• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Completely dead?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I never play RYB (sadly), but I don't think that the second generation can completely die, like, ever. I still play Crystal more than all the other games combined, and while I haven't tried the IV or V generations yet, I still find it better than RSE.

I mean, it's probably because people have a hard time changing their likes and dislikes so I never really gave Gen III a fair try but still, I like Generation II a great deal and I'm sure there's other folks like me out there (or most probably in here) so, as far as I and we are concerned, GSC ain't dying anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    i don't think there dead there's a certain nostalgia that will never be lost. that is as long as we keep playing the games. i for one have restarted to play red and i am purchasing pokemon green from japan

SpiralHorn

Feels like an old fart D:
    Years
    I wish I still had all my old games :( I used to have every version up to Emerald, but my DS and Gameboy and all of my games where stolen last year, and I just got a new DS and some games a few months ago. Now all I have are LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond and SoulSilver.

I want all of them again, so I've been looking around online for them. The ones I miss the most are Yellow and Silver. I have them as ROMS on my computer, but I can't seem to get very far. It's just not the same.

Years
    I see mine as being ancient.

Haha, but really I hardly ever play them anymore. One reason being I can't find my Gameboy Advance, so yeah :/

Though they are old, and they have been remade, I still like the keep them for memory purposes. Good times...

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    Actually in my math class about a week before the finals, while I was playing HeartGold for some random training, a friend of mine was playing blue version on the old Gameboy Color. It was actually pretty cool to see it and look at how far we've come. Though I always loved the surf sprite from the old versions since it looked like the player turned into a seel-like thing.

I believe she was in Cinnabar Island, and taking a Charizard, Dewgong and some others.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Nevah! I actually play them more than I do B/W or HG. 3 years ago I was obsessed with my w/ my DS and Diamond. After stupidly saving inside a fountain because of WalkThruWalls, I decided to give it a break. Dug out my GBA, and my FR, then bought Yellow and Blue (Save's dead) and I play that. I'm aiming to get Silver and Ruby and my collection will be complete. Maybe I'll try a pirated english Green as a sidequest.

The Red Chain

I'm guilty of abandoning my old games for the most part. :x
    However! I did play through Silver and Emerald the whole way last year! It was such nostalgic fun, I really enjoyed it. ^__^

I think sometime this year I'll start from Gen 1, and replay them all the way up to Gen 3 again.
    I'm starting to miss the nostalgia. ;;

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
    Silver is seriously all I've been playing as of late. I'm actually making plans to customize my gameboy color soon. I pick up pearl, but I can't handle slugging through the quest line for the fifth time. However, no matter how many times I play through silver I never grow tired of it. And me and my friends have compiled a gameboy club, so I get occasional battles out of it. None of my friends are any good though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    I see them as classics! I pick em up every once in a while and feel so much great nostalgia. Therefore I believe they'll never die and will remain the base of the great series that it Pokemon.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    I haven't played any of my Gen I/II games for a long while now. Probably because that when I did pick up my Gold version, I found out that the in-game clock died. Never touched them since.

Years
    I stopped playing the originals when FR/LG came out, and I stopped playing Generation II when I lost them/batteries died, but I'd still love to play through all of them again. Recently seeing the old sprites from RBY have given me a lot of nostalgia and I think I'll pick those games up again sometime...if I can find them.

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    It's pretty cool that we can have ROMs for them now so they never have to die completely. I still have my old games but lost my old GBC (clear purple lolz) otherwise I would have definitely fired up blue version for the nuzlocke challenge.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I can't find any of mine except for my red, and my sister's dead silver.
    I downloaded a Rom the other day of blue to mess around with Missingno.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I gave away my old game boy advance SP to my relatives in Jamacia, so I don't have these games anymore. And yes, even though Black and White are in the Horizon, I will always remember them because those were what interested me in pokemon in the first place. My first game being pokemon Yellow; followed up with Blue [never did played Red]. I also remember these games, because its kind of how I met my first friends; we used to play pokemon Gold and Yellow together; used to complain how hard the Elite four was in Yellow, and how tough the Ice Cave was in Pokemon Gold. These games are classic; I'd sooner play them again, if I'd ever had one of these games and a game boy classic or something; to bring up a little nostalgia before tackiling the new generation. :3

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
    I play my Silver and my Yellow every now and again. Sometimes I play Red, Blue, and Crystal, but Silver and Yellow were always my favourites, and always will be.

They don't just gather dust on my shelf :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I pretty much hate any pokemon game pre Gen III. I find then far too basic.

So, they are dead in the section of games that are obsolete.

Back