• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Coro Coro Contest! Name That Attack! PC Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Coro Coro Contest! Name That Attack! PC Exclusive!

Hello all! Coro Coro is running a special contest to name a Steel Pokemon attack in Sword and Shield! I have one mail in post card and I decided to give the Poke Community a chance to name the attack! So here is the deal, between April 15th and April 26th at 4 PM Tokyo time, come up with the best attack name! The one that has the most "likes" at the time the contest is finished, will be placed on the postcard and mailed to Nintendo! Remember the attack must be 8 letters or less! Good luck everyone!

Attack Information
    This is the move Nintendo asks us to name

Name: ??????
    Type: Steel
    Category: Special
    Damage: 140
    Effect: Does major damage but reduces user's Hit Points by 50%

Important Information

• The contest runs from 4/15/2019 to 4/26/2019 at 4 PM JST.
    • The attack name must be 8 letters or less Please see this post for more information.
    • One entry per member. Usage of multiple accounts is not permitted.
    • The attack name can be in English, Hiragana, or Katakana.
    • The winner will be determined by number of likes, if there is a tie, I will let the mods decide.
    • A picture of the finished post card will be posted in this topic to show it is being sent in.
    • If Nintendo chooses the attack name as the final choice, the winner will be informed via PM and in this topic.

Coro Coro Contest! Name That Attack! PC Exclusive!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Hm. Eight Roman letters is too short, but by converting to katakana we can get some decent names that fit (I'm making them separate posts so they can be liked separately):

Overclock (オーバクロック).

Brave Bot (ブレーブ・ボット)

Taboo Laser (タブー・レーザー)

Actually, here's one that works as Romanji: Talos.

(After the robot from Greek mythology who destroyed himself by removing a nail from his body, so that "the ichor ran out of him like molten lead.")

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Shrapnel
    Named after Shrapnel shells because we just passed the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI (in which the UK, the region Galar is based off of, was a big player in) last year so I thought it would be a good way to honor that.

Last edited:

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • Nukeshot,
    as nuke means nuclear weapon which is highly damaging and has a relation to metals.And as it is used by a steel type it would seem as if it is launching a part from its body as the nuclear weapon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Core Shred (idk a 4 letter word taht can repalce shred help me out here XD)
    A steel type is usually bulky so it would be like the Earths iron core. If it shreds off its own body to launch it at the opponent it would hurt itself but would pack quite a punch since the Earths core is made out of solid iron and nickle.
    Core Tear could also work unless theres a better word.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Heh an offensive Curse move. Hmm Torment came to mind but we already have that. How about Rust. It's what happens to Steel when exposed to Oxygen. In using the move, the Steel Type Pokemon willingly causes rust to form(which hurts it) and then violently expels it at the enemy.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    rust ray/rustyray
    the rust is like oxidation but shorter , when iron or any material is exposed to oxygen, it oxidizes, so if a body made of iron expels it, It would be like removing the thing that covers a wound, we would hurt ourselves ... I did not know how to explain it well, but I hope that the name likes you...
    oh... CodeHelmet say something simillar...
    maybe ironbeam?

Last edited:

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Excaliburst, a sword-shaped light beam destroying the foe. (If someone can write it in hiragana/katakana to fit in)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023
    What about Foil? It's simple, but it refers to metal and how a plan can be rendered unsuccessful, tying it in well with the recoil.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    Meltdown
    Evoking the power, and perceived danger, of nuclear energy

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back