• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Critique needed] Winter kill

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    So here's my deck I call "winter kill" which is a grass/water deck.

Pok?mon

Grass

3 Rowlet
    2 Dartrix
    2 Decidueye
    1 Decidueye GX
    3 Bounsweet
    2 Steenee
    3 Tsareena

Water

3 Alolan Sandshrew
    2 Alolan Sandslash
    2 Alolan Vulpix
    1 Alolan Ninetails GX
    3 Snorunt
    2 Glalie
    2 Pyukumuku

Energy

8 Water Energy
    8 Grass Energy
    2 Double Colorless Energy

Trainer

2 nest ball
    3 ultra ball
    3 Professor Kukui
    3 Hala
    3 Energy Retrieval
    3 Mallow
    2 Aqua Patch
    2 Pok?mon Ranger (literally the only non-SM card here)

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    You have far too many lines of evolution (things like Glalie are completely pointless here) and far too many energy cards.

Decidueye GX is virtually unplayable without either Forest or Rare Candy and the regular Decidueye is straight up unplayable.

Grass

4 Rowlet
    3 Dartrix
    4 Decidueye GX

Water

3 Alolan Vulpix
    3 Alolan Ninetails GX

Colourless

2x Tauros GX

Lightning:

1x Tapu Koko Promo

Energy

5 Grass Energy
    4 Double Colorless Energy

Trainer

4 Professor Sycamore
    4 nest ball
    4 ultra ball
    2 Professor Kukui
    3 Hala
    2 Special Charge
    3 Mallow
    4x Rare Candy
    3x Max Potion
    3 Choice Band

I'm not sure of numbers but that's more what you want to aim for. You only use Alolan Ninetales in a Decidueye build to bench snipe, same reason you use Koko (hits everything for 20) then you lay down damage with Decidueye GX via its ability. Tauros GX is essential as it gives you a hard target to hide behind that your opponent will not damage.

You limit yourself so so much by trying to only play SM> cards and you'll have a hard time facing down even semi competent opponents with semi decent decks simply because you have no way to get past basic staples like Lysandre. I put Sycamore in your list and I know its not SM but if you can make an exception for Ranger then you can make an exception for a good card

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    You have far too many lines of evolution (things like Glalie are completely pointless here) and far too many energy cards.

Decidueye GX is virtually unplayable without either Forest or Rare Candy and the regular Decidueye is straight up unplayable.

I'm not sure of numbers but that's more what you want to aim for. You only use Alolan Ninetales in a Decidueye build to bench snipe, same reason you use Koko (hits everything for 20) then you lay down damage with Decidueye GX via its ability. Tauros GX is essential as it gives you a hard target to hide behind that your opponent will not damage.

You limit yourself so so much by trying to only play SM> cards and you'll have a hard time facing down even semi competent opponents with semi decent decks simply because you have no way to get past basic staples like Lysandre. I put Sycamore in your list and I know its not SM but if you can make an exception for Ranger then you can make an exception for a good card

The thing is, I want the deck to avoid the set ban for as long as possible, also Decidueye GX is really expensive, and I choose to play budget

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    The thing is, I want the deck to avoid the set ban for as long as possible, also Decidueye GX is really expensive, and I choose to play budget

then i dunno what critique you're looking for. If you won't invest in $2 worth of professor sycamores and a few competitively viable cards then all I can say to you is good luck buddy

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    then i dunno what critique you're looking for. If you won't invest in $2 worth of professor sycamores and a few competitively viable cards then all I can say to you is good luck buddy

I have the Sycamore cards, it's Decidueye GX that costs a bit much, what about a Tapu Koko GX deck? I have 4 of them, also can I use ANY print of double colorless?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I have the Sycamore cards, it's Decidueye GX that costs a bit much, what about a Tapu Koko GX deck? I have 4 of them, also can I use ANY print of double colorless?

Yeah Koko GX is really viable, I'll throw you a quick list together if you want?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    4x Tapu Koko GX
    2x Carbink (Energy Keeper, from fates collide)
    1x Rayquaza (guardians rising)
    2x Voltorb (Evolutions)
    2x ELectrode (Evolutions)
    1x Tapu Koko Promo
    1x Alolan Vulpix

4x Ultra Ball
    4x Max Potion
    4x Aether Paradise stadium
    3x Choice Band
    2x Energy Retrieval
    2x Rescue Stretcher
    2x Field Blower
    1x Energy Recycler

3x Sycamore
    3x Hala
    2x Mallow

8x Lightning
    2x DCE

It's a really lose list and i havent made sure its 60 but theres a rough idea there

edit: just done a quick count and theres 53 there. THat gives you 7 slots to play with.

Back