• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive team

Years
  • This is my first competitive team. I tested this team out on pokemon showdown and it had some success. Although I find magic bounce users very hard to counter... The team is sort of a semi-rain dance team as 4 members can benefit from rain. Please suggest any changes to make this team better. :)

Gyarados @ Leftovers - Bulky sweeper
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang

My main sweeper. With leftovers and its bulk, it can withstand a lot of attacks. With rain dance set set up it can deal a lot of damage with waterfall even with just one dragon dance. Other moves are for coverage.

Goodra @ Sitrus Berry - Bulky special tank
    Ability: Hydration
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Rest
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower

Goodra can handle a lot of hits thanks to its high sp.def. Rest can be used to fully heal hp when rain is up. Sludge bomb is for fairies and dragon pulse is for stab. I put flamethrower because I have trouble ko-ing steel types... Although thunder could be better since it can benefit from rain. i didn't put rain dance on Goodra because I thought it wouldn't have enough coverage.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash - Annoyer
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder
    - Sticky Web
    - Swagger
    - Thunder Wave

My main lead. Focus sash guarantees that sticky web can be set up. With sticky web up, most of my time can outspeed other pokemon. Thunder and compound eyes for STAB and accuracy. Swagger and thunder wave to cripple and annoy opponents.

Florges (F) @ Damp Rock - rain dancer
    Ability: Flower Veil
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Toxic
    - Psychic
    - Flower Shield/light screen

Florges is my main rain dancer. It has more of a supportive role, and works with ludicolo well. Although I'm not sure if flower shield increases defense of grass types only if they're in battle? Or are their defenses still increased even if its not sent out yet? If its the latter then I will just use light screen. Toxic is used to slowly lower opponent's hp. I use psychic instead of moonblast to deal with poison types and gengars.

Ludicolo @ Big Root
    Ability: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
    Bold Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Teeter Dance
    - Giga Drain

Rain dish ludiculo. With rain dish and leech seed it can keep its hp up while also slowly sapping hp from opponents. Teeter dance is used to make it harder for opponents to KO it. Giga drain for constant healing and STAB.

Medicham @ Medichamite
    Ability: Pure Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Drain Punch
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch

To deal with ice types and mainly steel types that benefit from rain dance. Fake out to stop sturdy users, and with pure power fake out can deal somewhat decent damage to a pokemon before using drain punch to KO them. I use drain punch instead of Hi-jump kick because I prefer the bulk over power, plus I think drain punch should be enough to take down most opponents. Psycho cut for STAB and to take out poison types, fighting types etc. Ice punch is to get rid of flying types and dragons, as well as grass types that benefit from the rain.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Remember that rain only lasts for 5-8 turns, whether it's from Rain Dance or from Drizzle. Goodra's Flamethrower/Fire Blast will be weakened in Rain as well. If you can't keep up the rain up long enough, Goodra will need to use other sets:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Thunderbolt
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Muddy Water (outside of rain)
    -Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 80 HP/252 SAtk/176 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Gooey

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Muddy Water
    -Dragon Tail/Power Whip
    -Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb
    Nature: Quiet/Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SAtk
    Item: Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey/Sap Sipper

Remember that Galvantula is walled HARD by Ground Pokemon, so it needs coverage moves besides Thunder. Liepard can pull off Thunder Wave + Swagger better thanks to Prankster:
    -Sticky Web
    -Thunder
    -Bug Buzz
    -Volt Switch/Thunder Wave/Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Compound Eyes

Why does Florges not have Moonblast? That's its strongest move and Psychic leaves it helpless against the Dark Pokemon it's supposed to check/counter. Flower Shield only works on Grass Pokemon currently in battle. If I were you, I'd just use Politoed on the team because it gets rain up more reliably:
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Rest/Encore
    -Sleep Talk/Perish Song/Protect
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Damp Rock/Leftovers
    Ability: Drizzle

or
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Surf/Hidden Power (Grass)
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Choice Specs
    Ability: Drizzle

Teeter Dance isn't a good move at all. Confusion isn't a reliable status ailment unless it comes from Liepard's Swagger, though it's still luck-based:
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Scald/Ice Beam
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Rain Dish

Or Ludicolo can act as a backup Rain inducer:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Giga Drain
    -Ice Beam/Focus Blast
    -Rain Dance/Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Damp Rock/Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim

Drain Punch isn't a good move for Mega Medicham to use, tbh, because of its frailty. Use High Jump Kick; though it's risky, the extra power makes it totally worth it. Even though Rain weakens it, Fire Punch is Medicham's best option against Aegislash:
    -High Jump Kick
    -Fire Punch
    -Zen Headbutt/Ice Punch
    -Fake Out/Bullet Punch
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Medichamite

Back