• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Create-A-Hero! [Submissions Thread] Week 1: Fire Emblem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Create-a-Hero!

Hello, character designers!

Sorry for the delay, but I hope you guys are ready! The votes are in, and you can now start posting your hero submissions in this thread.

If you are unfamiliar with what this is all about, take a look at the original thread here for the basics of the event and submission examples - even if you were not involved in the voting and discussion phase, you are welcome to join in and create your own hero!

The people have spoken, and the winner of this week's poll is...

The Fire Emblem franchise!

Remember you are creating a Hero, so in this case you'll be creating a playable character and determining its unit type etc. The level of detail is entirely up to you, therefore extensive knowledge of Fire Emblem is not essential!

Notes & Reminders

• Submissions will close on Friday, November 18th - get your heroes in by then!
    • You may create a unit for any game within the franchise.
    • And as always, feel free to contact Juno, Tracer or Nick Wilde if you have any questions or concerns!

CSS courtesy of the beautiful Achromatic.

Years
  • Mostly Finished

Premise and Preface: I have not played many Fire Emblem games and can only name Fates as the most recent, as such I am crafting an entirely new campaign and game entirely from scratch. Much of the game would entrust several key pieces to the main series and keep the same style of gameplay as previous titles.

I don't have much a mind to craft exact numbers, and given my knowledge of other game types and different RPGs, I would advise you take the seriousness of the gameplay with a minor grain of salt, as the Gameplay would obviously differ from my mainstay, which would be a table top game with dice anyway. I hope you enjoy the following story, the characters and ideas and as I'm not such a great artist I hope you can utilize your imagination to craft the characters in your own image of what seems to be heroic or vile.

As a written piece, I feel it reads far better than the actual game itself could be or would be.

The following characters, ideas and names are created by me and not specifically for use in a Fire Emblem game and as such cannot be claimed by Fire Emblem nor Nintendo as such. Further more, as the game doesn't exist the title alone [Brink of Ruin], except the appropriating title Fire Emblem itself, is entirely of my own creation.

If you have the will or ability to sketch or draw any character, standard, or any aspect, feel free to do so, as I own no image but just the credit for the name, weapons, states, and campaign creation; you to can grab at some glory!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I had fun creating the narrative! Enjoy.

Game: Fire Emblem: Brink of Ruin

Difficulty Settings:

Normal Mode: Units are revived after battles. Relationships grow slowest here.

Classic Mode: Units can fall in battle but become incapacitated for three (3) battles and must be treated within this time (gold expenditure) or die. Relationships grow at a moderate rate.

True Mode: Units can die permanently unless revived through the expenditure of gold to save relationships and bonds, but remain disabled for the rest of the game. Expenditure of gold for revival is unjustly high, choose wisely. Relationships grow slightly faster because of this.

Exciting Features:
    Spoiler:

Fire Emblem: Brink of Ruin

The stage is set and the known world of Erisgénia is on the way to destruction. The years of peace much long afforded these lands has long since past and its citizens once more fall into strife. The last of the unification links that have held the loosely veiled peace has come undone; now broken with the passing of the last of the Seven Sages that had bound these nations together in an effort to stem the war tide, army drums beat and forges are fired once more.

The fine thread that had long held trade agreements and ceasefires has since blown away and petty jealousies and rivalries have resurfaced. With the Sages' death, and with no clear directions in fighting and usurpers have surged to the fore, pouncing and striking with opportune timing and to great effect. With several states in turmoil, the major ruling parties have lashed out against each other to grasp what they can for themselves to increase the coin in their pocket and land for expansion. These four major countries vi for control of shrinking resources, land, love, glory and revenge. As the nobilities in some countries are overthrown, others replaced, and honor mocked and ridiculed, these once great nations will bring the very earth to the brink of ruin.

To the Mountainous region of the North, the nation of Castenitia presides. The land of the fair skinned people of the snow. The long ruling monastic class of Castenitian rulers of healing and magic users have been forced into a war that they feel is unjust and unwarranted. As the most able healers in all of Erisgénia, their services are in increasingly high demand. With no allies, and being a neutral party Castenitia has been seen as an enemy to be conquered for it's rich lumber and mineral resources as well as a potential limitless well of healing capability. Due to the harsh cold, the Castenitians have managed to nail breeding down to a science, causing jealousy amongst other nations envious of their venerable steeds. This has forced Castenitia's hand, and they must defend themselves against their attackers utilizing the magicks they have learned throughout the centuries. Their Nation's colour is Royal Blue, their standard is the Star and Crescent Moon.

To the East lies the Principality of Stievvania which is headed by the Yemelyanovich Royal family which is governed and ruled by Prince Kanadov Iveik Yemelyanovich. Stievvania as a country is much a rolling tundra, frosted over by the winds blowing in from the Northern lands. As a government, Stevvenia is very militaristic, focused on manufacturing weapons en masse and values honor and victory above all else. Having rich deposits of irons and other precious metals have led them to victory many times, enabling the mass production of swords and armour by mining the natural mineral deposits located throughout the country. Due to being a frozen wasteland, however, Stievvania lacks the capability to produce food and produce on large scales. Being a hard people Stievvanians rarely trust outsiders and don't enjoy being ridiculed or underestimated, they rarely court themselves with foreigners, whom they often view as 'dirty'. Stievvania's national color is Crimson and their standard is the Anvil. Was the second country to march to war, after the West.

To the West, the Archipelago of Gleihm lays swirled in mist and mystery. Much of what is known of Gleihm and its people was often second hand and often the tale of witches or tattooed barbarians. With so many isles and a fog that hides most of its territory from view, the tribal regions of the Gleihm peoples were the first to surge forth to strike at former allies for past slights. The Gleihm people are pale, possess raven black hair and are often described as two very different species. The women of Gleihm are gaunt and perhaps even a bit skeletal, however their powers in the way of unseen magicks caste a fearsome unknown amongst many soldiers facing them in combat. The men of the Gleihm Archipelago are almost normal in comparison, if not considerably more well fed and muscular than the females. The truth is that no one really knows the extent of their secretive culture, but the ambassadors that have been granted audience within the confines of their palaces describe it as an eerie and unnerving land, overgrown in a fog of gnarled wood and thick moss. The silken attire adorning the women was likened to that of dancers and varied from sheer, wispy spider silk leaving little, if not nothing, to the imagination to near ragged hoods befitting a leper, alluding to something far more sinister was behind the cowl, perhaps. The men wore animal skulls on furs as trophies, scales and claws adorned crowns, the men wore bears and were loud and boisterous. More than a few ambassadors and visitors to the area swore they were little more than filthy heathens. What is fact and fiction begins to bleed together, however, what is most accurate and well agreed upon is that the Archepelego of Gleihm is very wet and covered in thick fog near year round and that they run based upon a tribal caste system. Their colour is blue-green. Their standard features a great wyrm swallowing trees.

Last of the four is the Queendom of Thaoles, to the South. It's an arid place, covered in rolling sand dunes and very little vegetation. Located within the harsh deserts of Erisgénia, the tanned people of Thaoles, used to the sun and sand, are acclimated to such brutal weather giving them thick skin and excellent stamina. There are great rivers that flow through the middle of the Queendom and is a major commodity to the country. Being able to grow massive amounts of grain near the waters enable them to remain within their castles of limestone. Thaoles does, however, have a long and lengthy reputation for being the cruelest of the four countries. Many whisper of tortures deep within their dungeons, sinister plots against the nobility and even stories of traitors being buried alive in coffins beneath the sands. However, during the power struggles from the peace between the four countries have seen them weakened and without a leader. Assassination plots were brought to light and eventually the ruling class was replaced by yet another ruler, King Ariems, whom enjoyed the lofty title of Emperor for a grand total of twenty-three minutes until his crown was ripped from his head, swiftly beheaded and his body kicked 30 metres towards his subjects he was addressing below by his own daughter, no less. Princess Cecelia Omond was instantly promoted to Queen and set her efforts to clamping down her right to rule by executing those most loyal to her father, including her mother. With the crown and title in hand she soon set her sights to conquering the lands of others and was excited to hear of impending war. Ruling through fear and suppression (which has always been the rule of law in Thaoles, so nothing new) she removes obstacles in her way by either killing them or imprisoning them. Her victims also included her fiancé whom her father had promised her to. She bedded her maid instead, who she feels is most loyal. Their standards are Orange and Gold in colour and their symbol is the Asp.

Northland Bonuses:
    Spoiler:

Eastland Bonuses:
    Spoiler:

Westlander Bonuses:
    Spoiler:

Southerner Bonuses:
    Spoiler:

Created Villain (Hero):
    Spoiler:

Story Board:

Act I Evil Found, Discovered:
    Spoiler:

Act II Unity Among Traitors:
    Spoiler:

Act III Dark Knight, No Light in Sight:
    Spoiler:

Act VI Never Ending Turmoil:
    Spoiler:

Act VII Undeath, Unlife, King of Strife:
    Spoiler:

Act VII Epilogue:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Empress Eireena
    Protagonist of Fire Emblem Origins: A Score to Settle
    (Prequel to Fire Emblem Fates/Conquest)
    Create-A-Hero! [Submissions Thread] Week 1: Fire Emblem!

Notable Relationships -- Mother of Arete; Grandmother of Azura; Daughter of Poseidon
    Hails from Kingdom of Titania -- located off the shores Hoshido at the depth of the sea.
    Unit Type-- Nereid Virtuoso
    Base Stats:

HP---Str---Mag---Skl--Spd---Lck---Def---Res---Mov
    23----9-------6------2-----14-----4-----15-----10-----8

Weapons:tbd
    Attacks:tbd
    Skills:tbd

Biography​
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Status