• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Crustle] VS Amoonguss

Crustle or Amooooonguuusssss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Crustle hands down. I've used one in-game, and I absolutely loved it. Plus a Hermit Crab wasn't something you really think about having for a Pokémon, but when you do it's just so ideal.

Amoonguss, a mushroom was a fairly great idea too. But were the Pokéball hands really necessary? I mean what are they fungus balls? Seriously, I thought the Pokémon would look just fine without it. It would still be less attractive compared to Crustle and even both pre-evolutions of both lines, but it would be better. n_n

Not to mention Crustle has a far better name than Amoonguss. It's simple! If you're not used to talking about Amoonguss it's kind of difficult to remember how many O's and how many S's are used. I'd rather name my pet mushroom Bob.

As for the aspects of both in battling, they're both decent and I'll give Amoonguss that. But I've actually used a Crustle for battling and it was really nice to have on my team. Amoonguss doesn't give me the impression to want to use it, and so by far Crustle got my vote. :B

CRUSTLE FTW

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
DEspite their looks both of them are actually very decent pokemon.

Amoonguss can annoy the hack out of any team with Spore (100% SLEEP MOVE) then giga drain or switch out and back in later to take advantage of regenerator ability. With the release of BW2 its touted as one of the pokemon to watch for in the competitive OU tier

Crustle has one of the best selfboosting moves in Shell Smash, plus its typing is offensively good

going with amoonguss anyways. Such pokemon are always underrated

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Crustle. It looks better, and I had a much better use of it in my Hall of Fame challenge. Foongus was awful. :/ Just...awful. I don't think it beat anything when I did that run. So it was my team's death fodder lol.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
I picked Crustle, because official artwork and it's kind enough not to inflict statuses on my Pokémon. :(

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
gotta go with crustle as it has got better stats like attack, defense, and speed. i also like the design very nice

Years
Nica, if you are reading this...

I can confirm that Crustle wins by 18 votes, pretty big margin.

I knew how awesome this Bug/Rock crab can be! Amoonguss just looked too ugly for me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nica, if you are reading this...

I can confirm that Crustle wins by 18 votes, pretty big margin.

I knew how awesome this Bug/Rock crab can be! Amoonguss just looked too ugly for me.

I certainly am! n_n Funny thing is I was just thinking about the next weekly poll like, a minute after you posted but before I actually saw lmao.

But yeah I'm glad Crustle wins. It's so adorable. :3 Continue posting if you want guys but this thread gets X-Scissored! aka unstickied.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Crustle was an obvious win, it really is a great Pokémon. Amoonguss has its design flaws. :(

Back