• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Curiosity About LVL100

sambo626

Pokemon Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
    I'm very curious as to how so many people have so many level 100 pokemon in general, i only have one and before you all laugh at me and tell me i'm a newb please just explain (if you have the time) how you got your first level 100 and how to get yours now. E.g E4 grinding, trainer grinding and the like. I'm only really asking this about diamond and pearl not the other GBA pokemon games. TY

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I only ever got my pokemon to the high 90s in pokemon red.. really couldnt be bothered in other games..

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I did a lot of E4 grinding, and in Gen I-III the 1.5x trade bonus was a big help as well. My first lvl 100 was a Feraligatr on my gold, and he was followed by a mewtwo and snorlax.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Level 100s, eh?

In Pokemon Yellow, my Pikachu was LVL 100. A lot of Elite-4 Battles did the trick!

*Pikachu was my first LVL 100 Pokemon*

Next was a Typhlosion and a Crobat in Pokemon Crystal.

And a Meganium, Espeon and Steelix in Gold.

Also a Swampert in Sapphire (My first Save)

A Groudon in Ruby

And a Rayquaza and Sceptile in Emerald!

That's all of em... :)

P.S. = You're not noob! You're just... Curious... :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Well firstly, most people here don't have lives so they spend all their free time training. Secondly, if you want to level quickly use a Lucky Egg.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    i had a friend who gave me a lot of 100 lv pokemon and then i started trading:P

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First 3 Non-Rare Candy Glitch Lv.100's:

-Pikachu (Yellow)
    -Articuno (Yellow)
    -Dunsparce (Crystal)

In all 3 Cases, I just Fought E4 Again and Again and again (After my Dunsparce got stronger, I kept fighting Red whenever possible)

In the 3rd and 4th Gen, I started training Lv.100's Galore.

I recently have picked up my Crystal again and started doing the same.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I just E4 grind. Takes me weeks though because I dont have that much time free.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    To be honest, I don't usually bother leveling my Pokémon to 100. On Wi-Fi, you can use level 100 mode, so it's not really necessary. However, all my friend's Pokémon are level 100 (cheats), and I sometimes can't use Wi-Fi against him, so I borrowed his cheat cartridge and got myself loads of Rare Candies :P
    It doesn't affect the Pokémon's stats compared to normal training, so it's not really an unfair advantage. I just don't have enough free time to beat the E4 hundreds of times.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    my first lvl 100 was my typhlosion on pokemon gold. I have at least five lvl100s on all my pokemon games since.

Most of these were indeed gained by E4 grinding but some had large contributions from the VS seeker in FireRed. The best place for me i remember was the sevault canyon and near the mt. ember spa.

But, being directly on-topic, i find the best place for exp. grinding is the elite four and VS. Seeking on the route between the battle area and survival area. I will admit to using the super exp cheat a few times however (9999 exp per wild battle, 14998 for trainer pokemon), for this i go to route 201.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    I keep hearing that once you get to lv. 100 on a pokemon it can not breed though I haven't had a lv. 100 since gold I'm pretty sure its just a myth

the-fox-hero

part timer at the daycare
    Years
    ok now im not saying cheating is good because its clearly not! but if you effort train your pokemon, using rare candies after that is fine.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    ok now im not saying cheating is good because its clearly not! but if you effort train your pokemon, using rare candies after that is fine.
    actually the more EVs you collect on your way to lv. 100 the more is added to that stat at lv. 100 but after all there is a max amount

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    actually the more EVs you collect on your way to lv. 100 the more is added to that stat at lv. 100 but after all there is a max amount

Indeed. You can get a maximum of 510 EV points all up, with 255 maximum in each stat. Once you've hit this, you might as well just candy up.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Indeed. You can get a maximum of 510 EV points all up, with 255 maximum in each stat. Once you've hit this, you might as well just candy up.

*bzzzt!* Wrong.

As of R/S, you can only Max up to two stats. 252 EVs will max out the stats, leaving you six leftover EVs to put into a third stat. However, a Majority of the Pokemon don't work well with 252/252/6 Spreads. Smogon is by far the best place to find out the best EV spreads for each Pokemon (Serebii's Movesets and EV spreads are quite lackluster, to tell the truth, I learned this from first-hand experience)

sambo626

Pokemon Breeder/EV Trainer
    Years
    Wow, i got my one by elite 4 grinding and it was a lvl 100 tyranitar in leafgreen, i traded it to emerald and then to one of my friends to breed, lost my emerald and all my other lvl 100's but still had him so that's how i beat the D/P Elite 4 lol...

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Aside from EV training, my first Level 100 in D/P (excluding Pal Parked Pokes) was an Empoleon. It was level 78 when I first started EV training my first Pokemon, so I slapped an EXP Share. In about 7 EVd Pokemon it was 92. And then I just Rare Candied it. =D

Back