• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current Events

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • ehh...how many candidates were running? I heard that he became the governor-elect when they recalled Gray Davis, but when I heard that, I was thinking, "How did he automatically win the race when one of the candidates were dropped off the ballot?"

meh...I'm not from California, so none of this really will affect me at all...silly Californians are all doomed!

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    <--- Is moving to California. x_x; (Is an idiot? ) I know nothing about politics... u.u

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Well even though I don't live in California, or even the US for that matter, I have been paying attention to what was going on with Arnold. When I first heard that he was running, I thought he must have been losing his mind, actully thinking that he would win, but in the end he did, and I think it was good, cause that means he might even put some of his own money in the economy being the richest male actor and all, and thats good news for California.

pokefreak

proud 2 b a pok?maniac!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    i kind of doubt that he's gonna give money to pay off the deficit. at least, that's what my dad says. there aren't going to be any new taxes, which is a good thing, but there's only so much money you can collect and raise without taxes, especially when dealing with the huge deficit crisis california has.
    *sighs* now we've become the laughingstock of america cause of this recall.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I guess thats pretty true ( the money part of course), but I would think that he would put at least a $1 or 2, to improve California, but who knows anyway, anything is possible...

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Ahnold is really just a talking head. He's got a whole bunch of people behind him who have the real sort of 'power'. He's just got final say with various things...it's not really only up to him to try and improve California. And considering the deficit, well, the entire country is in the hole economically due to your little 'war' with Iraq. The deficit will probably be solved eventually, things like that can't be solved all at once by anyone.

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Well, it can't be solved by a big tax hike. Then everyone is going to get mad and the government/president approval rating will go down.

Well anyway, did anyone see signs of Bush's Approval Rating going up?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Miyu-chan said:
    <--- Is moving to California. x_x; (Is an idiot? ) I know nothing about politics... u.u
    I know you are moving there but I thought you're parents are the ones deciding that. Anyway, there's a lot of people who worship money in California (or you could say worship the devil T.T), but you have to deal with evil anywhere anyways so you'll be fine (hopefully x.X). :P

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Well, can a actor can take a government job so seriously? Well, it will take alot of work for him because he doesn't know that much about governing.
    From what I've heard, Arnold hasn't done anything wrong yet, but he hasn't right either. :P Lol!

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Well, can a actor can take a government job so seriously? Well, it will take alot of work for him because he doesn't know that much about governing.

Thats what I've been saying about Arnold the whole time, seeing how he has no politic expericence and hads never done anything except make movies, but question is, is he going to be the best governer California had, or is he going to mess around.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Haruka said:

that's actually the exact reason why he is elected. He is the only candidate this year who doesn't belong in any political party. Also he's the only one who doesn't have any experience in politics at all.

California tried republicans. Did anything turned out well? not really... what about other parties? nope...

He is the only one who is willing to drop down political powers. He invited members of all Partys to help him in restoring California to its former glory. He will not be prejudice in terms of political ideas from a certain political party. Swarznagger is the best choice in this point of view. What he lacks in political knowledge can be made up with the combined knowledge of all political parties in California.

Also since Swarznagger has no political experience, he is willing and can bring up new changes that is never seen in politics. California tried out all forms of poltical archetype and none of them worked out. So why not try some new ideas? In Britain (or some other European countries around there) there was a very hard case to solve for the police about numerous chain murdering events. It was very terrifying for the people. So the police handed the case over to an university english professor. And immediately she solved the case... trying new viewpoints work wonders sometimes.

Chaskis Sato

Always Chasing the Night.
    Years
  • Well...Jesse Venture was the governor of Minnesota and he did alright, so maybe Arnold Schwartzeneger might too. I don't live in California but he isn't in the news yet so he has to be doing something right...right?

pokefreak

proud 2 b a pok?maniac!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    actually, arnold hasn't been sworn into office yet. he'll be sworn in as soon as they're done counting up all the votes, which will probably sometime in november. so for now, gray davis is still governor of california.

Back