• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Corocoro (release for July) and E3 Speculation and Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Yeah, hopefully each month will showcase something new right up until the release in November. Since we don't have any more major events such as E3 this year, we're going to have to rely on CoroCoro for our sources. ;;

It's too bad that Nintendo doesn't (as far as I know) participate in TGS (Tokyo Game show) like Sony does...

I'll like to see Rustboro to see if it really did get bigger, same goes for what appears to be a new layout to Mauville.

Years
    I don't think CoroCoro will disappoint though. June's edition certainly didn't, all the information was amazing and left me wanting more, which is generally the type of response you'd want to new releases for a game, haha. I'd like to see some more about Steven's involvement with Primal Reversion this time around. o:

Years
    I don't think CoroCoro will disappoint though. June's edition certainly didn't, all the information was amazing and left me wanting more, which is generally the type of response you'd want to new releases for a game, haha. I'd like to see some more about Steven's involvement with Primal Reversion this time around. o:

It's unwise to judge the next month's issue based on the current month's issue unless they specifically say they're going to have a lot of info next issue like they did in May's release (and we did get a lot in this month's release). This month they didn't hint at much future info, so we should lower our expectations to something along the lines of what we got last month's release.

Years
    This month they didn't hint at much future info, so we should lower our expectations to something along the lines of what we got last month's release.

Any information is good information tbh. Whatever they come out with, I'll be excited about it. They'd have to do some pretty drastic stuff to screw this game up for me, Hoenn being my favorite region by far. Even if we don't get much in July, that could mean an even bigger release for August!

Years
    Any information is good information tbh. Whatever they come out with, I'll be excited about it. They'd have to do some pretty drastic stuff to screw this game up for me, Hoenn being my favorite region by far. Even if we don't get much in July, that could mean an even bigger release for August!

Eh, they don't work like that either. Sometimes we get two, or even three months in a row without much info. So right now I'm keeping my hope for the rest of the issues down.
    The region is my favorite too, but I'll like to see what else they've added to it. I hope that they make it even better :D !

Years
    During that week around like June 12, we got so much information in such a short amount of time, and right now it feels like that load of reveals was months ago when in reality it was a mere two weeks ago. D: Sootopolis is bound to look gorgeous, though I am curious to see how the entrance looks in the remakes! Hope they show it in a release soon.

Years
    During that week around like June 12, we got so much information in such a short amount of time, and right now it feels like that load of reveals was months ago when in reality it was a mere two weeks ago. D: Sootopolis is bound to look gorgeous, though I am curious to see how the entrance looks in the remakes! Hope they show it in a release soon.

I know what you mean...even during last week it was beginning to feel like it was forever since we got anything.
    It's going to be a grueling 2 weeks and a half...and even then we may not get anything :( (We did have months like those for PtHgSsBWB2W2XY and likely even before those).

Maybe they'll show us underwater. I'll like to see some of Hoenn's caves too. Especially the one leading to Fallarbor as that one had gasses rising up from the heat of Mt. Chimney.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh, I would also like to see Mauville City in particular, since it's like the only city that has been majorly redesigned. Other than, than, maybe see some new areas, and possibly more new Mega's :33

Years
    Oh, I would also like to see Mauville City in particular, since it's like the only city that has been majorly redesigned. Other than, than, maybe see some new areas, and possibly more new Mega's :33

It sort of looks the same beyond the wall...

I hope they reveal the areas behind the clouds if there are any. Also I'm surprised that some people don't realize that some of the new tiny islands were in the originals but weren't added to the original map :/ I still remember some of their shapes from combing the islands for treasure xD.

I expect 1-3 Megas if we get any at all.

Years
    Maybe they'll show us underwater. I'll like to see some of Hoenn's caves too. Especially the one leading to Fallarbor as that one had gasses rising up from the heat of Mt. Chimney.

If the only thing they release in July as far as information goes is a one-minute clip on the player diving into the water, fighting a wild Pokemon underwater, and just showing off the graphics and look of the feature, I'd be completely content. Really anxious to see diving in ORAS, especially because of the design upgrade generation six got. n__n

Years
    I think a clip would mean screenshots in Corocoro if there is one.
    I noticed the caves look somewhat similar to the originals, so underwater while having better graphics will proably look similar to in the originals.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Eh, they don't work like that either. Sometimes we get two, or even three months in a row without much info. So right now I'm keeping my hope for the rest of the issues down.

Yeah, I totally feel you with the "not getting your hopes up for a lot of info" mentality. That's literally the worst, expecting something big and then getting nothing at all.

But I don't think we're going to see such huge information droughts with these games; even if it's not from CoroCoro, I think we can expect some little things to keep us going while we wait for the release of the games. June is almost over, so we have slightly under five months before the big day. Unless they want to keep us completely in the dark about ORAS (which is simply a bad marketing tactic because a lot of fans would lose hype), they don't have a whole lot of time to show us more stuff. For example, if they revealed two Gym Leaders a month, it would still take them four out of the five remaining months to showcase them.

The other thing to consider is, what constitutes as "major" information? These are remakes, so with the exception of the new Mega Evolutions and maybe some new plot devices, we basically know everything about them. Even those who haven't played RSE can watch an in-depth Let's Play or read a Bulbapedia article and know what the games have to offer. So our last CoroCoro had "major" information because it revealed Primal Groudon and Kyogre, and Mega Swampert, Sceptile, and Diancie. At this point, even something like revealing Wally would be considered "minor" because it's technically nothing new. That gives us more opportunity for small updates, but at least they would be more frequent.

I vaguely (because it was so long ago) remember that the Japanese HGSS site would update without notice every so often to showcase a different Johto Gym Leader with their new art. That kind of subtle, "not really new but still new so it's exciting" kind of stuff is what I expect to see from here on out, with maybe one or two "big reveals" leading up to the releases. Granted, if they have more big reveals than that, I wouldn't complain!

Years
    Yeah, I totally feel you with the "not getting your hopes up for a lot of info" mentality. That's literally the worst, expecting something big and then getting nothing at all.

But I don't think we're going to see such huge information droughts with these games; even if it's not from CoroCoro, I think we can expect some little things to keep us going while we wait for the release of the games. June is almost over, so we have slightly under five months before the big day. Unless they want to keep us completely in the dark about ORAS (which is simply a bad marketing tactic because a lot of fans would lose hype), they don't have a whole lot of time to show us more stuff. For example, if they revealed two Gym Leaders a month, it would still take them four out of the five remaining months to showcase them.

The other thing to consider is, what constitutes as "major" information? These are remakes, so with the exception of the new Mega Evolutions and maybe some new plot devices, we basically know everything about them. Even those who haven't played RSE can watch an in-depth Let's Play or read a Bulbapedia article and know what the games have to offer. So our last CoroCoro had "major" information because it revealed Primal Groudon and Kyogre, and Mega Swampert, Sceptile, and Diancie. At this point, even something like revealing Wally would be considered "minor" because it's technically nothing new. That gives us more opportunity for small updates, but at least they would be more frequent.

I vaguely (because it was so long ago) remember that the Japanese HGSS site would update without notice every so often to showcase a different Johto Gym Leader with their new art. That kind of subtle, "not really new but still new so it's exciting" kind of stuff is what I expect to see from here on out, with maybe one or two "big reveals" leading up to the releases. Granted, if they have more big reveals than that, I wouldn't complain!

Good point about the site for HgSs. It seems they're doing something similar to ORAS' US site as I noticed they added additional text. Also I do think that we found out about Sableye's ability from an update on the site, or am I wrong?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Good point about the site for HgSs. It seems they're doing something similar to ORAS' US site as I noticed they added additional text. Also I do think that we found out about Sableye's ability from an update on the site, or am I wrong?

I believe so, actually. They showed a short video revealing it first, but with no real information. Pretty much all of our "hard facts" on Mega Sableye comes from the site at this point. I definitely expect more stuff to be revealed there in due time.

Years
    I believe so, actually. They showed a short video revealing it first, but with no real information. Pretty much all of our "hard facts" on Mega Sableye comes from the site at this point. I definitely expect more stuff to be revealed there in due time.

Like how to get Diancie's stone for example, seeing how the site says to check back for more details in the future. Same goes for the Primal Weather trio rivals' abilities.

Years
    Like how to get Diancie's stone for example, seeing how the site says to check back for more details in the future. Same goes for the Primal Weather trio rivals' abilities.

The location of Diancie's stone may be revealed in a later updated like CoroCoro, but I think the Primal forms will get their abilities announced through the website, as well as the other Mega evolutions who receive new abilities/stat boosts that haven't been released yet. Speaking of, I wonder if they disclose any information on why Diancie was given a Mega in ORAS in July.

Years
    The location of Diancie's stone may be revealed in a later updated like CoroCoro, but I think the Primal forms will get their abilities announced through the website, as well as the other Mega evolutions who receive new abilities/stat boosts that haven't been released yet. Speaking of, I wonder if they disclose any information on why Diancie was given a Mega in ORAS in July.

I don't think they'll really need an explanation for why they're giving it a Mega, unless if it's a special Mega like Primal Reversions are...

Years
    I don't think they'll really need an explanation for why they're giving it a Mega, unless if it's a special Mega like Primal Reversions are...

You missed the point there, it's not why Diancie is getting a Mega evolution, but rather why it's getting one now, and not in a sequel to X and Y or something of that sort, since it does originate in Kalos. That would have made more sense, at least to me, so I'm wondering why it was decided to appear in ORAS. Most likely it's just a way of advertising an event-mon and there's no real significance, but I'm still curious d:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back