• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CurseGar

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Pokémon – 25
    3-2-3-1 Gengar SF-AR41-2 AR16/1 SF-AR
    4 Spiritomb AR
    2 Mr. Mime MT
    2-1 Mewtwo MD-LA
    2-2 Claydol GE
    1 Uxie LA
    1 Azelf LA
    1 Unown G

Supporters – 10
    4 Roseanne's Research
    4 Bebe's Search
    2 Judge

Trainers/Stadiums – 12
    3 Rare Candy
    1 Luxury Ball
    3 Expert Belt
    1 Night Maintenance
    2 Warp Point
    2 Moonlight Stadium

Energy – 13
    3 Call Energy
    1 Warp Energy
    9 Psychic Energy
    Gengar is the main attacker of course, switching into Mr. Mime or Spiritomb after attacking. Mime stalls, Spiritomb locks Trainers and speeds up the evolution process. Mewtwo is there to provide some additional firepower and to block opponent's SP and LV.X Pokemon.

If you make a suggestion, please explain why you took out/put in cards. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    This list isn't so bad, but here's what I would suggest:

+1 gastly, as he helps your trainer lock big time, and +1 Gengar level X for disruption.

I'd probably drop the dusknoir to just a 1-0-1 Dusknoir DP line to limit your opponent's bench.

The biggest issue I see is with the energy, you probably only need to run 11-12 total, so go 4 call and 7-8 psychic instead of 11. Even though you'll have spiritomb active sometimes, pokemon communication is a good search card that I recommend you try out. Hope I helped!

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    This list isn't so bad, but here's what I would suggest:

+1 gastly, as he helps your trainer lock big time, and +1 Gengar level X for disruption.

I'd probably drop the dusknoir to just a 1-0-1 Dusknoir DP line to limit your opponent's bench.

The biggest issue I see is with the energy, you probably only need to run 11-12 total, so go 4 call and 7-8 psychic instead of 11. Even though you'll have spiritomb active sometimes, pokemon communication is a good search card that I recommend you try out. Hope I helped!
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I decided to just drop the Dusknoir all together. 2 Stage 2s was a little too much, and Cursegar does well on his own anyway IMO.

I wasn't entirely sure how much energy to put in. I'm still fairly new, returning from a 6-ish year break. I'll trust you. :P

I also added another Mime in there, but I'm unsure of what other T/S/S to include. As of now, I have 3 empty spaces for extra cards.

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    I think 2 mimes is fine, if anything add a 4th spiritomb. I'm doing a deck analysis episode on cursegar on thurday in my pokemon show (check the link in my signature) and I think that'd be a great resource to check out. Unown Q is another great card for allowing you a quick switch of your tombs and mimes without moonlight in play.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    I think 2 mimes is fine, if anything add a 4th spiritomb. I'm doing a deck analysis episode on cursegar on thurday in my pokemon show (check the link in my signature) and I think that'd be a great resource to check out. Unown Q is another great card for allowing you a quick switch of your tombs and mimes without moonlight in play.
    After checking out your Jumpluff analysis, I sub'd. I'll be looking forward to your CurseGar episode. :P

So you think I should take out a Mime? If so, what would you suggest I replace him with? I was already maxed out on Spiritombs by the way. :)

Do you have any suggestions for my empty T/S/S spaces? I was thinking about 2 Warp Points and a Premier Ball, but I don't know if there are better options out there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    Your list is starting to look really solid.

As before, I'd definitely add in 1 unown Q in spot of the mime, maybe a 2nd uxie, and maybe a single Chatot MD for another good starter.

As far as trainers go, a single pokemon collector might be useful, and the warp points is also an excellent option if they drag your Claydol up. From here I'd start testing your list and see what you like and what you don't like.

Do you play competitively at all? If so, what age group and what area?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    I suggest trying it with and without an Azelf SW, since it's Time Walk power could help you out if you've got a bad start, but I don't think it's really as much of a necessity as Claydol or Uxie.

I'm sure he means azelf LA, but his point is valid. It's a good consistency booster and "lock up" is good in certain situations too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Your list is starting to look really solid.

As before, I'd definitely add in 1 unown Q in spot of the mime, maybe a 2nd uxie, and maybe a single Chatot MD for another good starter.

As far as trainers go, a single pokemon collector might be useful, and the warp points is also an excellent option if they drag your Claydol up. From here I'd start testing your list and see what you like and what you don't like.

Do you play competitively at all? If so, what age group and what area?
    Thanks! That means a lot to me since it's really been a while since I've made a deck, and even then I never really played competitively. I would like to though, since I've only been to a few events when I was younger. I'd be in the Masters age group now (19), and I live in the Lafayette area, so there aren't really many options for me there. I'd have to travel at least an hour, which I guess isn't too horrible, but I'm not sure what the age groups would be like. I wouldn't mind showing up to a group of people around my age rather than 5-7+ years younger.

I will definitely try out your Pokemon and Trainer suggestions! It's mostly just a matter of play-testing on Redshark. I've been playing against myself with a Donphan Prime deck, and so far I'm able to beat the deck 3 times out of 4. It really doesn't compare to actually playing against another person though, even if it is just online.
    I suggest trying it with and without an Azelf SW, since it's Time Walk power could help you out if you've got a bad start, but I don't think it's really as much of a necessity as Claydol or Uxie.
    I didn't really care for Azelf in my other builds. Like you say, he's not as good as Claydol/Uxie, but I'll give him a shot again. There are those times where that one card you need does end up as a Prize!

EDIT: I also meant to ask you guys: is there a good card that can easily discard energy from the opponent? I was thinking that the Mime lock could be further exploited with the use of a good "Energy Removal"-like tech card.

Last edited:
    Back