• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cresselia the ball buster...

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Ok, I got cresselia to start playing tag 3 days ago, and now... omg. I have spent over 65 pokeballs on it. Dusk balls, lots of quick balls, few heal balls, ultra balls great balls... I am almost tempted to use my master ball its being that difficult.. Oh yeah, its got one hit point left, AND its asleep!!!! But yet almost every ball i THROW it just breaks RIGHT out of. I barely see it even jiggle. Just throw ball, POP. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, any pointers to add unto trying to catch it?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I did so I used a masterball, my brother wasnt using his so I stole them.

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    LOL

Use a Pokemon with Mean Look and a good Speed stat. A good Crobat works very well. Get HP down to the red then just start throwing Ultra Balls at Cresellia. Soon or later, you'll catch it.

As I said, its life is already at one hp, and its asleep. Lil dorktar doesnt want to stay in a ball. Hence the title I gave it, ball buster. lol

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I just kept searching for her and attacking. Then I found her once more and put her to sleep. The next time I brought a Wobbuffet with me, and proceeded to throw Poke balls until she was caught. XD

Wobbuffet is awesome at legend-catching. =D

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    I COUGHT MINE AT NIGHT TIME (COZ I LIKE TO HUNT POKEMON AT NIGHT) AND WHAT I DID WAS KEEP LEFT AND RIGHT IN VALLEY WINDWORKS AND ROUTE 205 (JUST LIKE IN DOG HUNT IN KANTO) SO WHEN SHES IN MY AREA I USED THE MAX REPEL THEN RUN TROUGH THE GRASS AND WHEN SHE APPEARED I HITTED AND HER HP TURNED TO RED THEN SHE RUNNED AWAY THEN I USED MY METHOD AGAIN TILL SHE COME OUT..... THEN WHEN SHE COMES OUT I THREW ONE DUSK BALL (DUSK BALL IS AWSOME) AND I CAPTURED IT :D.....(I ACTUALLY CAPTURED IT)

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    Firstly, bring a Pokémon with mean look, I used a Golbat which was around level 50. Secondly, if you can, try and use Thunder Wave against it, I find Paralysing a Pokémon first increases its catch rate far more than putting it to sleep. Then simply throw Balls at it until its caught, it took me about 10 Dusk Balls (hunt at night to make it easier). If you really don't want to do all this....use the masterball, the only other Pokémon you may need the masterball for is Mesprit, but you most likely already have that?

Empelt526

Never underestimate Aqua Jet.
    Years
    Cressilia and Emuritt(not sure of english name) were such a hassle!! but i caught them after a while... Cressilia's stats are similar to Umbreon are they not?

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
    I have False Swiped it down to 1 hp using my Scizor, but I haven't caused a status change yet. I should do that next time I encounter it.

Xano

Medallion master
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Just move between jubilife city and route 203 rapidly, until Creselia reaches Route 203 while you're on it. Encounter, then quick ball. before that, you need to master my catching technique which works. In D/P at least. Throw a ball, and on the second you see that energy coming into the ball, press and hold the A button. Hard. Don't break it though. this will greatly improve catch rate if timed properly. I mean, I tried 40 dusk balls on Uxie without this and no catch. I used this, and I caught it on my second ball. Such a great increase in catch rate if used. Trust me. Full health Caterpies garenteed when using this. nO one believes me though.

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
    Quick Balls don't work on Creselia. I used more than 99 Quick Balls on it and all have failed. I'm thinking maybe a Wobbufett/Timer Ball strategy is in order.

Years
    I'd recommend using Crobat with Mean Look and Hypnosis. Keep it from running, then sleep her. Knock her HP down, and sleep her whenever she wakes up. Try this at night, so you can throw Dusk Balls. If she escapes with low HP, use a Quick Ball next encounter. OF course, Mean Look first.

Or just use a Master Ball. That's what I did. =D If you don't have one or don't want to waste one, you could probably find one in the wifi trade forum.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I caught mine with masterball:), I have lots of them I get from the advance generation games.

Here this might work:
    -Hunt her down at night
    -Have a Pokemon use Hypnosis on it
    -Use false swipe
    -Use a dusk ball

Hope it works:).

(Anyone want a Masterball)

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Not always. When the Mean Look pokemon switches out, Mean Look is cancelled, so Cresselia can run again. Just use Hypnosis then False Swipe.

Hybrid Fury

#1 Fan of Misdreavus
    Years
    I'd recommend using Crobat with Mean Look and Hypnosis. Keep it from running, then sleep her. Knock her HP down, and sleep her whenever she wakes up. Try this at night, so you can throw Dusk Balls. If she escapes with low HP, use a Quick Ball next encounter. OF course, Mean Look first.

Or just use a Master Ball. That's what I did. =D If you don't have one or don't want to waste one, you could probably find one in the wifi trade forum.
    My Crobat doesn't know Mean Look. Truth be said, I really don't like the move. I think it's a waste of a move for Crobat. No offense for anyone who likes the move Mean Look. I just don't. I prefer Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag ability.

Years
    Ok, I got cresselia to start playing tag 3 days ago, and now... omg. I have spent over 65 pokeballs on it. Dusk balls, lots of quick balls, few heal balls, ultra balls great balls... I am almost tempted to use my master ball its being that difficult.. Oh yeah, its got one hit point left, AND its asleep!!!! But yet almost every ball i THROW it just breaks RIGHT out of. I barely see it even jiggle. Just throw ball, POP. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, any pointers to add unto trying to catch it?

im in the same position im stuck to and im so tempted to use a masterball eventhough ive got loads i still like to try and catch them properly:D

Years
    That's quite a feat. Kudos to you. It's just not the same for me. I'll catch it sooner or later tho.
    Lol yeah I do have crazy amount of luck in this game. I just checked my friends Cresselia that I'm holding for her while she restarts, and looks like she caved, her is in a master ball lol. It was the same for Mesprit with me, only a few ultra balls after it fell asleep. I didn't realise they were supposed to be hard to catch lol.

Back