• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    No.

Because money is nothing, honey costs like 1000 pokedollars for a pack of 12.
    Yet this is better than spending bucks on a TM once, or better yet, having a pokemon with headbutt prepacked
    And I would rather slap honey on all the trees and have 6 hours to do other things like training, pokeradar'ing, battle tower, or *gasp* not playing pokemon at all
    and then coming back and finding out that the pokemon you dont want appears, and having to do the whole damn process over again for days on end. I can stand and deal with tree butting until it comes out rather than wait it out till later with the bs encounter rate.
    I'd take a 25-45%
    5% to be exact

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Yet this is better than spending bucks on a TM once, or better yet, having a pokemon with headbutt prepacked and then coming back and finding out that the pokemon you dont want appears, and having to do the whole damn process over again for days on end. I can stand and deal with tree butting until it comes out rather than wait it out till later with the bs encounter rate.
    5% to be exact

opininonated

I'm merely stating my opinion, you're forcing me to believe yours is superior.
    Pointless argument is now pointless.

and heracross has a rate of 38-45% on some trees so it's honestly not that hard. you just prefer instant gratification.

and another good thing about honey trees is that if you accidentally kill one or get one with horrible stats, you can simply restart the game before you checked the tree and it will -still- be the same pokemon no matter what.

screw up on a heracross with headbutt and it's back to square one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I think it's funny that people use "You wanted it, and now that you have it you complain. Where's the gratitude?"

Really, that does NOT work as an argument. We all knew the moment FireRed/LeafGreen was announced that it was only a matter of time before G/S also received remakes. Hell, I'm sure there were a few people smart enough to predict FR/LG once it was obvious you couldn't trade between second and third gen.

Nintendo isn't doing this for us, they're doing it for them. They're making money off this, so of course they're going to do it. You know what? By the time fifth generation is announced, and the inevitable "Oops.... We couldn't *figure out* how to connect with fourth gen. Sorry." They're going to remake Ruby/Sapphire. They're doing this on purpose, solely so they can make remakes and con us out of our money.

This isn't even a big deal to me, but knowing that they're going to do it anyways they should at least have the courtesy to keep things nostalgic... Keep in Kris, keep the story, and for God's-sake, keep out the third and fourth gen hack attempts at clothing and Pokemon design. They know we're going to but it, so they should use their big corporate intelligence to realize they're only losing sales by changing what it meant to play Gold/Silver way back then.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    I'm merely stating my opinion, you're forcing me to believe yours is superior.

The hypocrite speaks. Through out this entire thread, you have been telling people to "shut up" and be happy with a remake just because. Even when it comes to simple stuff like graphical tiles, you whine about the person's opinion and tell him off, or you go on to consider him a fanboy for having a negative opinion on the game thus far. Don't get me started on your "war" with people who dont like the female character.

and heracross has a rate of 38-45% on some trees so it's honestly not that hard. you just prefer instant gratification.

All trees have exactly the same rate of encounter for all pokemon. If you were told one tree works better than others, it's because that user got lucky on that tree, not because it's true. And instant gratification? Damn straight. Who says its wrong to enjoy a game on every level as soon as possible?

and another good thing about honey trees is that if you accidentally kill one or get one with horrible stats, you can simply restart the game before you checked the tree and it will -still- be the same pokemon no matter what.

If you're going to try and catch a pokemon (a rare one at that), you should be prepared in the first place with false swipe/nest balls/etc. Killing it would be your own lack of restraint with capturing pokemon in the first place. Horrible stats? huh....I guess I have to.... Oh wait, I can BREED for better ones than before than wasting 18 more hours trying to get another rare tree find.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    They know we're going to buy it, so they should use their big corporate intelligence to realize they're only losing sales by changing what it meant to play Gold/Silver way back then.

I doubt they need big corporate intelligence.

They're not going to lose sales on any pokemon game....ever. They know this, therefore they risk very little when changing things or keeping things redundant. As long as they make a single dollar on the product, its good for them.

Stop being blinded by nostalgia.

Stop being blinded by nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I doubt they need big corporate intelligence.

They're not going to lose sales on any pokemon game....ever. They know this, therefore they risk very little when changing things or keeping things redundant. As long as they make a single dollar on the product, its good for them.
    I was being patronizing towards them, so I didn't really mean to imply that Nintendo has any real intelligence.

I know they're going to keep selling Pokemon games until whatever it is in our shared psyche that drives us to collect and battle monsters is lobotomized, but they are probably losing a drop-in-the-bucket amount of sales by making certain changes that distance those that originally played and have expectations. The new players have no such expectations, so Nintendo can really do whatever they want and keep them... But they will lose sales from me, and many others.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    What I don't really like is Gold's new pants. For some reason it just doesn't look right in my eyes, but I am starting to get used to it.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you're going to try and catch a pokemon (a rare one at that), you should be prepared in the first place with false swipe/nest balls/etc. Killing it would be your own lack of restraint with capturing pokemon in the first place. Horrible stats? huh....I guess I have to.... Oh wait, I can BREED for better ones than before than wasting 18 more hours trying to get another rare tree find.

I'd prefer having Headbutt Trees, too, but I do need to correct you on this.

Once the 6 hours are up, the Species you run into for that time is Pre-determined, but the Gender, Nature, and IVs ar not. Save in front of the Honey tree and you can keep soft reseting to get that perfect Heracross. That's how you can "easily" get a Female Combee in DPP without even breeding.

I still like Headbutt trees more, though.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    My one complaint is the fact that they're taking the time to remake a game, rather than just make a completely new one. I mean, I'm happy they're making this, but I really wish they'd give me a new region to explore rather than exploit my love for nostalgia. . .

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    1. New female is bad.
    2. Names are bad
    3. Where the hell is crystal. Suicune kills both ho-oh and lugia.
    4. Thanks for standing still, Wanker!

5. Btw, Batter up!

whatever. you got the idea. new female is a waste of money. at least we have a decent male we can pick. unlike some other males.. (ermm... hint?)

Its also too good gold didn't get any Luigi clothes. then crystal comes.. we will see a Yoshi LOL

I think Heart Gold is a cool name. I mean the way they made the heart to match Ho-oh's wing was pretty cool.

I find that Gold's yellow stripe on the hat was really shown up a bit too much. I'll get used to it though.

Girls would never leave hearts... well.. after reading that post. i feel somehow sorry for those who bother and put stupid comments on YT like :" OMGZ you are teh ******ual guy! you chooz teh female!"

If they won't get kris back ill take gold. never really bothered with what they wear. actually, after playing emerald for several years.. i only now noticed that may got a sleeveless top. ha ha ha. Battle is my forte! (just some cool quote from Megaman battle network 2)

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    1. New female is bad.
    2. Names are bad
    3. Where the hell is crystal. Suicune kills both ho-oh and lugia.
    4. Thanks for standing still, Wanker!

5. Btw, Batter up!

whatever. you got the idea. new female is a waste of money. at least we have a decent male we can pick. unlike some other males.. (ermm... hint?)

Its also too good gold didn't get any Luigi clothes. then crystal comes.. we will see a Yoshi LOL

Let's remember that is a G/S remake not a Crystal remake. xD

I think that the girl could've been better, but for her being in the Johto looking like that is fine.

Gold looks a bit different to me but he as well looks okay, I mean it's still him at least.

I personally like both of the characters but some things like Gold's hat, and the long socks the girl has could've been better in my opinion. Everything else is okay.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well, ther is a lack of a certain blue haired girl that we all liked, but i can get used to this new one- like the pokemon in sinnoh, she will eventually grow on me (probs in 5 years)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The only thing I really have to complain about is how Cyndaquil's sprite looks. It looks okay, but it's kind of chubby.

Last edited:

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    So buy a Game Boy Color and Gold or Silver. =|

I mean I want Firered OW to return to the DS!
    EDIT: Actually, I just dont want the moving 3Dness.

And heck, there's nothing all that grand about Pokemon Red and Blue name-wise either, when you get to it. I mean - Blue. Whoo. Yeah. Right on. Exciting stuff, no? =P But Yellow - now THAT'S a mind-blowing name!

But they were the first games...
    notice most of the first in a series start of with crap names, but the get better and better?

But rlly... HeartGold... SoulSilver...LackOfSpaces?

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Totodile's sprite is kind of awkward to me when it follows you. It looks okay though and I am sure I could get used to it.

Years
    New complaints! ^o^

Ilex Forest shrine is a copy/paste of the Celestic Town shrine. (I hope they change it before release.)
    The trees are flat and 2-dimensional, unlike D/P/P's trees which showed parallax. (The trees, themselves; not their placements.)
    The revealed sprites (starters) look too "glossy" for my taste.
    The Slowpoke Well looks awkward, and I don't see how you could reasonably fit inside, let alone get back out.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    New complaints! ^o^

Ilex Forest shrine is a copy/paste of the Celestic Town shrine. (I hope they change it before release.)
    The trees are flat and 2-dimensional, unlike D/P/P's trees which showed parallax. (The trees, themselves; not their placements.)
    The revealed sprites (starters) look too "glossy" for my taste.
    The Slowpoke Well looks awkward, and I don't see how you could reasonably fit inside, let alone get back out.

It's a basic Japanese shine, makes sense they'd use it. They could have changed the colors, that probably would look a bit tackier than just copy and pasting it. And HG/SS' shrine is more 2.5D with a cleaner look, while D/P/PT's is full 3D with a more edgier/polygonized look.

For slowpoke well, the game is in the perspective in which things actually look bigger/smaller as you get closer/farther, as opposed to the old games where it's a top down perspective. Since the current screens we have are relatively distanced from the well, it'll probably look bigger when you're actually standing next to it.

And for the trees/sprites, I don't the low quality screenshots and videos do it any justice. I'd wait for some high def stuff before passing final judgment.

and why the hell are you "oookawaii ^o^" ing about complaints lol

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Main complaint?

Let me complain about complaints D:
    really? are we REALLY complaining about a game we begged for years? over the color of tiles and how long the heroines socks are?

Its not like they decided to replace Lugia with Luxgiax-extreaaammme...x and change the name of azelea town to Rainbow Optimus prime city or something and dress all the characters in cat ears and lolita dresses because THATS SO KWAI

Not like im helping *coughhypocritetiamu*, But most of us are either complaining about golden hearts not dusky/dawny enough
    or complaining about us complaining about the complainers complaining about all the complaints

If the nostalgic nostalgia is not nostalgic enough for your nostalgic wet dreams of nostalgic nostalgia which is rather nostalgic, i sugest you buy or download or steal off that stupid kid next door, a copy of GS

and i never want to see the word complain or nostalgic ever again after the abuse of the words i did Dx

I really don't think it matters honestly, and if they DO change Azelea town to rainbow optimus prime city
    and give everyone cat ears because ITS KAWAI, or make holy kami desu Arceus save us from team rocketo desu and make us follow the yellow brick road to triumph on a scooter/wth?

I'll lol. soooo soooooooo hard XDDDDD;;

...lol

Back