• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Critique on Attempted Fakemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2018
    Hello!

So recently I have decided to focus more of my attention into trying to learn the Sugimori style, as I found a stash of fakemon drawings I made a few years ago, and want to get better at redrawing them. I've watched a few tutorials, but i figured the best way to learn it was by experiance and critique from fellow artists.

pWMoxpK.png

Any critique will be appreciated, so please let me know what i should better improve on while i try my next drawing. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! Thanks for posting in the Art Studio! Just to let you know, it says in the rules that you must post you actual artwork here - not just link to it from an external site. I'll give you a bit to edit the thread. :)

Years
  • I don't know enough to comment much on the actual art, but you're definitely on the right track I think. Your shading is quite nice too.

The one thing I really do want to commend you on is the actual design of your fakemon. You really hit the sweet spot for "simplistic with a little dash of flare" that most Pokemon designs occupy. A lot of fakemon are either way too simple or far too complex and you've managed to hit just the right amount of complexity for a Pokemon design I think.

CoreBear

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I must agree with gimmepie, the shading is done well and its palette is well chosen. It gives off a smooth feel that I believe Pokemon design's should and usually do show, and it does have that simple yet well thought out design. I'm nobody special but I like it

Back