• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    I was just kidding in my previous post. lol Tododile looks cute. (I used to watch Barney when I was little. So that's a good thing if Tododile reminds me of Barney.) And the trees in Ilex Forest are nice. I wish I could have a notched ear Pichu or a Pikachu colored Pichu, because when it evolves it will be a shiny Pikachu and then a shiny Raichu. :D

My complaint is that they haven't shown us the Pokegear, the new girl sprite, and some trainer sprites yet.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    my only complaint is the graphics, i would have preferred 8 bit, and the music, i would have preferred 8 bit.

a port would be far better than this

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I was just kidding in my previous post. lol Tododile looks cute. (I used to watch Barney when I was little. So that's a good thing if Tododile reminds me of Barney.) And the trees in Ilex Forest are nice. I wish I could have a notched ear Pichu or a Pikachu colored Pichu, because when it evolves it will be a shiny Pikachu and then a shiny Raichu. :D

My complaint is that they haven't shown us the Pokegear, the new girl sprite, and some trainer sprites yet.

Barney is my home boi 8O

we go waaaayyyyyy back

I reaaalllly wanna see the trainers sprites too... and Some more sugimori art 8O

---

Hmm I actually like the DPP style graphics myself honestly

The old GB graphics were nice too, I love the terrible sprites, {{am i the only one who actually likes the old skool Green sprites rofl xDD}}, i prefer them over the GBA ones, Dx i don't know why i just do

shiiiiii-

looking back at my "complaint" i think WTF am i smoking xD?

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Some early screenshots already show off the "glitch border" in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum's graphics engine. It's a shame that they haven't fixed it up. It might be intentional. (And before someone says that they might fix it near the final release, they didn't fix it for Platinum. It probably is intentional.)

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    The new Female character.
    Whats up with her hat? Seriously?
    And could her socks get any higher?

OH! And The names of the games,
    Heart Gold? Soul Silver?

Fire red, Leaf Green, those make sense.
    I understand the whole, Heart of Gold, But who has ever said 'Oh you have a Soul of Silver.'

Ehh

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Who isn't P'ed off about this SOUL loser. I know that this is G/S and Krys was in C but the could have either used Krys or not made the character a cross between a farmer and Mario....

The rest looks good though nothing else to complain about other than SOUL. ...

Oh YEAH!!!!!
    Gold looks like a 5 Year old

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The only complaint I have as of now is the stupid female design

:t354:TG

I thought that too, at first.

She looks like the love child of Mario and Megaman.. xD;

That's my only complaint.. I don't really care for her design, although I'll admit that I'm getting used to it.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Who isn't P'ed off about this SOUL loser. I know that this is G/S and Krys was in C but the could have either used Krys or not made the character a cross between a farmer and Mario....

The rest looks good though nothing else to complain about other than SOUL. ...

Oh YEAH!!!!!
    Gold looks like a 5 Year old
    I really wish they used Krystal as well but I suppose the new female character is alright. Her clothes do look a little daggy though...

Gold looks like a 10 year old in my opinion \o/

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    nintendo should have kept Kris as the female character in HG/SS. this new one really kind of freaks me out!(just look at her hat!)

it looks like mario is her DAD or something!!

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    nintendo should have kept Kris as the female character in HG/SS. this new one really kind of freaks me out!(just look at her hat!)

it looks like mario is her DAD or something!!
    Yeah I'm pretty cut that Krystal isn't in the game.

The new female character isn't bad but I really wanted to be Krystal again.

Oh well....:(

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I know a easy way to resolve the new female character dilemma. All Gamefreak has to do is make a remake of Crystal, call it Spirit Crystal or something and replace Soul with Kris...and replace Gold with a new main male character just to be fair. =p

I kinda like the new female character, she kinda has grown on me, mainly because her outfit looks like a an attempt at a Mario cosplay. XD

Back