• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create A Pokemon (New Thread)

FluorescentMunchlax

(aka Joltiikk)
Years
  • The old thread of this was unfortunately closed because it became inactive, so I was told my the mods to create a new one instead of trying to revive the old one, so here it is.

This game is a very fun one if played by the rules, and allows for some pretty amazing sprites to be made. How it works is someone starts off with a line or shape, then everyone takes turns to add a minor change to it until we have a completed sprite, when this happens we start a new one. Repeat.

Rules:
    Spoiler:

Now without further ado, here is the starting sprite for you all to start work on :)
    View attachment 72195

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This looks like fun! The original looks like a waist, but I thought I'd take it in a different direction:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Give the poor vase a chance, guys. Making her symmetrical almost broke her.

To the preservation of vases who have faces!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I think the vase illusion is just about shattered by now. Also this looks like quite an unhappy Pokemon.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Some extra detail on the hands and tentacles...

By the way, that mouth has become smaller in favour of what seems like a large moustache. Hopefully this slug-vase won't be so depressed anymore.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024

Gave some much needed love to that beaver tail end side, so it's actually recognizable. As a shell, no less! :D Hope I didn't add too much to the design.

So.. who will be the brave soul to bring color to our vase-snail?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Not yet, I say!

I believe we should restrict the colouring for a few more rounds, because often premature colouring spoils a great concept. Seriously guys, don't stop thinking! Make our snailvase as handsome as possible first!

A larger head accomodates larger eyes, don't you think? They're just empty sockets as of now, but anyone can go there and give realistic eyes! I've improved the space for it a bit. A crown-thing also adds detail, and joining the legs with the shell makes our snailvase a true snail! From vase to snail, we've done a lot of effort.

Some things to think about before rushing to colour:

Better hands? Maybe something gooey and grimy, like Grimer's.
    Better head placement? As of now it's more like a placeholder, and you can totally improve upon the moustache and head features.
    Extra details? Something like antennae or spots would help our snailvase.
    Conjointed leg area? As of now it may be clashing with the concept. Perhaps we can remove the upper outline on the legs, and extend them a bit.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I tried to merge the head in a bit more with the body.

Hoenn for the record, it's not fun to change bits of it together and get a Pokemon created by all of us when you're making a list of things to change. :/ The whole point of the project is for all of us to work together and put our own bits and pieces on it, not for you to add multiple big changes at once and then make a list of what everyone else should change. It's off-putting.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Hoenn for the record, it's not fun to change bits of it together and get a Pokemon created by all of us when you're making a list of things to change. :/ The whole point of the project is for all of us to work together and put our own bits and pieces on it, not for you to add multiple big changes at once and then make a list of what everyone else should change. It's off-putting.

I can really see your point there, but believe me, the way this game used to go people were exasperated on ideas on what to do next. There's been a time where there was a feud between multiple images of a sprite and some people complaining on someone stealing off the sprite or making too many changes, and then they're like "idk what to do anymore, you just finished it". It's totally not compulsory, if that's what you're asking!

He really needed some glittery eyes... well, they aren't so glittery yet, but I daresay they will when we splash those colours!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Now the legs are more gooey and less tentacle-y. I am not the master of goo so they could use some tweaks.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    A bit more smoothing out.

Dunno what we're gonna colour this thing, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think the hands and mouth could use a bit more detail before coloring if you'd rather do that :) I don't like the idea of it bouncing back and forth between two people which is why I'm sitting back until someone else posts haha.

Back