• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Custom sprite Animations show colored background.

Days
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I was replacing some Pokemon with newer Pokemon in Advanced Series. When entering the sprites for Frame 0 everything works fine.
    Frame 1 however has issues. When mass importing for frame 1 it removes it from frame 0. I decided to import the spritesheet for one sprite.
    It works but the background is visible in game. Is there something I'm missing here. I'm using Gen V and above sprite resources for this.
    Also I guess while I have you here, do any of you know what the animation pointers for the extra animations for Rollout and Ice Ball are?
    If you know the animation pointer for Doom Desire's attack or Razor Wind's attack that would also be very much appreciated.
    Someone should compile all of the animation pointers into a thread. I figure the animation pointer thing wasn't worth making a whole new thread over. Thank you for reading!

Draizehn

Waka Waka, es Drácula el de las conexiones en los
    Years
  • I was replacing some Pokemon with newer Pokemon in Advanced Series. When entering the sprites for Frame 0 everything works fine.
    Frame 1 however has issues. When mass importing for frame 1 it removes it from frame 0. I decided to import the spritesheet for one sprite.
    It works but the background is visible in game. Is there something I'm missing here. I'm using Gen V and above sprite resources for this.

Hello,

It seems to me that the problem is because the sprite is not well indexed.
    Check if it is well indexed, if it is and the error persists, I really wouldn't know how to help you.

Days
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Hello,

It seems to me that the problem is because the sprite is not well indexed.
    Check if it is well indexed, if it is and the error persists, I really wouldn't know how to help you.

I wouldn't even know how to do that. I'm using the resources made by Chaos Rush and others. I got the animation frame to not have the background for Rockruff but I don't know how I did it.

Draizehn

Waka Waka, es Drácula el de las conexiones en los
    Years
  • I wouldn't even know how to do that. I'm using the resources made by Chaos Rush and others. I got the animation frame to not have the background for Rockruff but I don't know how I did it.

Open Character Maker Pro, and in it your sprite (the one that is giving you trouble)
    Once open, check that the background color is the first.
    Custom sprite Animations show colored background.

If not, enter it.
    Custom sprite Animations show colored background.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Please just use hexmaniacadvance. It's much easier, safer (won't break your rom) and handles stuff like this automatically or makes fixing them a 1-click process. Importing all pokemon sprites is a walk in the park
    It even has its own image editor, you don't need "character maker pro"
    It has all animation pointers and many many other pointers in the game already compiled

Back