• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

COULD THIS BE THE ULTIMATE TEAM????!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

If you have such confidence in your team, it would be nice if you could go through a counters list for us.

Slowbro
    Gengar
    Weezing
    Starmie
    Gyarados
    Aerodactyl
    Dragonite
    Heracross
    Skarmory
    Donphan
    Blissey
    Suicune
    Raikou
    Swampert
    Breloom
    Salamence
    Metagross
    Jirachi
    Infernape
    Bronzong
    Garchomp
    Lucario
    Hippowdon
    Weavile
    Magnezone
    Rhyperior
    Tangrowth
    Electivire
    Togekiss
    Gliscor
    Porygon-Z
    Dusknoir
    Azelf
    Heatran
    Cresselia

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ok...

Here are the counters for that list:

- Note that stealth rock is a given on anyone weak to rock.
    - The spamming-Intimidate strategy would only work if Stealth rock is not laid down.

Slowbro - Gyarados w/ Taunt
    Gengar - Jirachi
    Weezing - Jirachi, Specsmence
    Starmie - Blissey
    Gyarados - Tough one here...I could keep switching in Salamence & gyarados on it to spam intimidate on it...and of course Stealth Rock.

Aerodactyl - Skarmory
    Dragonite - Blissey, Jirachi, & Skarmory for DD variants and Salamence for non-DD variants.

Heracross - Jirachi for Choice Band variants. Gyarados & Salamence for others.

Skarmory - Gyarados w/ Taunt, Salamence, and Electivire.
    Donphan - Gyarados
    Blissey - Gyarados w/ Taunt and Electivire.
    Suicune - Electivire & Gyarados w/ Taunt (most Suicune don't have HP electric unless they're hacked. It's extremely hard for a legendary to get the best hidden power with the right power and type.)

Raikou - Electivire & blissey.
    Swampert - Blissey & maybe good prediction.
    Breloom - Skarmory to whirlwind away subs. Also any super effective attacks can kill it OHKO.

Salamence - My spam-Intimidate strategy on physical variants. Blissey for special variants. Most people don't use mixed sweeper Salamence.

Metagross - Skarmory. Electivire to absorb thunderpunch. Salamence w/ flamethrower.

Jirachi - Earthquake. Skarmory walls it.
    Infernape - Salamence. Maybe Jirachi for Infernapes with low speed IVs.

Bronzong - Gyarados
    Garchomp - Skarmory and Salamence.
    Lucario - Gyarados and Salamence and Skarmory.
    Hippowdon - Gyarados and Salamence.
    Weavile - Gyarados and Skarmory.
    Magnezone - Blissey and Electivire.
    Rhyperior - Skarmory and spamming Intimidate.
    Tangrowth - Skarmory and Salamence.
    Electivire - Electivire
    Togekiss - Electivire
    Gliscor - Gyarados. Skarmory for Taunt-less Gliscors.
    Porygon-z - Blissey and basically anything faster than it.
    Dusknoir - Umm....I don't consider it a threat.
    Azelf - Blissey
    Heatran - Gyarados
    Cresselia - Blissey & maybe Jirachi w/ Uturn? lol

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Don't double post, use edit. Anyways, Both are faser and if they have already powered up lots, blissey will go down.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Don't double post, use edit. Anyways, Both are faser and if they have already powered up lots, blissey will go down.

There's no sane person who would just let these two powerhouses just power up with nasty plot like that. At least not more than one time.

trust me, I had an azelf on my last team and it never got more than one nasty plot in competition.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Even with one nasty plot it would still put a decent dent in blissey. Nothing spectacular, but it would hurt a little. Besides, whoever posted about how the nasty plot azelf could run through the entire team forgot one thing. If blissey came out, you could always switch to a CBsweeper and take out bliss in no time. Then azelf or who could come back out after that physical fainted could power up again and smash the team. There are also six pokemon on a team (duh), not only the two I just mentioned. That is the team's weakness.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Even with one nasty plot it would still put a decent dent in blissey. Nothing spectacular, but it would hurt a little. Besides, whoever posted about how the nasty plot azelf could run through the entire team forgot one thing. If blissey came out, you could always switch to a CBsweeper and take out bliss in no time. Then azelf or who could come back out after that physical fainted could power up again and smash the team. There are also six pokemon on a team (duh), not only the two I just mentioned. That is the team's weakness.

If the opponent decides to kill my Blissey with a physical sweeper. It'll maybe get hit by Sing. If Sing doesn't connect, I'll just switch in a counter to that physical sweeper. You see, the big four of my team (salamence, gyarados, jirachi, and electivire) got each others backs. And in your example, in this case, a Choice Bander, I would just force a lockdown of that pokemon to an undesired move and it'll be forced to switch out.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Forced to switch to something that could KO your current pokemon. It's not like it matters too much anyways...Every team has a weakness, this happens to be yours. That's exactly why there is no such thing as "The Ultimate Team."

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Maybe it's not the perfect team, but it does cover most bases right?

About azelf, most azelfs have Thunderbolt. I can just lure a thunderbolt and have it hit Electivire.

About porygonz, the big 4 pokemon of my team are all faster than it, so it should be easily taken care of?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It is actually a very solid team. Like I said, every team has some kind of kink. If there was an ultimate team wouldn't everyone use it? I actually think your team is quite good. It's like have a team of electric types that cover all the roles. You have a glaring weakness, no other weaknesses that are major or anything. My team would be lucky if it was anywhere close to this. It's that bad. That's why I'm at PC. I'd keep this team.

Back