• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating an Interesting Pokemon Battle

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    In my opinion, there are three aspects to creating a Pokemon battle in a fan fiction that contribute to the description and results of the attacks:

1.) Genre- if your doing a comedy, then maybe someone getting zapped by an electric attack would stiffen up and fall over comedically, if your doing something more serious then that person might go into shock and have to be taken to the hospital.

2.) Type of Pokemon- if a new born charmander uses ember on you, you might have a slight burn or second degree at most which isn't very serious. If a Ho-oh hits someone with sacred fire... that person should probably be dead.

3.) Physics- pretty much explains himself.

I'd add surroundings and personality of both pokemon and trainer.

As for the Ho-oh thing, I think that person would cease to exist.

Back