• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CS vs. SS

Years
    hi, this is my first thread so vote well.
    I'm gonna go to Walmart today and I'm going to buy either the Chaos control deck or the Steel Sentinel deck and i can't decide which one to choose from.
    Please comment.

Years
    I'd personally go for Chaos Control, and then hunt down 3 Tyranitar Prime and put them in instead of the one Tyranitar that comes with the deck, and then go out and acquire some staple supporters and trainers like Bebe's Search, Rare Candy, Broken Time-Space, Pokemon Communication, and Pokemon Collector, and put those in instead of most of the trainers that come with Chaos Control. If my memory serves me, Engineer's Adjustments, Interviewers Questions, Professor Oak's New Theory, and Fisherman are the only trainers in the deck worth considering keeping in.

Years
    HGSS Unleashed has Rare Candy and Interviewer's Questions in it. HGSS has Professor Oak's New Theory, Fisherman, Pokemon Communication, and Pokemon Collector in it. Platinum Rising Rivals has Bebe's Search, as does Diamond and Pearl Secret Wonders, I think, but those sets are harder to find because they're out of print.

Years
    Depends on which Pokemon's prime version you'd rather build a card around, if you're only going to be buying 6 other boosters at first. The trainers/supporters from the two HGSS sets should be easy enough to at least one of get if you buy a total of 10 of each, since the rarest of those is an uncommon.

Honestly both decks' Stage 2s are very energy inefficient.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Neither is good at all. The T-Tar one has 2 Zubats, and that makes it amazing, but the build still isn't that good. If anything, get a Rising Rivals deck. They have usable cards, and they play well. Also, if you can get your hands on special metal energy and Steelix Prime, it's actually an amazing deck with a good build. I say go to league and trade lots. It gives you good stuff <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Out of those two I'm thinking CS as well. It also bears mentioning, if you don't already know, that T-Tar Prime is also in HGSS Unleashed (in addition to the aforementioned cards), so you should definitely try to get a least a couple of those with your boosters. Primes are not as rare as Level X so if you get a few of them you stand at least some chance of pulling one. Definitely don't use the regular T-Tar though. It's got, what, Hyper Beam for 80 and four energy?

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If you want a UL starter, buy the packs first, then decide on what you wanna do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    New information was recently released about the theme decks coming out for undaunted, apparently they will include a lot more pokemon than the previous theme decks and will also include a booster pack, as well as some useful trainers and supporters. From what I hear, they're an extremem improvement from the latest few theme decks. There isn't an official list of cards yet, but it may be worth it to wait until they come out, if you can wait about a month. I would wait if I were you, because the unleashed and hgss theme decks are truly sub-par.

Back