• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
  • I don't ever think street date has been broken once in the history of a Pokémon game release, until the release of X and Y that is.. though I could be wrong.

I'm afraid you are. It's odd that this is the first generation were people are really talking about it, but it's certainly happened before. I had both Cristal and Heart Gold before they were due.

To assume that is hasn't happened anywhere in the world, for anybody the games up until this point is a little silly

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • #TeamFennekin for the win. I think I'm the few people who like it's evos.

I'm a bit upset the games broke street date. One cause I'm not likely getting games on release date and all of the leaks are too tempting to not look at and two it kind of defeated the purpose of a worldwide release. :/ Now I have an odd feeling we may or may not get another worldwide release again. Or if they do it will be handled easier.

Sir Codin

AwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawd. Less than 24 hours for U.S. AwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawdAwmahgawd

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2013
    Download pokemon 3D and become a pokemon master with me!
    Sadly i cant play x and y anymore because my 6 year old cousin was playing with my 2ds, and he accidently dropped and broke it

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Holy crap man, I'm glad I have a 17 inch monitor. O___O I'm excited too but wow. 24 hours is close though.

Countdown to X and Y: Released Everywhere Now!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Download pokemon 3D and become a pokemon master with me!
    Sadly i cant play x and y anymore because my 6 year old cousin was playing with my 2ds, and he accidently dropped and broke it

take it back might trade you other one just say the screen was crack when you open it. and there warranty with every system.

i knew 2ds might be easier to break as well. you dont have the screen cover it mostly break easier

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Download pokemon 3D and become a pokemon master with me!

Nintendo's 1 year warranty on all products covers manufacturer defects. This is why I bought a GameStop Warranty, because they will cover breakage and drop and stuff.

The 2DS is supposed to be for kids so they DON'T BREAK it.

This would be a good time to apply the D.O.N.'T. System.
    Step 1: Don't
    Step 2: The other letters are just for fun! :15:

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Nintendo's 1 year warranty on all products covers manufacturer defects. This is why I bought a GameStop Warranty, because they will cover breakage and drop and stuff.

The 2DS is supposed to be for kids so they DON'T BREAK it.

This would be a good time to apply the D.O.N.'T. System.
    Step 1: Don't
    Step 2: The other letters are just for fun! :15:

uh it spouse not to break because it made for kids but i didnt think they think about kids drop on hard sidewalk or the floor in there house. kids drop stuff easy. some kids dont understand you break it might not get other one

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I feel for you...so close to release and only to have the device break >_<.

I'm picking Fennekin! May name it Kurama if male. Haven't thought of a name for it if female...maybe keep Kurama either way.
    less than 14 hours to go...and I'm doubting I'll be able to get the game tomorrow...

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • aaaaaaand the Netherlands break the rules too. It's only half a day early but i'll take it.
    Now, i only have to do some schoolwork and then i can lock myself up. Goodby social life, it was nice knowing you.

Just curious what store actualy broke the release date? Still getting mine tommorow morning.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    1 more day :D!!!! Whoever wants to be trading/ battling buddies etc add me my friend code Is in my siggy and the corner of my profile pm me if u have added me :)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    My brother got the game early and he let me mess around a bit to answer the question everyone is waiting for.

Framerate judging tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimeeeee

In the overworld, pretty smooth 30fps. I'm satisfied. Feels more like R/B/G/S in this since there's no significant drops like in the gen 4 games which is good.
    Skating around a bit though I noticed some drops. It gets pretty bad when you skate faster, so I know what to avoid. >_>

In battle, the 3D frame rate is TERRIBLE. I'm talking stuff like 10fps. Now I see why they disabled 3D in the overworld, they didn't wanna set up themselves for an embarrassment.
    In 2D, idle animation are fine, and smooth. Battle scene kicks in and you get noticeable drops.

Overall, better than I expected. Satisfactory at most. Good job, but not so good with the 3D game freak.

Oh, I did notice another huge problem....those god damn jaggies. Jesus christ.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Tomorrow is the day! I can't wait to start this new adventure. I really wish my GameStop was doing a midnight release, I'd actually go. Oh well, tomorrow morning it'll be mine. I'm going with Froakie, because I've loved him since the starters were released months ago. As for Kanto, I am going with Bulbasuar. I love Venasuar, and Mega Venasuar is cool :3

Years
  • I just called and checked in with my local GameStop, and they're opening at 9am (which is an hour early) for those who want to get X and or Y tomorrow, but couldn't make it to the midnight release. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back