• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer Screens

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
    Well, my computer screen now shows everything in Pink. So im going to need to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend any screens to me? Thanks in advance!

Years
    Computer Screens

That Is what he means by Computer Screen

Years
    That Is what he means by Computer Screen

A screen is a part of a monitor - i.e. the bit that shows the display. And I doubt mervyn797 needs you to patronise him either, btw. :3

With VDUs, as far as I know, the best option really is to just find a compromise between size and price. The lowest you'll want is 13.3", which corresponds to a maximum resolution of 1024x768 (1280x800 if it's widescreen). In practice, 15" or 17" are probably what you'll want, so search around for the cheapest options of those size among the respected brands. :)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Hm... I'd wait to see if anything else goes wrong. Specifically, you may want to check your hard drive to see if it's about to fail; that's often one of the symptoms. If it does end up being the monitor, just go with the cheapest LCD you can find. There's one on Newegg for like $75 right now, but most of them are at least $100.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    Hm... I'd wait to see if anything else goes wrong. Specifically, you may want to check your hard drive to see if it's about to fail; that's often one of the symptoms. If it does end up being the monitor, just go with the cheapest LCD you can find. There's one on Newegg for like $75 right now, but most of them are at least $100.

My last LCD monitor died when i plugged it into an old computer ( Haven't a clue how that would make it die, but it died that way) Did you do that by any chance OP? But, yeah you should test it on another computer (If you have the option) just to make sure.

Back