• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Could anyone give me advice on how I play?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    A lot of the time I wonder if I make the right decisions at all when I am playing the online Card Game. Any advice would be nice.

Therefore, I have started streaming my battles to Twitch
    My stream is.
    /littlekirby

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    First of all, make sure you have a good deck
    Second of all, learn from your losses
    That is everything I can tell you.

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
    Pretty much what Andromecorn said.
    The best way to learn is by playing.
    If you haven't done the trainer challenge yet I'd do that and pay attention to what you like and don't like about the pre-made decks (including amount of trainer, energy, item/support cards, how often you draw them, etc.) and keep it in mind when you build your own.
    After you've built your own deck, test it out in battle and tweak it as you see fit to best handle other peoples' decks.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
    ^ What they said above.
    Practicing in the game will help. I just try to battle as much as I can. It's also good to know your deck fully well. That way, you can always vary your strategies depending on what cards you have in play.

Years
    You could learn quite a bit by watching others play. Like TheTopCut's YouTube channel where they post matches they've played constantly.

Alternatively, just keep playing. Practical experience really comes in handy. One tip I personally received when diving back into competitive play a few years back was to was to always play out your hand during casual matches, if for no other reason than that you would familiarize yourself with the risks and benefits of playing a given card at a given time and in a given situation.

Back