• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • I don't mind the redesigns. The Team Magma girl looks cute. <3 And Tabitha needed a makeover, he looked too similar to regular grunts in the old games.

Me preferring cold and calculating villains will choose to fight Team Magma and, thus, Omega Ruby. Team Aqua is too flashy for my taste.

After these revelations I'm very hopeful that the story will be changed somewhat and more Pokémon will be available pre-E4. I mean, there will be all the ones in the Hoenn Dex, but back then some types were grossly underrepresented. It's also possible Metagross will get a Mega since it's Steven's main Pokémon. And I'm also hoping we get Mega ability pre-E4 as well, though it wouldn't hurt to have it post-E4 considering apart from the Frontier the Hoenn postgame was kinda shallow.

To anyone complaining about evil team redesigns... Back in HGSS we got new Rocket Admins and no one complained. If you want strictly the same game, fire up RSE in an emulator and give this one a pass.

May and Brendan follow a design trend seen since 4th gen. I don't see anything wrong with them. In fact May looks cuter than her old self.

It's weird to me that people want the remakes but hate change. If things weren't changed, what would be the point of playing the game? And all the changes I'm seeing are for the better. Introduction of Megas, integration of Megas to the story through Steven. I'm actually thinking this will be the most "changed" remake GF has ever released. And this is good! Imagine if HGSS was GSC with better graphics, and only that. It would've sucked.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega Sceptile is a dream come true. I mean.. lookit that thing and it's grass/dragon. But ugh though, I was planning on getting Sapphire but the Magma trainers look soooo awesome. Luckily it's just designs so no big deal but oooo.

I was surprised that they gave Maxie glasses, but he always did look like a professor sort of guy...he looks even more like one now!

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Ehrnamagherd.

I'm so stoked. Glad I was planning to choose Treecko! For AlphaSapphire, I'll be choosing Mudkip.

The redesigns are ok to me, not really awesome. (Except for Archie, he is Captain Jack Sparrow!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I guessed their be devolutions of their RSE selves. Also they may not be formes, but a devolution counterpart to Mega Evolution. Well I guess if one is being technical they could be considered formes like how some consider Megas to be formes...

I think that the Diancie stone will be distributed upon release like the Mega Stone for Blaziken. Or it'll be in game and we'll get Diancie like we got Genosect in B2W2.

i bought my 3 ds JUST for pokemon x . .
    now it will be usefull for hoen remakes as well :)

yes but when will we get DIANCIE itself? ..

I still want the other power plant doors to be used for SOMETHING.

That reminds me. Need to buy more Fresh Water.

what do u need fresh water for?

Years
  • yes but when will we get DIANCIE itself? ..

what do u need fresh water for?

I mentioned in my post that we'll probably get Diancie like we got Genesect in B2W2 which will be by Wi-fi upon the release of the games :3. Or we'll get it in July after the movie has been out in Japan and we'll have to wait to transfer it to ORAS to trigger an event to get it's Mega Stone.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    It's weird to me that people want the remakes but hate change. If things weren't changed, what would be the point of playing the game? And all the changes I'm seeing are for the better. Introduction of Megas, integration of Megas to the story through Steven. I'm actually thinking this will be the most "changed" remake GF has ever released. And this is good! Imagine if HGSS was GSC with better graphics, and only that. It would've sucked.

Well, I never asked for the remakes, so....lol
    R/S/E is my favorite, but after X/Y, I just think a remake would be worse. *shrugs*

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Ken drew Gen V.

Actually, Yusuke Ohmura drew the majority of humans in gen 5.

They made Tabitha fat...
    They made Mega Swampert an Egg...
    Steven has Diantha's face...and a Mega Charizard?!
    I hate to say it, but I'm not enjoying most of this as of now...I don't like judging things too prematurely but wow, this isn't what I was hoping for at all.

Years
  • Actually, Yusuke Ohmura drew the majority of humans in gen 5.

They made Tabitha fat...
    They made Mega Swampert an Egg...
    Steven has Diantha's face...and a Mega Charizard?!
    I hate to say it, but I'm not enjoying most of this as of now...I don't like judging things too prematurely but wow, this isn't what I was hoping for at all.

Again, I think that the Charizard is simply for Demo purposes. It's Lv. 100, also the way he's holding out his hand and showing off the Mega Bangle looks like he's giving a lecture on Mega Evolution.

Poor MegaSwampert is getting treated like Chestnaught :(

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I like Mega Swampert. Swampert was always my least favorite Hoenn starter, because to me it looked stupid. Blaziken is boss and Sceptile has a pleasant saurian look.

What's wrong with Mega Charizard? Surely enough they don't want to spoil the possible Mega Metagross... :P As I doubt Steven will use Mega Aggron.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Waaaait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? lol

The art style is so similar that I always thought it was Ken. Huh, learn something new everyday.

Yeah, Ohmura did a good job with that~ But Sugimori only drew Juniper, Juniper's dad, N (in BW), Ghetsis (in BW), Hilda, Hilbert, and...maybe Fennel. The rest were drawn by Ohmura.

It does look like Sugimori is drawing the characters this time for ORAS, though. At least from what I can tell; some of the Aqua/Magma members are too low-quality to really make out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I guessed their be devolutions of their RSE selves. Also they may not be formes, but a devolution counterpart to Mega Evolution. Well I guess if one is being technical they could be considered formes like how some consider Megas to be formes...

I think that the Diancie stone will be distributed upon release like the Mega Stone for Blaziken. Or it'll be in game and we'll get Diancie like we got Genosect in B2W2.

I hope theres another way to get her, because trying to find one will be hard.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I like Mega Swampert. Swampert was always my least favorite Hoenn starter, because to me it looked stupid. Blaziken is boss and Sceptile has a pleasant saurian look.

What's wrong with Mega Charizard? Surely enough they don't want to spoil the possible Mega Metagross... :P As I doubt Steven will use Mega Aggron.

Nothing's wrong with Mega Charizard except that: one, it's becoming very overused in the Pokémon media; and two, I'm sure people are worried that Charizard will be Steven's only Mega. If he had different Megas each time you fought him I guess it would be okay, but he's a Steel-Type Master. It's shocking to see him with a Charizard of all things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back