• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[COMPLETE] Let's Play Pokemon Snakewood! (HD Remix)

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

01b0560da0634e85bc164f7445dbe7a9_r.png

Oh goodness, what do we have here?

Pokemon Snakewood is a Ruby rom hack released in 2010 or so by a man called Cutlerine. It's a hack where Hoenn is overrun with zombies and the entire region is falling apart. When I first saw this, I thought it was going to be rad because the concept was promising. However, from either trying too much or trying too hard, Cutlerine's hack manages to get really... weird. I mean it's all over the place.

Ever since then, I've been enchanted by Snakewood's strangeness but I've never quite tried it myself. By the way, this is the first screenshot let's play I've ever done and it was inspired by the likes over at the LP Archive.

So buckle your safety belts, fellow PC members, because this is going to be a rollercoaster of crazy.

2023 NOTE: I used to have these let's plays of mine uploaded on my blog here, but the images and formatting broke. So I figured it would be best to just re-do the chapters and clean them up a bit since the original prints were made in 2015 + a thread is a much better place to put all of the chapters together. That, and you all will be getting more content this time around.

CHAPTER LIST FAST TRAVEL:

Chapter 1 - Whisper of Hell

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Things are pretty eventful this episode! Let's break it down.

Chapter 2 - We're Going Places

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

tcVdqOj.jpg

It's so fascinating seeing people who never knew screenshot let's plays are a thing.

Context: There was someone who found the original version of this let's play from a while back and used it as a reference in their video essay about Snakewood as a guide of sorts. For me it was a culture shock moment, cause this was the only method I had to record gameplay without using... well, actual video recording equipment. I was pretty broke back then.

Chapter 3 - An Ace Takes Flight

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

This chapter title is more than just a reference.

Future Dan: Unintentional foreshadowing for later in the game? Would be my kind of luck, too.

Chapter 4 - Pride and Pestilence

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Oh snap, a double update. One of these being a fun little side chapter and the other is actual advancement.

Chapter 3.5 - Unwelcome (Gameshark Fun)​
Spoiler:

Chapter 5 - The Dragon King​
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

A fair amount of the new updates from now on will be bulk uploads. Spoiler tags are incredibly useful for this.

Chapter 6 - Seaside Trouble

Spoiler:

Chapter 7 - Nobody Expects the Hoenn Inquisition

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Murder mystery time!

Chapter 8 - A Traitor Among Our Ranks​
Spoiler:

Chapter 9 - Tomorrow is Mine​
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
Years

Oh boy. Are you ready to get crazy, cause I sure am! (not)

Chapter 10 - The Art of Lunacy​

Spoiler:

Chapter 11 - Into the Rabbit Hole​

Spoiler: