• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compilation issue in pokeemerald expansion realted to adding TMs

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been lurking around the scene for a while and messed around with a few things in the past but I've not set myself a goal of actually finishing a hack that I can be somewhat proud of. I'm using the pokeemerald expansion as a base to build off of which I can get to compile without an issue. I've now done what I think I need to have done to add TMs 51 - 100 using the bit of the code that already exist in the expansion but con compliation I get this error which I can't work out what is causing it:
    1711135246291.png
    I didn't touch the teachable.py file or the teachable_learnsets.h file. I've not added any commands that have not already been used before so I don't understand this error.

What I have done is add my new TMs to the tms_hms.h file directly under where the original 50 are. I've then given my new TMs colours within the item_icon_table.h file, again like what the original 50 have so that they don't all show up as normal type TMs. I've then edited the entries for TMs 51 - 100 in items.h so that each one has a description and a move it actually links to. In the screenshot below, TM50 (Overheat) has not been edited by me but TM51 has been converted into Roost by me. I've then done the same for all the other TMs.
    1711135825511.png
    If anyone can offer any advice or solve this issue, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I didn't touch the teachable.py file or the teachable_learnsets.h file. I've not added any commands that have not already been used before so I don't understand this error.
    The Pokeemerald-expansion requires Python3, as stated in its INSTALL.md document.
    It's required because, as you can infer from what the terminal tells you, the teachable learnsets helper requires it.
    You can install it by using sudo apt install python3, assuming that you did run a sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade when you set up WSL and a Linux distro on it.
    For more information on that tool, see: https://github.com/rh-hideout/pokeemerald-expansion/pull/3856
    What I have done is add my new TMs to the tms_hms.h file directly under where the original 50 are.
    I suppose you meant src/data/items.h, yes? Because you do not need to edit a file such as constants/tms_hms.inc manually.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks. Reinstalling Python3 as you said has made it compile now. I didn't think that would be the issue though as I said that it compiled the pokeemerald expansion before I started editing it so I'm not sure how that happened. Either way, it works now.

The link for the Teachable learnset helper mechanics is also quite helpful so thanks for that.

Back