• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Custom Pokewalker Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    Anything that helps disguise the fact it's a Pokeball which prevents my friends from beating me up is cool. :D

I don't know how much I'll use it, though.

Beating you up? Harsh much? I really hope that was a joke. o_O

Other than that, I agree. I'd prefer to disguise it somehow. My closest friends all know that I like Pokémon and they're cool with that. A lot of others I know like it too. But there's always a few who take it too far. I'd rather not have it come up in an argument as an insult or be mocked by everyone including people I don't know. It's not that I'm embarassed, it's just one of those things that would annoy the crap out of me.

If I customized it into a Pokéball, I'd probably pick a Level Ball. They look awesome. I'm not a fan of Great Balls, Ultra Balls or Master Balls. They're overused and I'm not too keen on the designs and colours.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    Beating you up? Harsh much? I really hope that was a joke. o_O

Other than that, I agree. I'd prefer to disguise it somehow. My closest friends all know that I like Pokémon and they're cool with that. A lot of others I know like it too. But there's always a few who take it too far. I'd rather not have it come up in an argument as an insult or be mocked by everyone including people I don't know. It's not that I'm embarassed, it's just one of those things that would annoy the crap out of me.

If I customized it into a Pokéball, I'd probably pick a Level Ball. They look awesome. I'm not a fan of Great Balls, Ultra Balls or Master Balls. They're overused and I'm not too keen on the designs and colours.

Of course they wouldn't beat me up, but you know what I mean. My two closest friends know I play Pokémon too, but if people at school found out I'd probably be bullied, and I'm not bullied now and don't have any wish to have it start. But, yeah, I agree with you.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Of course they wouldn't beat me up, but you know what I mean. My two closest friends know I play Pokémon too, but if people at school found out I'd probably be bullied, and I'm not bullied now and don't have any wish to have it start. But, yeah, I agree with you.

Sucks that people bully others over little things. But bullies are a reason to have other pokewalker designs. Because surely many fans will get bullied over it, and quite a few will probably get their pokewalker taken off them and thrown away. Because of morons.

Anyway, i think they should release skins that we can put over our pokewalkers.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i think they do have skins for the pokewalker in japan :P .
    and some of my friends play pkmn, we always talk about it.
    though some of my others friends care so much about their image i keep half my true self lying in the shadows,
    i'd hate to see their reaction if they found out i play pkmn, but stuff them :P .

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    There is some kids in my school who completely obsess over it in school and it's pretty much the reason why it's frowned upon. My friends who know I play pretty much say the same thing: It's personal and should be kept quiet, but not secret.

teng23

Nidoking Kicks buttox
    Years
    • HB
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    haha i would totally mod mine into a jigglypuff if i could...haha

Tox

fight me
    Years
    @ Sweet Visions (I tried to quote you but my phone won't let me.): Well, that's a relief. It's actually terrible that people have to hide things that they like with the fear of being bullied. I doubt I'd get bullied over it, though a few people might tease me over it.

Anyway, here's my attempt at a Level Ball.
    Custom Pokewalker Mods

/Fail

I actually really like the Timer Ball and the Moon Ball's designs too. I don't really like Dusk Balls. They are extremely handy though. I caught Lugia with one just for fun. I don't use legendaries but they're fun to battle and have for show.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    You mean paint the front ?

I hope it won't break ... I don't risk it so much . I'm happy with the PokeBall design ! Even though looking like an Ultra Ball would meaan total awesomeness ! Maybe they should release more PokeWalkers or PokeWalker Covers ! Just like the Samsung Corby Mobile Phone ... different colours !

It seems an interesting topic ... I'll search and google and see what I find ! :)

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    I think you could just edit the original cover that is on the Pokewalker.
    I would probably use clay, mudrock or paper mache. Then paint it.
    Either that or get some sticky backed paper and design what you want and then place it onto the Pokewalker.

Also, if you decide to use clay, mudrock or paper mache, best you cover the screen and the other parts of the Pokewalker that you don't want to get ruined.

I'm probably speaking nonsence to some of you but, it does seem like a good idea to me...

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    This is a really awesome idea!
    I wish you could mod it to make it look like a moon ball ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    You could just put tape over the screen, and paint it
    but mods would be sick, i'd do like, a heavy ball or fast ball

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    If it ever happens I dont think maybe they would do skins... it think more or less different pokewalkers (like, you would have to buy a pokewalker that looks like a ultra ball or whatever... not get a skin)...

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Oh man this makes me want to mod mine. I would probably go about it like this:

1. Cover the screen with some masking tape or something, then coat the rest of it with a matte spray coat, probably Testor's Dullcote cuz that's what I have on hand at the moment, so the paint wouldn't stain or get stuck on the plastic, and also make a better painting surface. But I guess you could use a glossy spray rather than matte, since the Pokewalker itself is a bit glossy. Personal preference I suppose.
    2. Paint on the mods, acrylic paints meant for crafts would be best.
    3. Coat that with the same spray stuff to prevent the paint from chipping/wearing off. Dullcote and most other matte finishing sprays come off fairly easily with rubbing alcohol, so if you get tired of the design you have it's not permanent.

I think that would work best imho. But I may be biased since I'm in a hobby (Asian Ball-Jointed Dolls, anyone? anyone...?) that customizes in basically the same way haha. n.n;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back