• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create A Pokemon Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
  • OK! I'M SICK OF EVERYBODY MENTIONING LIGHT-TYPE AND LEAVING OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POKEMON TO HAVE IN THERE!!! AMPHAROS!!!!! I mean come on! It's the lighthouse Pokemon for pete's sake!

I still like my idea of Vortex Type, but since most people overlooked it, I'm coming up with a different type:

The Fear Type

The Fear type would follow the following rules.

All Fear types will have the ability intimidate.

Fear types must be either large, pseudo legendary, or have an intimidating nature.

Fear type will do good damage to Normal, Fighting, Steel, Rock, Ground, and Fire types.

Fear type will do bad damage against Electric, Bug, and Psychic types.

Fear type will do no damage to Dark Type.

The following Pokemon will be the Fear type:

Gengar (Ghost/Fear)

Gyarados (Water/Fear)

Feraligatr (Water/Fear)

Scizor (Fear/Steel)

Houndoom (Fire/Fear)

Misdreavus (Fear)

Tyrannitar (Rock/Fear)

Blaziken (Fire/Fear)

Mighteyna (Fear)

Sharpedo (Water/Fear)

Relicanth (Water/Fear)

Wailord (Water/Fear)

Glalie (Ice/Fear)

Frosslass (Ice/Fear)

Giratina (Dragon/Fear)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Which type is Digital too similar too?
    This is going to seem wayward from my original post; but in the case of digital, there are simply too few Pokemon it could apply to, to be viable in a game. As for similarities, it depends somewhat on what its specific attributes would actually be, but it strikes me as a cross of electric and normal. If such Pokemon could also phase out of physical form, you've got ghost-type attributes too, which might actually make it worthwhile, but only if there are a lot more Pokemon made to which the digital type could be applied.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    This is going to seem wayward from my original post; but in the case of digital, there are simply too few Pokemon it could apply to, to be viable in a game.

I have ideas for 15 different Digital-type Pokemon, not including the Porygons, and not including the ideas I had but then rejected. And that's just me in my spare time, not a group of professional designers. So I'm sure there are plenty of Pokemon that could be created with the Digital type.

As for similarities, it depends somewhat on what its specific attributes would actually be, but it strikes me as a cross of electric and normal.

Electric Pokemon rely on manipulation of electricity to attack their opponents. Digital Pokemon would rely on the manipulation of digital/electronic signals to defeat their opponents. Big difference. I've no idea what it has to do with Normal, except for the fact that the Porygons are Normal-type, and they're only there because they don't fit anywhere else at the moment.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again: cosmic type.

The Clefairy family, the Starmie family, Solrock, Lunatone, the Metagross family, Deoxys, and Cresselia can all be retyped into it (overwriting their psychic typing)

Attacks like Moonlight, Morning sun, Meteor Mash, Lunar Dance, metronome, can be re-typed into cosmic type as well. :P
    I think that is an awesome idea, I think Nintendo should definately consider putting that type in escapecially since you have already listed perfect candidates of 'cosmic' pokemon.

What about a Light type? They could be super effective against dark types
    Yeah that has been considered for a long time escpecially during Gen II, since it has been ages since the start of Gen II I think the chances of it being created are slim, but it is a good idea though.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • What about a Light type? They could be super effective against dark types
    if this happens i will cry. if they are going to make light super effective against dark, than dark has to be super effective against light. setting light to be stronger than dark is too justicey and imo, is silly...
    @ChrisTom wats with vortex type? how is it any differant to psychic? and why is it so OP! its super effective to 6 types and immune to special attacks? also normal is meant to be a type which only has one weakness and no specialty.
    though its a fun idea, if it was actually implemented in the next game, it would probably ruin it.
    i think pokemon should just stick with its types that it has.
    though i always thought... there should be a pokemon that is a fire and water type so it could do steam attacks, like a water attack that can also burn.

Last edited:

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • OK! I'M SICK OF EVERYBODY MENTIONING LIGHT-TYPE AND LEAVING OUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POKEMON TO HAVE IN THERE!!! AMPHAROS!!!!! I mean come on! It's the lighthouse Pokemon for pete's sake!

I still like my idea of Vortex Type, but since most people overlooked it, I'm coming up with a different type:

The Fear Type

The Fear type would follow the following rules.

All Fear types will have the ability intimidate.

Fear types must be either large, pseudo legendary, or have an intimidating nature.

Fear type will do good damage to Normal, Fighting, Steel, Rock, Ground, and Fire types.

Fear type will do bad damage against Electric, Bug, and Psychic types.

Fear type will do no damage to Dark Type.

The following Pokemon will be the Fear type:

Gengar (Ghost/Fear)

Gyarados (Water/Fear)

Feraligatr (Water/Fear)

Scizor (Fear/Steel)

Houndoom (Fire/Fear)

Misdreavus (Fear)

Tyrannitar (Rock/Fear)

Blaziken (Fire/Fear)

Mighteyna (Fear)

Sharpedo (Water/Fear)

Relicanth (Water/Fear)

Wailord (Water/Fear)

Glalie (Ice/Fear)

Frosslass (Ice/Fear)

Giratina (Dragon/Fear)

Uh... isn't that just the Dark type with changed statistics?

~Prof. W.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • Easy, shadow type, I loved the shadow, pokemons :P, or something crazy like, demon pokemons that would CRUCH the anime :P

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • I was thinking about new types the other day, I had an idea for one and my eyes kinda brightened up when I thought of it, but I'm not sure what it was now...

In all honesty I'm kinda tired with the "Light Type" thing, having a "Light and Dark" in EVERY SERIES EVER just gets a bit dull y'know? I'd love for someone to come up with a more interesting sounding type that works.

Cosmic is an idea I really liked, and I'm pretty sure I'd thought of something similar once.
    As is Digital

Dragon is a very rare type that is barely used, probably because it's meant to be powerful and elusive, and Digital could be a bit like that. I mean it would probably be able to manipulate all kinds of weird things, that kind of power's gotta be elusive anyway.

Time to throw out some ideas:
    Time Type (hahaha), Heart Type (would probably increase in attack power depending on its connection to the trainer. Pokémon like Gardevoir could use this, and they'd probably be quite weak to start off with but very capable when happiness reaches the top)

I also think "Magic Type" would be cool, it could encompass loads of really crazy moves.
    But realistically I think Pokémon's quite well balanced as is (kinda wish Elec had more weaknesses) and I doubt we'll ever see new types in the series.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
  • I really like the ideas of a Light-type and a Cosmic-type, but since they've already been mentioned, here are other ideas I've had, which I approve of :P:

Skull-type –
    Biologically, Skull-type Pokémon would be mammal-like Pokémon who have outer skeletons, whether partial, or complete…

Skull-types would have good attacking stats (both), but undesirable HP; their attacks would consist of using their outer skeletons to hit their foe (think bone club, bonemerang, and skull bash)

Type-enhancing Item: Milk (not necessarily MooMooMilk, but that could work too I guess)

Offensively:
    Strong vs: Dark, Dragon
    Weak vs: Fighting, Steel

Defensively:
    Resistant to: Dark, Steel
    Weak to: Fighting, Flying

Pokémon who could be Skull-type are:
    Cubone line (subtype)
    Houndour line (trade for Dark)
    Duskull line (subtype)
    Cranidos line (subtype)
    Glalie (subtype)
    Bagon and Shelgon (subtype (before becoming half-flying)​

Fungi-type –
    Biologically, a Fungi-type would be any Pokémon reminiscing of a fungus… (really, fungi are a completely different kingdom for pete's sake… just give them their own type!)

Fungi-types would have good special stats, but low physical stats mostly, attacks would be mostly similar to Grass and Psychic…
    Attacks that should change include: Spore
    A new major status, Shroomy, would incapacitate the Pokémon during the fight (like sleep), but would cause health reduction outside of battle (like poison), however, not every Fungi Pokémon will have access to a move that causes it

Type-enhancing Item: Toadstool

Offensively:
    Strong vs: Bug, Fighting, Grass, Psychic
    Weak vs: Fire, Ice, Rock, Steel

Defensively:
    Resistant to: Dark, Poison, Psychic
    Weak to: Bug, Fire, Ice

Pokémon who could be Fungi type are:
    Paras line (trade for Grass)
    Shroomish line (trade for Grass)
    Ralts-Gardevoir line (subtype)​

ctf_fancore

J-Roll
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I also think "Magic Type" would be cool, it could encompass loads of really crazy moves.
    But realistically I think Pokémon's quite well balanced as is (kinda wish Elec had more weaknesses) and I doubt we'll ever see new types in the series.

Magic type would be just like psychic if you think about it

ctf_fancore

J-Roll
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    it was a good thought the, maybe a mystic type might do better? it would be more of a voodoo/ ancient magic type deal, lol

Benamon

Programmer and fan
    Years
  • I have a few, how about radioactive, plastic or saltwater?
    saltwater could hurt steel types (rust)
    radioactive could hurt nature-based types like grass and normally not-touchable ghost pokemon
    plastic would be weak to fire, but resistant to natural things like ground, water, and grass.

Years
  • I have a few, how about radioactive, plastic or saltwater?
    saltwater could hurt steel types (rust)
    radioactive could hurt nature-based types like grass and normally not-touchable ghost pokemon
    plastic would be weak to fire, but resistant to natural things like ground, water, and grass.
    Hey there Benamon, please make sure you're looking at a thread's last post date before bumping a thread, since anything inactive for more than 30 days is considered dead (and this thread was closing in on 5 and a half years). If there's something you'd like to discuss that's in an older topic like this in the future, feel free to post a new thread instead!

And before I lock this thread, I just want to give props to Hatenko, who came up with this nearly 3 years before X and Y were even announced!
    Fairy I'd say is large enough to get its own type. Mainly includes "cute" pokemon such as Pikachu line, Clefairy/Jigglypuff lines, Togepi, Marill, Snubbull, Plusle/Minun, Bellossom, the cute legends (Mew, Celebi (fairy/grass), Jirachi (fairy/steel), Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin-O (fairy/grass), Chansey line, etc.
    Super Effective to Dark, Fighting, Poison
    Not Very Effective to Ghost, Bug, Rock

Resists Dark, Fighting, Rock
    Harmed by Ghost, Fire

Moves would include Attract, Follow Me, Lovely Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Helping Hand, Screens, and Healing Wish.

CLOSED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back