• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cresselia or Darkrai

Who is stronger?

• Cresselia.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Darkrai.

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

raging lion

Veteran Player
Years
  • I have a ques. OK
    Cresselia hunts for Darkrai but Cresselia's almost all attacks will have no effect on darkrai while darkrai's every attack are super effective on cresselia. So if there is a fight between them who would win?

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
  • I imagine Darkrai would, if we're going strictly by game mechanics, although if you're a fan of good triumphing over evil, etc - for the record, I detest that sort of scenario - Cresselia would undoubtedly win.

Years
  • Surely a poll would have been a good idea. Anyway, like you said, Psychic>Dark. Darkrai wins. And looks cooler. Of course many people will argue for Cresselia just for the sake of it so: Cresselia could win if she had attacks that aren't psychic type and is possibly a higher level then darkrai and darkrai has no dark moves. There. Cresselia wins. Hooray. But Darkrai still looks cooler. And was most likely more popular at secondary school. I should probably remove myself from this topic before I go any further with that.

S1d8pink

shaymin fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    well i like cresselia better but i think darkrai would win because it has good attacks

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Darkrai would probably win just because of typing...But I like Cresselia a lot better, so go Cress! =P

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I terms of game mechanics, Darkrai would win. If it was in the anime, you can be sure that Cresselia would win, obviously because evil can never triumph over good under any circumstances. Obviously.

On cool points, Darkrai wins all the way. 2 - 1 to Darkrai for me.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
  • Darkrai would win, obviously, and I do like Darkrai, but I love Cresselia equally *hugs them both* So let's try and keep it peaceful between them, okay?

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • I don't know, who will win, but I think Darkrai is the better battler. Well, I am not very impartial, because I like Darkrai a lot more. It is the cooler one, I like the night and shadows, well nightmares are not very funny they are really bad, but altogether Darkrai is my favorite.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Cresselia makes a killer wall.
    That's debatable. It's not killer, but it's decent. It really lost a lot of strength after Platinum's debut. Pursuit weakness never was a good thing for her. Cresselia is outclassed by a lot of better dual walls, in my opinion.

Strength-wise, Darkrai completely wins, no doubt. It's placed in the Uber tier, which means it's a top notch Pokemon in the entire game. It's ability and potential power is unique, but very threatening nonetheless. It gets an 80 Accuracy sleep inducing move - a high advantage over Hypnosis's 60 Accuracy - and the sleep move is coupled with Darkrai's signature abilty Bad Dreams to score damage every turn. It's got this wow Special Attack stat, which it can use very well. It also gains a sort of gimmicky kind of ability with Swords Dance and Pursuit, but Darkrai pulls off the moveset pretty well, nonetheless. So yeah, Special Attack stat and Swords Dance in it's options can make Darkrai a pretty unpredictable Pokemon, and of course very annoying if used properly.

In a battle together, Darkrai would also win. Not only is it's tier higher than Cresselia's, but it's typing has a huge advantage over Cresselia. Dark type is immune to Cresselia's STABed move, Psychic. Not only that, but Darkrai scores super-effective hits and STAB in one move. To even add more to that, Darkrai has this move called Pursuit in which it can snag Cresselia and hit it at 120 base power on the switch.

Darkrai also wins the coolness points. It's very mysterious, and after watching the movie it really got me loving Darkrai. I love how Darkrai usually has this negative and evil connotation to it, but in the movie it totally contradicts that connotation and Darkrai actually turns out to be the very opposite of what he appeared to be. It's intentions in the game were quite evil, though, and very fitting to it's connotation because it does in fact give out nightmares.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Well I EV trained a Cresselia so it is WAY better then my Darkrai and I have never really been a big fan of Darkrai but Cresselia ROCKS
    Cresselia forever!

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I imagine Darkrai would, if we're going strictly by game mechanics, although if you're a fan of good triumphing over evil, etc - for the record, I detest that sort of scenario - Cresselia would undoubtedly win.

hey darkrai isnt evil! havent you seen teh movie?

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Sorry, Cress, Darkrai's got you beat here. Game mechanics, yeah he wins, but overall I don't see the floating crescent beast taking down the lord of shadows (and to think it only took me half a second to come up with those lame nicknames!)

But overall, I like Darkrai better. I'd never consider using either in-game, though. O_o

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    Sorry Darkrai, you gave me bad dreams one night, your not getting my vote. :P
    Anyways, I love Cresselia alot more, and she's just great. My Cresselias NickName= LunarLove
    :)

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I imagine Darkrai would, if we're going strictly by game mechanics, although if you're a fan of good triumphing over evil, etc - for the record, I detest that sort of scenario - Cresselia would undoubtedly win.

Case closed. You're absolutely correct Kirakishou.

Back