• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Complaints thread

What Odd Egg did you get in Crystal?

• Pichu

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Igglybuff

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • Cleffa

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Magby

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • Elekid

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Smoochum

Votes: 31 14.7%
  • Tyrogue

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I didn't have Pokemon Crystal.

Votes: 84 39.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    There actually is a reason for them doing that.

Not because they're lazy, but because that way they can use the Battle Recorder Feature with Platinum. Having new Brains or Facilities would make it incompatable with Platinum's Battle Recorder Features.

Yes, I can fathom that, but what surprised me is that the Brains themselves are the same, less so the fact that the events don't change. Considering they already have Rotom/Shaymin/Giratina change sprite when linked with DP, it's within the bounds of the imagination (and programming) to have new Frontier Brain sprites switch to old ones if viewed in Platinum. Sinnoh isn't said to be within reasonable distance of Johto/Kanto, and unlike the returning legendaries; they don't *quite* have the ability to jump wherever they please.

Although HGSS might still justify this as a travelling event, or have Battle Frontier non-reachable by land, which would handwave the geographical discrepancy.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • I am deeply enraged by the fact that no evolution of dunsparce has been created. that is THE only pokemon that deeply needs an evolution, and yet it cannot evolve

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • I'd complain about the soundtrack. Most of it sounds good, but over remixed to the point where I have to listen to a song fully to figure out if it's actually a remix or a whole new song flat out.

For example, the Kanto trainer battle music. It has all these weird sound-effect like noises over the actual original tune, which is EXTREMELY annoying for nostalgic reasons.
    Another example is Goldenrod city music. The bike theme sounds more like the original.
    Trainer battle johto: Again too many goofy background sounds which make it very VERY hard to tell the original battle tune is even there. What was gamefreak thinking?
    Everyone hates the Celadon city remix.

Aside from the music, the game itself is amazing. truly a must buy for every pokemon player

Edit: I'm not even kidding, the celadon city music is downright awful.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • EpsilonE, I agree with you for some of them, but not all of them. National Park and Vermillion City are a couple of them that are extremely different, but some of them I think turned out pretty well. However, I think that's the reason why they gave you the GB mp3 player later in the game, so you can listen to the original GSC music if you think that it's better. Again though, I wish it was available much earlier in the game than Celadon.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • I didnt say ALL songs were bad. I love the pewter city, the johto wild battle and violet city music, and the Raikou battle theme tops all pokemon music imo.

I'm just saying some of the soundtracks sound waaay overbeared with remixy tones.

And do you seriously get an mp3 player in the GAME that lets you listen to originals?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I didnt say ALL songs were bad. I love the pewter city, the johto wild battle and violet city music, and the Raikou battle theme tops all pokemon music imo.

I'm just saying some of the soundtracks sound waaay overbeared with remixy tones.

And do you seriously get an mp3 player in the GAME that lets you listen to originals?

Yes, you do. It's called the GB Player. You get it after getting all 16 badges and going to Gamefreak's development room in Celadon.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    have fun with that- wow, that post sounds exactly like the one Polliwagged made before he was banned
    ON TOPIC
    i had high expectations for this game, and well... they were all met- and more! i can say without hesitation that this is the best game i have ever played (tied with Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Why not actually play the old G/S/C or use the GB player in the game to have old nostalgic music?

don't encourage the trolls- odds are it's one of the members who got banned in the last 2 weeks and he/she created another account to cause more trouble
    he/she's mocking the members who say things like that (like poliwagged did)

Finnel

Years
  • Everyone hates the Celadon city remix.
    Celadon City is nowhere near as bad as Goldenrod. Poor Goldenrod was raped. The Game Corner/Lucky Channel as well. I remember turning on the radio to the Lucky Channel when I played Crystal as a little kid just to listen to that catchy music, but it's not as good anymore.

Otherwise, the music isn't too horrible, it's just a big bag of overall below average music. Some tracks actually sound pretty good, but the bad ones outnumber them.

I wish you could get the GB Player earlier, but you have to wait until the freaking end of the game. I'll be playing with the sound off most of the time, then...

Oosername

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Celadon City is nowhere near as bad as Goldenrod. Poor Goldenrod was raped. The Game Corner/Lucky Channel as well. I remember turning on the radio to the Lucky Channel when I played Crystal as a little kid just to listen to that catchy music, but it's not as good anymore.

Otherwise, the music isn't too horrible, it's just a big bag of overall below average music. Some tracks actually sound pretty good, but the bad ones outnumber them.

I wish you could get the GB Player earlier, but you have to wait until the freaking end of the game. I'll be playing with the sound off most of the time, then...
    THANK GOD. but I hate HATE that you said some tracks are good.
    bullshiit, no tracks are good. they're all absolute donkey shiit.

hey you want to come with me to japan? I've got a flight in 2 days I'm going to gun down gamefreak

this game's music is so fuucking awful everyone there needs to be shot so I'm doing it myself. stupid shiits don't know how to make music they just release cat rape noises on to a piece of crap game card. they ruined my childhood so some fuuckers have to pay the blood price. ass, wipes

bring your own weapons tho

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • ugh. I found out the BF Move Tutor Moves. I was disappointed with all the moves they had.

Pretty much the same with some other pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I'd complain about the soundtrack. Most of it sounds good, but over remixed to the point where I have to listen to a song fully to figure out if it's actually a remix or a whole new song flat out.

For example, the Kanto trainer battle music. It has all these weird sound-effect like noises over the actual original tune, which is EXTREMELY annoying for nostalgic reasons.
    Another example is Goldenrod city music. The bike theme sounds more like the original.
    Trainer battle johto: Again too many goofy background sounds which make it very VERY hard to tell the original battle tune is even there. What was gamefreak thinking?
    Everyone hates the Celadon city remix.

Aside from the music, the game itself is amazing. truly a must buy for every pokemon player

Edit: I'm not even kidding, the celadon city music is downright awful.

Different strokes for different folks. I, for one, think the new soundtrack is a WONDERFUL new take on the old tunes. I LOVE the Ecruteak City theme and I think the Celadon theme brings back warm childhood memories. Some of my favourite tracks include Pokemon Center, Friendly Shop, Ecruteak City, Cianwood City, New Bark Town, and Lavender Town themes. I uploaded both the HGSS and GSC albums onto my MP3 player and love both soundtracks.

This is the best soundtrack since the original GSC. RSE had too much trumpets and french horns while DPPt tunes were forgettable.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • The only complaint I have so far is that:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

...of course, I was a bit amused though.
    And the remark at the end was a joke. I still love him~

Last edited:

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
    Years
  • Scyther + Bug Catching Contest = NIGHTMARE

Is it TOO much to ask to be able to catch a MALE Scyther in the Bug Catching Contest? Seriously. All I can find are females and I can't be bothered to breed with my Ditto in order to get one.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...any particular reason why you need a male Scyther when gender has been proven to have no effect on a pokemon's stats and movepool (except for the few evolution cases, which Scyther isn't one)?

Back