• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cries from the Other Side [PG-13] (Sign-Ups Open)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Nakuzami you are accepted.

OOC has been posted, look for it in the main lounge whenever it gets accepted.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I have doubts that it will. We're almost ready to start actually. A friend just was considering joining. I'll have to get back to him. Plus I'm ready for a start.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I was about to wonder how that's possible but then I realized I've done it in the past. XD Maybe you should prod them into posting.

(And we should move this convo to the OOC before we both get marked for spamming XD)

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • (has already posted there) And I'll repeat what I said there to here, you should move the SU sheet to the OOC thread in case someone wants to sign up there.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Done and done, thanks. You can still posts SUs in the main thread but I'm preferring them in the OOC thread now that I've remembered to make it (And Michaela has approved it XD)

Edit: Now then, since I said we would start with eight people, we will do just that. Now really quick, we may have more than eleven (counting me) in this thing. I know it's out of the limit I set myself but we'll see. It depends on if Nokyo-chan and Wind get on. Eeveemaster9 and my friend Sgt Shock said they'd get it to me by today, tomorrow at the latest. So, knowing that, here we go! Oh, about the Pokemon moves and status, you will know those by second post. Please give any particulars through the OOC thread. Otherwise you get what I feel like at the time (as in egg moves or shiny) I won't purposely sabotage though.

Anyway, enough of that! Let's go for it!

(Please follow guidelines of post)

Chapter 1: Spiritual Beckoning

You stand outside, in the finally calm night. All day you have been hit by the strangest of weather. (Take of that what you will). As you try to relax, the sky bursts with light. Something rockets toward you and hits between your feet. A strange creature gets up and stares at you. It holds a piece of paper and remains next to what could be an egg…

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: I'm assuming the creature with the egg is the Pokemon we provided in the SU? if it isn't just tell me and i'll edit my post.

IC:

The power had gone out a few hours ago, and for some reason Odessa just felt like being bombarded by the rain, her room having become very boring since it became too dark to read anymore. She watched as lightning flashed and very small ice pelted her, it didn't hurt though. The rain and hail was finally starting to settle though and she was about to go back inside and fall asleep when the sky burst with light, she was momentarily blinded by the light, when her night-vision returned something had crashed into the grass not ten feet in front of her.

She walked forward towards the place where whatever it was had crashed, and observed a large, blue bird like creature next to what appeared to be a sand-yellow egg. "Alice has apparently climbed down the rabbit hole" she said cautiously, wondering at the craziness of the situation.

OOC: Do we take the note and read it yet or is that part of Chapter 2?

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    (OOC: Got the egg right and you can continue. It's part of chapter 1)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Chapter One:

The clouds that had swiftly come in the morning had parted by the evening as Anthony stood outside, the wind blowing gently against his back as he stared into the horizon, watching the sun lower itself beneath the stretching land. He let out a big sigh as the dark night quickly claimed the sky and the stars twinkled in and out. As the sun fell beneath the horizon, casting the last of its warm light upon the earth, the wind that had blown against Anthony's back had changed direction and was now blowing in his face.

Today had been one of the weirdest days out, the wind changing direction was only the latest occurence that had the hairs on the back of Anthony's neck standing on end, perhaps today was the day that the world ended. He had woken up early in the morning, much earlier that usual to hail pelting his window; hail! and in the middle of summer too! Russia was a cold place, but even in the summer hail was incredibly uncommon. His alarm clock had gone off an hour later and when he got up then, the sun was caught beneath the horizon, and clouds that covered the whole sky. He had worked today too, the other workers fearful for a downpour or forked lightning to strike them. Anthony knew not to worry, it he was to die today by a lightning strike, then that was his fate. Who was he to challenge fate.

They had been hit by rain, but still Anthony worked on, his job was an all weather job and he did not mind working in any weather type. He heard thunder roll over top and lightning shoot across the sky, but none of it worried Anthony, he continued doing his job, working as hard as he could. The wind had also began blowing strongly, then lessening, coming from one direction and then the other, it puzzeled Anthony, but he took minimal notice while the other workers whispered about the end of the world. Anthony believed they were only being dramatic.

But now as night had fallen, the clouds had drifted off, opening up the night sky and all it beauty and wonder. His thought pattern was interrupted as an alien brightness light up the sky, looking much like someone had lit a flare right above him and Anthony had to shut his eyes at the momentary blindness before opening them as the light began to fade. Soon after a lightning bolt shot down from the sky, spearing the earth just a few metres away from where Anthony stood. As he got closer he noticed some sort of yellow bird sitting in the crater, it was fairly large, much larger than any other bird, electricity sparking around its golden yellow wings. It raised its head to him, and Anthony was meet with its piercing eyes. In its beak it held a piece of paper, and beneath its legs, an egg about the same size as an ostriches sat.

Anthony took a couple of steps back, terrified of this massive yellow and black bird arcing electricity around its body. Something like this definately did not live in Russia. With Anthony's step back, the bird stepped forward, raising its massive body and stretching out its magnificent wings. The clouds that had rolled in this morning returned and the bird dropped the letter from its mouth, and let out an ear piercing call that made the tunder over head ruble and lighting pass across the sky as the sound pierced his ears, even with his hands pressed against them. He saw the letter roll towards him, stopping at his feet and opening up. The letter was written in English, so Anthony had difficulty reading it, much less understanding it.

I write these letters... in hopes that anyone can answer my plea. My world... it is dying. The sky has forgotten sunrise. The inhabitants are falling, falling to this strange song and slipping into the most bloodstained of madness. My world is tearing itself apart. If this goes on... both our worlds will die. I can not stop her any longer. By the time you read this I am certain she will have captured or killed me. The creature who carried this to you is a Pokemon. In that egg with it is also a Pokemon. Please, with these two, please fight to protect our worlds. Please... end my sister's life before the Gods raise her up to immortality.

Child of Wishes, Aiko

Anthony read it over and over many times, but the words made no sense to him. It mentioned something about a 'Pokemon', the creature that had brought him the letter and the other creature inside the egg, but Anthony had not heard of such creatures before, it was crazy yet it was staring him in the face. He stood there stunned, as if paralyzed by the bird as rain poured down around him and lightning crackled across the sky.

Last edited:

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • OOC: Ahhhh, thanks!

IC

The blue, bird like creature looked up, and Odessa realized that it had a letter as well as a bell around its neck. Odessa hazarded coming up to get the letter.

I write these letters... in hopes that anyone can answer my plea. My world... it is dying. The sky has forgotten sunrise. The inhabitants are falling, falling to this strange song and slipping into the most bloodstained of madness. My world is tearing itself apart. If this goes on... both our worlds will die. I can not stop her any longer. By the time you read this I am certain she will have captured or killed me. The creature who carried this to you is a Pokemon. In that egg with it is also a Pokemon. Please, with these two, please fight to protect our worlds. Please... end my sister's life before the Gods raise her up to immortality.

It took only a minute for Odessa to get through reading the letter, she looked at the blue, bird like, "So I guess your a Pokemon? And this egg is another Pokemon?" the Articuno gave a small nod. She picked up the egg as the Articuno watched, it was smooth, and very cold, Odessa held it close as if to warm it up. "I wonder what i'm supposed to do" she thought while holding the egg in her hands,"how am I supposed to stop something apparently happening in another world?" she thought.

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay wait, I've screwed you up. The Sandshrew's in the egg and the Legendary isn't. Sorry about that.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Okay wait, I've screwed you up. The Sandshrew's in the egg and the Legendary isn't. Sorry about that.

((OOC: WAIT, WHAT? WHAT...WHAT IS THIS? Is that the same with everyone else? Is the legendary pokemon outside the egg and the normal pokemon inside? What?))

Miharu walked out of the Research Center, by herself this time. Her mother's friend, her aunt she guessed, had decided to stay behind for once. Today was actually a good day. It had been snowy and windy a lot lately, making it harder for the researchers to get to work, but things are always being discovered so they all still had to go to work. Suddenly, there was a burst of light and two pokemon along with a pokemon egg appeared before her. They also had a letter, she blinked.

"Although I can tell that the pokemon are pokemon, I cannot tell what they are," stated Miharu. She looked around to see if anyone was on the streets, but everyone seemed to be inside. She walked into the alley with the pokemon following her, one of them, a blue one, levitating the letter and another, the red one, levitating the egg which was white, pink, and green. Miharu stopped, and turned to study them closely. "I think I might have seen these two pokemon on a relic from the pokemon world, but we have not be able to get significant data on them...All I know is that they come from the Hoenn region. So, why would legendary pokemon come to me?" The red one nodded towards the letter. Miharu grabbed it and opened it, while thinking that the two pokemon were psychic types due to the fact that they could levitate the letter and egg. She read the letter.

Child of Wishes, Aiko

Miharu blinked.

"Letters" means that there are more people who have gotten legendary pokemon and an egg, others that do not know that pokemon exist most likely. Perhaps the odd weather as something to do with the pokemon world's troubles, which is probably also why we are not getting replies from the ones that traveled into the pokemon world, now I know for sure they are dead, she says "these two" but I seem to have three...Why? Is it because I know a bit more about pokemon than anyone else? Or is it because I got lucky? And Aiko is probably dead or captured and wants us to kill her sister before the "gods raise her up to immortality". What does she mean, "raise her up"? Does that mean she was already powerful and gaining allies already? And what is with this "Child of Wishes"?

Miharu sighed, rubbing her forehead. "I have a feeling legendary pokemon red and blue as well as the egg are going to be the death of me."

The blue one chirped happily.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    At last the sky was clear. The child sat out on his rickety balcony, staring blankly up at the sky that twinkled sadly in his eyes. Behind him, the house was already dark, his parents both having gone to bed. Len raised a hand to the air, as if trying to take the moon. It was an exhausting day for him, the power outage being only one issue the quiet boy faced during his day at school. The world is changing, he thought with a sense of apprehension. I don't think it's for the better.

The world abruptly exploded into light. He leapt away reflexively as something flew toward him. As the light dimmed, Len slowly climbed to his feet. A small pink feline-like creature was hovering where he had just been standing. Floating next to it was an egg and a letter. The letter floated, uncurling itself in front of him as the red and auburn egg fell into his arms. He unconsciously cradled it, sensing a feeling of safety. Looking up with some reluctance, he allowed his eyes to scan the letter.

Child of Wishes, Aiko

"Po-Ke-Mon?" The boy sounded out the unfamiliar word and looked at the pink creature, holding up the egg. "You? And this?" The creature nodded, choosing now to fly around the boy as he reread the letter again. Len blinked for a moment. "Someone needs to die," he stated softly. "Before everything gets worse. That girl said that." He was speaking in full, a rare thing. But the creature could tell, he was trying to calm down. The child was trembling. "What... can I do? They will, the worlds will die. What can I do?" The pink feline placed itself on his head, trying to calm him.

"Bad things are coming," the child whispered, overtaken by the urge to go inside. "I'm scared." The Pokemon followed him, unconsciously shutting the door behind it.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    "Haaa-a-ah... Where am I going to find some more money? I need a new bicycle, my old one is getting rusty..."

Rossa had pretty much drained this town dry. Full of idiots... For some reason, she felt uneasy. The sky seemed pretty normal, clear blue, and the sun was about to set soon. She started to walk out of the town, to the grove where she had hid her bicycle. She hated riding her bike where people could see her, because it was old and rusty, and made her look poor. She was most certainly not poor! She continued walking, along the precarious road, on top of a cliff. It was idiotic to have a road right next to a cliff, she thought. Way down at the bottom of the cliff was nothing but endless blue sea... Sigh... She looked out to the sky, to the left. Huh, how interesting...

Something strange was on the horizon... A huge billowing black cloud, flashing nearly constantly. A thundercloud? No, it was more than that. Tornadoes were streaming out of it. A supercell! This was bad. She started running. Running all the way to the grove. Above was nothing but clear blue skies, but she could feel the wind starting to pick up. She ran into the grove... The sun was setting already... Finally she could see her bike. Quickly, quickly, I have to get out of this damn town! But, as she approached her bike, a bolt from the blue appeared. Literally. A huge flash of light struck in front of her, and she was thrown back from the force. She hit a palm tree, and looked around. Boy, it's lucky I wasn't hit... But then, something appeared in the charred ground. It looked like a yellow tiger, but it had thunderclouds on its back, and a lightning bolt tail. This must have caused the bolt from the blue... It looked dangerous... She wanted to run, but she was frozen out of fear.

Even in fear, she could notice that the tiger had something in its mouth. It slowly pranced up to Rossa, and dropped the something. It seemed to be a letter. Rossa was still too petrified to move. What was the tiger going to do? She didn't want to be eaten! Why did it have that letter? The tiger calmly walked away, and laid down, around 20 feet away from her. It doesn't seem interested in me... Maybe I should read the letter. It will probably explain things, like why this tiger has a freaking thundercloud on its back! She slowly, cautiously, crawled over, and picked up the letter. The tiger remained motionless... and the letter was surprisingly dry, although it had puncture holes. It seemed to have taken care of the letter, using only its teeth. She opened the letter, to see what it said...

Child of Wishes, Aiko

Huh? Was this Aiko some sort of crackpot? No... This explained why the tiger was so weird... It was a "Pokemon"... An egg... she looked over at the charred ground, and saw a shiny green/purple egg... So this was a Pokemon egg... She looked around. The tiger Pokemon walked up to her... and stood still. I'm supposed to fight alongside this thing? No, it was too much... she had to be dreaming... Then the tiger shot a tiny jolt of lightning from the cloud on its back. It stung a little. She definitely wasn't dreaming! What was she going to do now...?

(OOC: I don't know if a supercell counts as strange weather... They are pretty rare...)

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    It was getting dark and Waylon still hadn't eaten since breakfast. It was a cold night, but it was clear out so rain wasn't a worry of that. To top that off, he had no place to stay. He walked down the sidewalk looking for a safe looking place he could sleep. Looking tword the ground he saw a five dollar bill on the ground. He stoped dead in the crowd and picked it up with a smile. He started to walk faster and ended up outside a fast food restaurant.

He walked out with a soda in his right hand and a brown bag in the other. As he walked he sipped on the soda walking to a less crowded area. While walking he suddenly turned right, down an alley and then left, going further into the alley. He walked up to a little alcove in the wall to the left and went in. It wasn't big at all, three people standing would be crowded.

He say against the wall and pulled out the burger, but before he could take a single bite a giant flash of light went off and something landed outside of the alcove. Waylon cautiously he looked around the corner to see a huge brown dog with a red and yellow mask and an big egg sitting next to it. He was terrified, until it sat and looked down at its paws.

Waylon looked to and say a piece of paper. He looked up, "May I?" Entei nodded. Waylon picked up the paper and looked it over before reading it, but close to Entei since he seemed nice and harmless:

Child of Wishes, Aiko

He stared clearly emotional over the letter, "P-pokemon????" He looked up realizing. "We have to help. Everything depends on it." Then his stomach growled, "But we can discuss this over some food eh?" He said holding out his burger, "Wanna bite?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kris Kollyns
    Two worlds connect...

-----

I sat on my porch under a tent as I watched the hail and rain. Normally i'd be inisde but it was uncommon to have hail here. The sky was turning a dark-ish gray, either because of the weather or the approaching night. I was about to head back inside, but then I saw a bright green streak across the sky. "A shooting star?" I questioned. That is until the streak reappeared and it was heading straight towards me. I didn't even have time to move before the sky flashed for a split second and there was a little creature standing in front of me.

I jumped backwards a little, shocked. The creature was green and was only about a foot tall. Next to it was a large egg, just slightly smaller than the creature itself. One of the creatures hands was on top of the egg and the other was holding a letter. It held out its tiny hand and I cautiously took the letter. I opened it and began to read:

Child of Wishes, Aiko

"What?" The letter made no sense. Sure I believed in other worlds but...this just seemed so strange. Though I believed it as teh evidence was standing right in front of me. "Sounds like there's humans, that speak english, in this other world." I crouched down and picked up the egg while looking at the creature. "So you're a pokemon?"

The creature's reply was a small, high-pitched, "Cel~ebi!" I stood up and motioned for the creature to come inside. It began to float, furthering my interest, and we disappeared inside.

Last edited:

ComiTurtle

The cake is a lie.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Leon sat in the snow covered sand and watched snowflakes float toward the ground and slowly melt when they landed in the ocean. Today the beach was bare of tourists and his school even had a snow day! A snow day in Florida what a bizarre occurrence thought Leon.

Then suddenly a flash of light occurred above the ocean and blinded him for a second. Then he quickly jumped to his feet and saw something even stranger than the snow, two dolphins burst out of the water with a large yellow egg with a honeycomb pattern and red mark on it between them. The Dolphins were racing toward the shore, their bodies almost all the way out of the water with only their tail fins in the water. Leon was shocked because then he saw a small blue creature with large antenna waddle out of the surf holding a letter which was then placed in front of Leon as he stood dumbfounded. The creature waddled back to the ocean and the dolphins swam towards it and quickly placed the egg on the creature's large antenna. Then waddled back and placed the egg next to the letter, which the creature pushed toward Leon. He picked up the letter, which he felt inclined to do as the strange blue creature seemed to want him to. He opened the letter, which was miraculously dry and began reading.

I write these letters... in hopes that anyone can answer my plea. My world... it is dying. The sky has forgotten sunrise. The inhabitants are falling, falling to this strange song and slipping into the most bloodstained of madness. My world is tearing itself apart. If this goes on... both our worlds will die. I can not stop her any longer. By the time you read this I am certain she will have captured or killed me. The creature who carried this to you is a Pokemon. In that egg with it is also a Pokemon. Please, with these two, please fight to protect our worlds. Please... end my sister's…

Leon stopped reading and skipped to where the letter was signed.

Child of Wishes, Aiko

"Pokemon? Wasn't that a game I played as a kid?" asked Leon to the blue creature. The creature turned it's head in confusion.
    "I don't remember you, but what are you called?" asked Leon.
    "Manaphy!" exclaimed the creature.
    "Well Manaphy if you were not here I would take this as a joke but I guess it is real. So guess I have to go get ready for an adventure." Leon said as Manaphy jumped onto his head making it wet and Leon scooped the egg into his arms and walked to his family's apartment.

Back