• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Creating a Vendor with limited items

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Hello, I was wondering if there was a way I could make a vendor (a vendor, not a PokeMart npc, I don't want you selling to him) so that he can only sell you 12 Rare Candies a day. I've been searching around and haven't found any, so I was wondering if anyone else had found a way of doing it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    You can make Pokemarts which you can't sell items to, although that doesn't address the issue with limited items.

Honestly I'm not sure that you can have limited items, because how would you store how many they've sold?

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Yeah, that was my problem. I know how to make the vendor, but I couldn't figure out how to make it so that he only sells so many. You know in the games, those NPCs that only give you an item once? Well, you can only buy from them once? I was kinda looking for an advanced version of that.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Black Temple Guardian is right, it's 12 rare candies( the vendor would only have one item for sale, and could only sell it twelve times) a day, not one item, but twelve of it, it's not:
    rare candy
    rare candy
    Etc., it's rare candy x12

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm half asleep, but just below that on the wiki, you can set multiple items to be given.
    Code:
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POKEBALL,5)
    I've actually never really tried it. idk, have fun with that.

Back