• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cosplay

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • AnimeBoston 2011 started today, and I saw someone out in Waltham (near the Boston area) Cosplaying as Bianca (Pokemon B/W) while I was in a car.
    I had to blink a few times, and when I realized it, the traffic light turned green. My mom was like WTF.
    Anybody else seen cosplay in person, whether it be you, or someone else,
    or maybe in a local convention or nearby one>
    Anyways, I'd cosplay as either Junpei Shibayama from Digimon Frontier, or Ed from Dinosaur King if I were not to pick a "mascot-style" outfit.

I'd rather be in a mascot outfit. Preferably as Guilmon from Digimon Tamers.

Bread-Munching Dinosaurs For The Win!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I went to Armageddon Expo in Auckland last year, and there were lots of cosplayers there, both good and bad. I made sure to attend the Cosplay Parade . . . show . . . display . . . thing, though, which is where most of the good ones were.

This year, I plan to go as either Hatsune Mikuo or N.

Also, if you're near Boston . . . WHY IN ARCEUS' NAME ARE YOU NOT THERE!? D:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • If i was going to cosplay i'd want to go as this guy.

Cosplay

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • I went to Armageddon Expo in Auckland last year, and there were lots of cosplayers there, both good and bad. I made sure to attend the Cosplay Parade . . . show . . . display . . . thing, though, which is where most of the good ones were.

This year, I plan to go as either Hatsune Mikuo or N.

Also, if you're near Boston . . . WHY IN ARCEUS' NAME ARE YOU NOT THERE!? D:

To answer your question... I'm not made of money.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • We had an anime con on campus yesterday, in fact. Quite a few cosplayers including several Pokemon trainers (and I was among those trainer cosplayers. Three guess as to what trainer I was.) I do enjoy cosplay quite a bit, and I always participate whenever I get the chance.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • I've cosplayed a few times. Mostly as a loli/maid.

I'm not so sure I can afford an outfit this year, though (Anime Next). Might just go with generic school girl. I'd love to cosplay as a Pokemon trainer, though, and carry around my Pichu plushie. ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Last month I went to MegaCon and cosplayed for the first time there as Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia. I want to hopefully go to MetroCon, but I'm not sure if that'll happen. If it does though, I'll probably end up going as Mithos again, because I really want to find more Symphonia characters before considering another cosplay.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever seen anyone cosplay actually.

I've always thought it was kinda stupid though, so I don't actually want to do try it or anything. lol

Years
  • I've been cosplaying since 2008, but I had never actually went to an anime convention until Ohayocon 2009 (which was at the very end of January). Since then I've been to a total of 15 cons (including ones that I have returned to). My 16th will be Colossalcon, which is coming up in June.
    I've cosplayed to every one of them and have brought at least one new cosplay to each. So as you could probably tell (even with out looking at my intro topic or About Me section on my profile) that cosplay consumes most of my life. XD lol
    I am a huuuge nerd. XD;;

I've been cosplaying since 2008, but I had never actually went to an anime convention until Ohayocon 2009 (which was at the very end of January). Since then I've been to a total of 15 cons (including ones that I have returned to). My 16th will be Colossalcon, which is coming up in June.
    I've cosplayed to every one of them and have brought at least one new cosplay to each. So as you could probably tell (even with out looking at my intro topic or About Me section on my profile) that cosplay consumes most of my life. XD lol
    I am a huuuge nerd. XD;;

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wish I had the money to cosplay. I'm supposed to be going to Anime Expo this summer, then Otakon, but between all that I won't have any money left for cosplay. I've always wanted to though. ;_; My hair is similar to Yui's from K-ON so I guess I would do her even though I'm not too familiar with the series, but I also wanted to do Yuna or Lenne from FF.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • There's like at least 10 conventions a year where I live in my state so I've seen tons of cosplays and know lots of cosplayers. I've never had much interest in cosplaying, myself, though. But if I were to, I'd cosplay as Jericho or Edge.(don't know if anyone will know who they are xD) I also wouldn't mind cosplaying as Piplup while my friend goes as Dawn.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • On the topic of cosplay, does anyone know where to get that Pokémon hat? The one Touko has - the pink, female version. X_X

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
    Years
  • On the topic of cosplay, does anyone know where to get that Pokémon hat? The one Touko has - the pink, female version. X_X

Don't think you can get them anywhere. Unless you can get someone to commission one for you. You can make one by getting a plain white cap and painting it with fabric paint, that's how a lot of the cosplayers do it.^^

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I haven't seen anyone cosplay in person, but I've seen many people cosplay online. (Let's say, I come from a part of Britain where not many people cosplay XD).
    However, I've really wanted to cosplay myself and perhaps go to a con in Birmingham or something. >.> But if I had to, I'd rather cosplay as Haruhi Suzumiya, Yui from K-ON!, Yuri from Angel Beats! or Rukia from Bleach. :)

Years
  • When thinking of cosplays, I'm debating on whether to invest on a Hetalia Japan cosplay or not. I saw a huge number of cosplayers at Anime Festival Asia in Singapore but most were vocaloids. I was also surprised to see G Gundam cosplayers there as well.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Don't think you can get them anywhere. Unless you can get someone to commission one for you. You can make one by getting a plain white cap and painting it with fabric paint, that's how a lot of the cosplayers do it.^^

Really late but, yeah, should I ever decided on the trainer outfit, I'll just paint my own hat. XD The rest of the outfit is simple enough.

nymphidora

Yellow head
    Years
  • I like cosplay. been may and Natsumi.This July I will be medicham and I think I will stick with it. I seem to prefer pokemon over trainers.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I've never been to a convention or anything myself :( I'd love to go one day though. However, that being said, I have seen pictures from people who have gone to conventions and got to see cosplayers. I think my favorite one i've seen thus far was a group of three at anime north who were dressed up like naruto infused guitar hero people. It looked really cool and it was creative.

I don't know how to even go about with costumes, but if I ever did I'd so go as someone from Ace Attorney or as June from 999.

Back