• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cries

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Each and every Pokémon in-game have their own, special cry, which is one thing that helps when it comes to distinguishing one from rest. So, of all Pokémon cries, which are you most fond of, and why? Is there any cry in particular you dislike, and if so, why do you not like it? Would you consider changing it, somehow? If you do decide to switch, how would you rather imagine it to sound?

Me--I'm pretty fond of Kricketune's cry. It's loud, lengthy, and very intriguing all around. Not sure if there's anything else that could possibly compare, really. Alongside, I'm also a fan of Togekiss'. Its sound seems very suitable for the Pokémon, if you ask me; Togekiss is cute, hug-able, and so forth, and its cry complements it nicely.

As for which cry I dislike, that would likely have to be Feebas; it's a little too short and soft. Due to similar reason, I also dislike Magikarp's.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Scolipede. Scolipede. Did I say Scolipede? Yeah, Scolipede.

It's so bizarre, it's awesome.

I also like a lot of the classic 8-bit cries, such as Arcanine, Lapras, Dragonite, Steelix, and Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    My favourite cry is Manectric's cry. This cry fits its beastly appearance. :P

My least favourite cry is Gloom's. It sounds nasty and disgusting, as if someone is vomiting. I always turn off the volume every time this thing appears. D:

Years
  • This, is the best thread ever. Just wait for people saying DEELEELEELEELEELEELEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!! xD

My Favorite Cry of a Pokemon is Kricketune cause' just listen to dat cry! DEELEELEELEELEELEELEE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!! I also like Gardevoir's Cry which is just a soft, elegant and Graceful Cry.

My Least Favorite has to be that Screaming Bird, Talonflame. STOP IT. ITS IRRITATING!

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I really love Finneon's cry, it really suits a Water-type Pokemon well. Especially one that's based on a fish.

As for the cries I dislike, I'm looking at Zebstrika. Too loud.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Finneon's cry is actually very pretty; it does seem to suit the Pokémon well! Also agree on Zebstrika; its sound is indeed a bit too loud. It would have been great if it were a little more low, or at least slower.

Years
  • I like a lot of cries, but one of my favorites would have to be Kricketot's, just because it sounds beautiful.

As for a cry I dislike, only one comes to mind, being Electabuzz's. It's just an irritating screech, which I hate to hear.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Spearow's cry is the only one I can think off at the moment, it's one of the few I can recognize, and it's kinda musical.

However.Hands down. Best. Cry. Ever:
    Electabuzz's cry in the anime
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8-pdIIyroM
    (are we allowed to put links to youtube videos?, if not edit my comment, but search "infamious electabuzz cry" on youtube)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Alongside its anime version, I believe its in-game version to be pretty cool, too; seems to fit an electric-type very well, specifically this one.

Years
  • I like Staraptor's cry the most. It's only recently that I've been hearing all the Pokemon cries. Earlier when I used to play on emulators, I would play with the sound off for some reason.

The one I hate the most is Skuntank's cry.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I LOVE Gastrodon's cry. It's by far the best cry by any Pokemon, ever. Everytime I hear it I can't help but smirk. Lumineon, Mismagius, Giratina, Espeon, Kyogre, Togekiss, and Flygon have nice sounding cries too however.

As for cries I don't like... I could easily label pretty much all of the remastered cries in X and Y cries I don't like, as they either sound nothing like they used to or just sound muddier than they used to. But as for specific cries... What's with Raichu sounding like Electabuzz when it used to sound like Pikachu? And Dialga just sounds odd.

Years
  • I think my favourite cry would be Vaporeon's, it's so beautiful :) I also like Chatot's, Caterpie's, Spearow's and for being distinctive I like Paras', Abra's and Mareep's :)

The ones I'm not too keen on would be Nidoking and Gastly's, I find them a wee bit too shrill is all :)

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Jynx, Mewtwo, Lugia and Registeel off the top of my head sound pretty cool.

I kind of dislike Persian's "NYAAAAAHHAAH" cry in X/Y. Before that, it sounded royal and cool, but now it just sounds like someone accidentally stepped on its tail.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Why has no one mentioned Froslass' cry? The nerve, you guys.... :p

Back to the topic at hand, the only cry that actually stuck to me was Froslass. It has a great musical cry, really rivaling Kricketot's cry as well as tying in really well with the whole half ghost, half kimono girl theme. Have a listen:

Perfection

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    Oooh, nice topic. I like Kricketune's cry a lot too, it's one of the most unique out there!
    Gen I: Wigglytuff.
    Gen II: Espeon
    Gen III: Altaria
    Gen IV: Drifloon (too many good ones this gen, I just picked one out of my favorites!)
    Gen V: Lilligant
    Gen VI: Sylveon

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd kind of forgotten about Froslass, but its cry is very nice! It sucks that it's not much of a common Pokémon, though, whether it be in-game or competitive, which could be a major reason as to why some of us aren't precisely familiar with its sound and whatnot.

Also, does Drifloon actually have alternating cries? I had never known about that, haha. That's pretty cool! If this is indeed the case, I believe it would be wise if they had done something similar with other Pokémon as well. In real life, not every single group of animal make the same, exact sound; for some, it's low-pitched, and for others, it's high. If they were to carry this formula into games, I feel it'd help adding more realism.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I loved Sharpedo's pre-XY cry. Fortunately, Manectrc sounds about as nice as ever even post-XY. I really like the low-pitched, succinct and aggressive-sounding cries in general, especially those from the 8-bit era; they just sound so sharp and intimidating. Jolteon/Venomoth is another old favourite.

The cries I dislike come from the likes of Froslass and Sylveon. Although, incidentally, I love both these monsters, the high-pitched whining is quite annoying to hear. Particularly long cries like that of Jynx are quite unbearable too; about the only long cry I like much would be that of Steelix.

Back