• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt is the worst of all the Generations

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:
    1) The 4th Gen Pokemon are the most rush and uncreative
    2) The Physical-Special split
    3) The story line with Team Galactic and such was too over the top
    4) The Gym Leaders and E4 were way too easy
    5) The Sinnoh region doesn't have many Water routes

1) I thought they were creative...
    A Steel-fighting type? (Lucario) A Normal-Water type? (Bibarel)
    A pokemon that can change types? (Arceus) & there are other examples of their creavity...

2) WHATCOO TALKING ABOUT, MAN!?!?
    The split was not just great, it was AWESOME!!!
    Gyarados finally have a Water-type move to go off of it's attack!

3) That's what made it interesting!

4) From what I can recall, they were tougher than the Gym leaders & E4 of the other games...

5) Too... many... Magikarps... & Tentacools...
    WE NEED A GREATER VARITY OF WATER-TYPES TO APPEAR 1ST!!!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Let me say this again since it was bottom of the last page. What exactly do people mean by saying Generation 4 was "rushed" How was Froslass "rushed"? Roserade, the Eevee evolution?!

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I honestly believe one of the reasons why 4th gen has been criticized so much is because we've all grown older. The majority of us were fairly young when playing the first and second generation, no? As we've grown older, we've gained a more critical eye. The rest is up to the nostalgia and bias factor that prevents our critical eye from criticizing our preferred games.

Before anyone goes, "BUT PINK CASHMERE I DISLIKE FOURTH GENERATION FOR OTHER REASONS?" Yeah, I get that. So put the gun down and chill. We all have different reasons for liking/disliking games, and I get that. So that's all I'm going to say about that. :/

My only real big complaint about 4th gen was the unbalanced way they handled the evolutions of previous generations. Hey, I know they needed an upgrade so all you competitive battlers could use them, but it was too much for me. It went from, "Omigaaaawsh that Pokemon has an evolution now? :'D" to "Oh goddammit that Pokemon has an evolution now."

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    -No comment, though if you hate Gen 4, your gonna want to murder Gen 5. :P

-I actually liked this. Sorta made battling more strategic

-That's sorta true. xD

-Gotta admit, I really did find the leaders easy, though the E4 was a bit tough, even if I beat it on my first try. xD

-I'm happy for that. Less water routes = less Tentacreuls. xD

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I honestly believe one of the reasons why 4th gen has been criticized so much is because we've all grown older. The majority of us were fairly young when playing the first and second generation, no? As we've grown older, we've gained a more critical eye. The rest is up to the nostalgia and bias factor that prevents our critical eye from criticizing our preferred games.

Before anyone goes, "BUT PINK CASHMERE I DISLIKE FOURTH GENERATION FOR OTHER REASONS?" Yeah, I get that. So put the gun down and chill. We all have different reasons for liking/disliking games, and I get that. So that's all I'm going to say about that. :/

My only real big complaint about 4th gen was the unbalanced way they handled the evolutions of previous generations. Hey, I know they needed an upgrade so all you competitive battlers could use them, but it was too much for me. It went from, "Omigaaaawsh that Pokemon has an evolution now? :'D" to "Oh goddammit that Pokemon has an evolution now."

I found GEN III when I was around 7, it was the first Pokemon game I ever got to play. Then I downloaded roms of Yellow and Crystal. I was young, so I didn't look at them too hard. I played through Crystal again when I was 9 and saw it was truly the holy grail. Then came GEN IV a year later and I still wasn't looking at them that hard. Now I'm thinking critically about them and can see that, yeah, I wasn't playing these games when I was that young. I can still see them for what they are. I can still realize that Ratchet & Clank 1 isn't as good as the later games, but it still does have nostalgia. I don't think nostalgia should cloud our minds from what we're really seeing. GEN III does have nostalgia for me, but I can still see it stinks compared to everything else. And GEN IV doesn't have nostalgia for me and I love it.

Tl;dr version: Nostalgia is BS if it clouds how you feel about games.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay well its been over 6 pages of comments on firing away on this troll. Any idea on when to stop?

Ehh, he didn't seem to really be trolling. If he was, it failed awfully, as people seem to be having a semi-intelligent discussion at this point.

A new strain of intellectual Intertubius trollius, designed to make posters think? Nah, that's too much to ask for.

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    i'm not going to look at the original post.

first off i'm going to say it is the best.
    second of all, why say it when you know you're going to start a freaking flame war.
    and last, hoenn is the worst generation of all. crap pokemon, crap legendaries, crap environment, you get the picture.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I've played pokemon for many years now (Started from Pokemon B/Y/R) and every time the new generation comes out, I love it more than the last, Sure some people may think that the newest pokemon were rushed, But I would like to see you make 493 Unique pokemon. And I love how every new generation is packed full of fun little new features and tools and such.

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I found GEN III when I was around 7, it was the first Pokemon game I ever got to play. Then I downloaded roms of Yellow and Crystal. I was young, so I didn't look at them too hard. I played through Crystal again when I was 9 and saw it was truly the holy grail. Then came GEN IV a year later and I still wasn't looking at them that hard. Now I'm thinking critically about them and can see that, yeah, I wasn't playing these games when I was that young. I can still see them for what they are. I can still realize that Ratchet & Clank 1 isn't as good as the later games, but it still does have nostalgia. I don't think nostalgia should cloud our minds from what we're really seeing. GEN III does have nostalgia for me, but I can still see it stinks compared to everything else. And GEN IV doesn't have nostalgia for me and I love it.

Tl;dr version: Nostalgia is BS if it clouds how you feel about games.
    I said that as a blanket statement. I didn't mean that everyone that loves Gen II are all nostalgia clouded freaks that still sleep with their Totadile push toys at night and hiss at the sight of a GBA or DS. There's plenty or reasons why Johto should be praised, and I won't lie, it's definitely my favorite generation by far for its simple, country charm. But when the improvements in gen. IV are completely disregarded, you know something's up.

And I know that nostalgia isn't the only reason people don't like gen IV. I respect the OP's opinion and hope that maybe he can enjoy the next generation more than IV.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    D/P/Pt was a good generation. But, it leaves something to be desired. If you're not someone who likes Contests and the Battle Frontier (I, myself, included), the game will end abruptly.

I slowly lost interest in Platinum, the same way with Diamond and Pearl, the only thing I was really doing was trying to complete the Pokedex, and that got really boring, real fast.

Years
    This is just my opinion if you disagree state why so.

Reasons DPPt sucked:

1. I might agree somewhere but, example please?
    2. Much more logical if you ask me.
    3. Either the story is boring or it's over the top. Over the top please thx.
    4. Gym leaders maybe. E4 was one of the toughest, right up there with the original R/B/Y E4.
    5. This water percentage stuff is ttly lol. Why are people so picky about how much darn water is in a region? Poor Gamefreak's gotta be like "You want water, you don't want water, make up your mind people."

KajiVenator

The Flame Huntzman
    Years
    Bibarel
    More accurate than Zen Headbutt being a special-type move.
    Well, kind-of. TG was kind of epic though. You're saving the world from destruction by a crazy guy and his group of blindly-loyal minions.
    Not really. In DP, yes. In Pt, no. In DP I beat the E4 at level 45 highest. In Pt I was around level 55 and it was difficult.
    I hate water routes unless I'm training an electric or grass type.

Generation 4 was the DS port of the series which got me hooked on it since, when it first came out, the 3D graphics were awesome to me and my friends. I still go back and play DPPt whenever I feel like opening the 2-year-old can of nostalgia that is my Pokemon Diamond. Although some of the pokemon seem rushed to me, and some downright ugly (Bibarel), I just relax in the fact that I never used them and never will. Pokemon appeals to different people for different reasons. For me, it's the storyline, music, the escape from reality, and fire-type starters.

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
    I myself only hated that there was only 2 fire type pokemon in the game, Chimchar and Ponyta.
    yea yea i know thay evolve but i just hated that Ponyta was the only fire pokemon you can cach intill you beat the E4

but apart from that i dident hate the game, i still love emerald more then D/P/PT

Back