• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Curiosity About LVL100

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    You can redo EVs? I've never heard that before.
    It is possible to redo EVs if you use certain berries to take them off and then earn more. However once you reach level 100, you earn no more experience so you don't earn any more EVs either, unless you use thing like protiens, but you can only use 10 of each on a pokemon.

actually he said you can't once you hit lv. 100 on said pokemon but as for breeding you can get a stronger pokemon than before by passing its Ev'd stats down to the new pokemon you have bred technically making that same pokemon stronger
    Sorry, but EVs don't affect the stats of any offspring a pokemon has at all. A parent only has a chance of passing on IVs to the offspring. IVs are comepletely different than EVs. I'd give more of an explination, but this isn't exactly the thread for it.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    My first and only level 100 trained by myself was a Blastoise from Fire Red. I was a newb back then and only trained my squirlte, so its level was almost 20 above the rest of my team. I beat the e4 with it on FR before trading it to Sapphire, where I ground its levels up using any extra rare candies, and just mainly training as hard as I could (not much e4 grinding.). All of my other lv100's were traded using this site.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
    Never once have I got a level 100 and I've been playing since Red. I just don't have the time nor patience to do it but I'm gonna try in Platinum.

The Amazing Scizor

The Traveller
    Years
    I have had over 50 pokemon at level 100 in all my games - raised naturally, that is. In my . That's a rather conservative estimate, actually. Still, I simply enjoyed raising them and seeing their final, mind-blowingly awesome stats. XD

I stopped doing it in Diamond, actually, because I realized that it was moot when there was an automatic levelling function for wifi.

As for how, beating the Elite is a good method, but only once they are high enough level to handle them all easily. The Elite usually have fairly tough pokemon with decent movesets, so it may be more worth your time to find pokemon with lower level pokemon that you can beat faster.

The best places for raising levels fast were, sadly, removed in Platinum. There were two breeders just north of the breeding town that had Happiny at around level 17. They netted a huge amount of EXP for low-level pokemon and were fairly easy to beat. Another good person to train against was a Cool Trainer on the route with the constant sandstorms on the battle island. (S)he had an Ambipom, Rapidash, and Blissey. Blissey gave nearly 5000 EXP with Lucky Egg, and was not hard for physical attackers to defeat.

In Platinum, there is only one breeder with a Happiny, and the Blissey trainer has a whole-new team. I have yet to find as good a spot for raising yet.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    My first was in pokemon crystal, my Feraligator (sp?). I trained with the E4 a lot- it was a great way to get money, and to get level ups.

Back