• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cry Baby?

Teen Males & Grown Men Crying?

• Total voters

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    Do you think it's right for boys and grown men to cry?
    Everyday at school, you see kids being picked on for crying.
    I, myself have gone through this many of times. I think the harshest remark coming back was, "Just leave him alone, he always cries. Gay kid.." Yea. That really made me feel worse.

So.. what do you think about crying?

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    FireFox113 said:
    No, older men shouldnt cry. Their supposed to be the strong ones...
    Man do I hate stereotyping, =/.

I don't really care, if like, it's all the time, then that's a little too much, even for a girl, O_O.

What scares me is I used to be one, ME, XD. But then again, hard times and such. But to the point, it depends on the person, and it doesn't matter, if girls can cry, can't guys? Think about that...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Of course it's okay for a guy to cry. It doesn't matter if they're a little kid, moody teen or an adult, crying is natural and in no way shows weakness. For me, if I were to be walking down the street and saw a grown man looking like he was having a bad day and crying and whatnot, I would never think less of him because of that.

It seems the stereotype is that girls are the ones who express their emotions more freely whereas guys have to retain the "tough guy" image and be the strong, less emoting ones as I'll call it. XD But in reality, men and women are honestly no different from one another when you reduce them down to their basic stature of ideals and moral values. So for a woman to be able to cry and think nothing of it but to shun a man who cries is ignorant and sadistic.

...Just my quick two cents.

~Kelsey

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I think it's fine to cry but I don't think they should cry for everything like some people, I don't really care anyway.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [SIZE="-7"]It's okay to cry. So what if guys cry? Big deal. If you've never cried once in your life, raise your hand. If there IS one here, I think you're one lucky person, that's all I gotta say. I've cried. Many times. I try to keep it from friends and family as not to worry them, but yeah. I do a lot. Sometimes without a good reason. But that's just a part of my personality. Oh well.[/SIZE]

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I believe everyone has the right to let thir sorrows get the best of them.It just proves girls aren't the only sentimental ones around.Boy and men can have sadness in them too,even if they are supposed to the strong ones in the family.

Tis okay.It's only natural that all humans shed tears of sadness sometime in their lifetime.

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
    Years
    Men cry. Its a natural emotion to express your pain through crying. Its not anti-masculine, infact its MORE masculine to cry. it shows your a real man. I've been there, trust me.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
    men are humas, so are women, I see no reason for men not to cry, feelings exist, as simple as that, but some people have been building and strenghtening the "men shouldn't cry, if they do they're emo babies" stereotype, I've cried many times, and I think it's all right

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I think everyone already took the words right out of my mouth. Crying is natural, and it's alright for anyone, man or woman, kid or adult, fat or slim, dumb or smart, geek or popular to let their emotions flow and let some tears out sometimes.

And it's just sad that some people consider others "gay" cos they cry. I bet my *** that those insulters have cried at least once. If you think that a man in his 30's who cries is "gay", then I must say you too are gay.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No, older men shouldnt cry. Their supposed to be the strong ones...
    Why shouldn't men be allowed to cry? They have got feelings just like women, so why can't they show them, huh? Crying without a reason is a completely different thing, but I don't think women/girls should cry without a reason either -_-

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    This is sexist.

Girls and boys, as stated, and men and women, of all age, etc., have the right to cry. Suppressing your tears makes you explode. If people are going to pick on you for crying, tell them to go shove it. XP ...maybe not.

But I cried a heap last year, and no one gave me crap, because no one saw me anyway.

Back