• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Curt's Fakemon

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
  • Wow, this thread is ancient. Well, I'm going to try to learn some spriting so I don't have to rely on others so much.
    This is the original sprite I had here, and my old Grass type starter. It has been scrapped from my new fakemon list though.

Curt's Fakemon

Conobulb
    Well, the sprite itself wasn't so bad, but the shading and pallet were godawful.

Curt's Fakemon

Conobulb Revamped
    Okay, so I just decided to go back and edit the shading as best I could using the original colors.

Curt's Fakemon

Briobulb
    My attempt at the my new grass starter. Hopefully I don't have to use this sprite in my hack.

Curt's Fakemon

Anobud
    The second evo of the starter. I didn't vary enough on the different shades of yellow, so its hard to tell it's even shaded.

Okay, looking for C+C and tips for getting better. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

u0850913

What, nine thousand?!
    Years
  • I like that we've got another Fakemon spriter here, but it looks a little... Chikorita... -ish. And I dunno about the outline and colours; It looks a bit flat.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
  • Wait, shouldn't you have more sprites, though? If I'm correct, the forum asks for a certain number of sprites (sorry, but I forgot the number ^^; )

It okay, you could say. The lines around the legs bother me the most. They seem a bit jagged. The shading also need work, it looks too flat right now.
    Anyways, I hope to see more! :)

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Lol, yeah it does require four sprites... They can move this if they want, I don't think I'll be adding any for like a week...
    Go ahead and move this, whoever does that sort of thing...

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Well personally i love them -
    but there are a few things
    Curt's Fakemon
    it just - i dont like the concept
    Curt's Fakemon

real improvement here - escpeccially with shape - but not enough shading on head :(

Years
    • Seen today
    They look pretty good, it's just that that Anobud looks really grumpy, and Pokemon aren't supposed to be grumpy unless they're evil. (except Primape, he's cool)

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • @ Ice - I didn't know it made such a difference. My noobiness shows through.

@ 5q - Grumpy? He looks like he is happy and content basking in the sunlight to me.

Back