• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Current Generation Five Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    NO ONE IS HATING ON MIJUMARU ANYMORE OK SO STFU ABOUT THAT GOD!!!

cough cough excuse me...

But yeah most are liking it best and picking it so their aint much hate...Pokabu has the most hate atm...because its bacon...cept everyone loves bacon...
    Cool it down buddy? I'm just stating my opinion like everyone else is, take chill pill.

So far from the information from Serebii, it looks like all the starters are going to have the same ability as the previous ones. I'm pretty stoked about knowing what their evolutions are going be.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I think all the starters look great... in their own way. Definitely going to be choosing Pokabu, though. He's such a cute little piggy. :3

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Lol, the starters look so weird, but then again, I also said that to Piplup, Turtwig and especially Chimchar. If I had to choose based on cuteness, I'd probably choose the Grass starter. It might change if their evolved form has been revealed. I'm feeling that the odd (yet cute) water starter will have an awesome final evolution. I don't know about the fire starter. Reminds me of Bidoof due to the colour and Turtwig, due to the stance. Thinking about it, most grass starters walk on all fours (Bulbasaur, Turtwig, Chikorita), so it was weird seeing a fire starter crouch.

Serebii states that the trainers are more older than the previous ones. I can see that, but the girl seems to need a haircut. I don't know, she seems a bit wild with her hair like that. XD Though the pink hat seems to be really random. I don't know, maybe I was just used to seeing main girls to be childish in style (Lyra with that bow on her hat, Dawn with her pink skirt) Although, the main guy seems to be a bit plain compared to the previous protagonist (Compare him to Lucas. xD), I feel like I want to give him a haircut. XDD

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Wow the Zorua Sprite looks really lazy, ive seen plenty of fanmade sprites around that were better! and the things there "standing" on, WTF look at those lines!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
    Hmmmm... The starters don't look as inviting as previous gens... I mean a Pig. Isn't Spoink the pig

English name: Flamoink

And the male hero's head looks like a Kuriboh :(

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Hmmmm... The starters don't look as inviting as previous gens... I mean a Pig. Isn't Spoink the pig
    You're not the only one that thought so:
    Spoiler:

The Red Chain

It would be pretty funny if the water-type starter has a beast final evolution, I hope it does, so everyone can stop hating on it. Poor little dude, you never know.
    Current Generation Five Information Thread

Courtesy of Beachy and DA.
    :pink_tongue:​

To be honest, I think everyone's expectations were set too high for the 5th generation because of the hype that Zoroark brought in.. and that's why you guys are having so many issues with the starters already.

I'm pretty sure that feeling won't last for anyone. They are very new and different from what we normally see Pokemon wise.
    It'll take a bit of time to adjust but I betcha after a few weeks or so everyone will feel fine with all three starters.
    :pink_smile:
    We've had snakes/lizards/geckos before as well just like Tsutaja but I still think they look great.
    They're more complex than their look-a-likes, namely Spoink and Treecko, but it gives a breath of fresh air for me. :3

Something that really irks me about Tsutaja though.. why is it's classification "Grass Snake"?
    It has arms and legs, how is it a snake at all? D:
    You'd think it'd be something like "Grass Lizard" instead...

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Pig fire starter O.o That's weird. The Grass one looks like a Charmander...

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    I'm quite pleased with the new starters, personally.
    I just hope the rest of the region Pokemon are nice as well.

And has anyone besides me noticed how many ppl keep going on about Tsutaga looking like Treeko?
    It looks nothing like Treeko to me. Looks more like some kinda grass alien thing. Which is why I love it.<3

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    And has anyone besides me noticed how many ppl keep going on about Tsutaga looking like Treeko?
    It looks nothing like Treeko to me. Looks more like some kinda grass alien thing. Which is why I love it.<3

I agree. It looks nothing like Treecko. I think it's based off a bird of paradise flower (also called a Strelitzia)

On another note, the city in all the scans is called Hiun City. I don't know a lot of Japanese but dosn't Hiun mean misfortune?

EDIT: A quick googling later has resulted in the discovery that Hiun can also mean fate. So in English it could be Destiny City or a variation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Isn't it funny how they made the backsprites look really low-res just like in the original games?
    Its like a decrease in quality.

Where did you get that image ?
    Anyway. Yeah i also think that the camera will zoom in when you'll be chosing a attack or something.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

I have mixed feelings about the starters so far. They aren't that good, but they're way better than Sinnoh's.

Too true. Sinnoh's were way too animal like. They were basically a blue penguin, a green tortoise and an orange monkey baby orangutan.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    According to Serebii, the next issue of CoroCoro will reveal some more details and screenshots from Black and White, but we'll also find out how to obtain Zorua as well as a new Pokémon being revealed. It should be out by the 15th of June, but leaks are to be expected a few days earlier.

As for the starters we have for this region, it took me some time to really consider them Pokémon starters. I can say that they do indeed have a different look than previous starters, but at the same time it keeps them original. Personally, I like them all, Mijumaru took sometime getting used to, but I'm alright with it now. I can really only make my final judgment on which one I'll be choosing after their final evolutions are showed - which probably won't be until prior to the release of the games.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Okay, I can see the leaks were crazy these days. Time to settle down and make opininons.
    But first ... can't anyone see this :
    tie up some screenies and you'll discover that the sprites move during battling and when it attacks, it won't be just a damn easy animation. The Pokemon DOES charge towards its enemy with stuff like Tackle/Pound/Wing Attack/etc.

And I think I'll keep up the fire tradition started in 2003. I might make two runs, one with Pokabu and one with Tsutaja. Who knows, they both look great ! :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    These clearer screenshots are really making me like this game a lot more. I think it's really cool the way they portray the cities, and how all the characters don't look as "short" as they used to. (even though they really aren't short) Also, Mijumaru's starting to grow on me. I can't wait to see all their evolutions. I'm still pondering whether to go with Pokabu or Tsutaja.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back