know that's gonna be really bad so I wanted your opinions and methods to actually build a competitive team.
    Thanks.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, we can help guide you in the creation of a team. However, we won't make it for you, 'cause it's your team. Do you have any preferences as to what Pokemon you want to try? Maybe look at this thread to get a rough idea of what's viable and popular. You might want to check our resources too.

Also, not all teams need to have three attackers and three walls, or anything along the lines of that. Plenty of successful teams are very offensive or defensive. In fact, most teams are usually swayed to one or the other.

Years
    Well, we can help guide you in the creation of a team. However, we won't make it for you, 'cause it's your team. Do you have any preferences as to what Pokemon you want to try? Maybe look at this thread to get a rough idea of what's viable and popular.

Hi, yeh I knew from the start that it was my team so you guys couldn't do it for me but I wanted to see from where could I start. About the preferences, I don't really think I have any preferences, I just wanted to learn how to build up a solid team. For now I will just read the thread you gave me thanks very much for the attention :)

Back