• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P/Pt Solo Challenge

Years
    All these snowy routes were in fact pretty hard, but manageable. Candice's gym was easy, not even the puzzle caused me any problems. Candice herself: Rollout OHKOd Snover, Abomasnow and Sneasel, Medicham detected, but EQ OHKOd. Currently at the beginning of this huge Galactic HQ. Geodude is level 74, same moveset as before.

Years
    I have a question: Does it matter what level the pokemon is at when it's traded over?

Edit:
    Game: Pokemon Pearl
    Pokemon: Aron
    Evolution: Is evolving

Last edited:
    Years
    I think you should trade eggs, but if you want to trade your Aron as an Aron and not as an egg, i think it should be under level 10.

____

Seeing this thread is not dead, i continued on my Geodude run and cleared the Galactic HQ. Guess what is huge, time-consuming, annoying, full of inevitable double battles and comes next?

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
    I would like to participate!
    I'll be buying pokemon diamond sometime in the future.
    I'm going to use a budew, and I will evolve it.
    More to come! ^_^

Uhm... Yeah, sorry, I haven't followed through my plan. O///O;
    However, I AM going to this time, but I will use a Duskull, which I will evolve.

Again, my apologies; I kind of forgot about this.... lol

Oh, and I will be using my Platinum instead. Trading all by *good* pokemon to my brother's game for safekeeping.

Years
    I beat Cyrus on Mt. Coronet now, i even managed not to level up any of the HM Slaves. First i let all of them faint against a random wild Machoke or whatever it was, then all worked more or less well on my way to Spear Pillar, except for Geodude getting badly poisoning by a Golbat which made me having to sacrifice an Antidote.
    Arrived at Spear Pillar, the last grunts told me i should go away because i only have one Pokemon, so i had to use a Revive on my slave Geodude, but instantly killed it with an EQ to prevent it from getting Exp.
    Mars, Jupiter and Cyrus were all pretty easy, but most of Cyrus' Pokemon outspeeded Geodude, so it didn't have too many HP at the end.
    And now i've to fight Palkia, which can easily outspeed and OHKO Geodude with Water Pulse, but can take an EQ (barely, on my first try, i just sent out Starly after Geodude had fainted, which got revived by my rival after Mars/Jupiter, used Quick Attack, and it killed Palkia. But i decided not to save it since it would have ruined the fact that this is a one Pokemon run. I will try again to beat Palkia later on, if it uses Ancient Power twice without getting a boost on the first one, or one Ancient Power and one Dragon Claw, i should be able to beat it. Maybe Geodude (at ~60 HP) can even survive 2 Dragon Claws, but i'm not sure about that...

Years
    Defeated Palkia after some more attempts, Geodude had 7 HP left after 2 Dragon Claws, whew... Luckily, no Golbat spawned on my way back.
    Volkner was quite easy, the only thing that caused me some trouble in his gym was a Bibarel, that could hit first because Geodude was paralyzed, used Water Pulse, confused Geodude and left it with maybe 30 HP, but I got lucky and Geodude could use Brick Break to defeat it. Now I'm somewhere on that water route between Sunnyshore and Victory Road, Geodude is level 81, same moveset as always.
    This isn't really the best place for Geodude, some of the higher Tentacruels can outspeed me, all I have seen being used by them up to now was Poison Jab, but I'm pretty sure they also have Water attacks. And I'm also pretty sure some of the trainers have a Gyarados, which is probably the Pokemon that causes me more trouble than anything else, because of Intimidate of course.

Update: Ok, i managed to pass the water route without too much problems, but now, in Victory Road, i'm having huge problems with PP. All 5 steps, something spawns, and running is a waste of time, so i fight the stuff, but that means i don't get really far, at least not fast. I think i'll first grind to the high 80s (now 84), and then go through Victory Road with repels. Otherwise wild the Floatzels and maybe also the Medichams will screw me up.

Last edited:

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    I have gotten bored after beating the first challenge with Skunktank,so I have decided to do another challenge, this time with Gible.

Pokemon Pearl
    Gible/is evolving

So far I have traded over Gible,I tried to trade an egg,but it hatched before I could get to the Pokemon Center...

Gible is now Level 3...

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Hmm I might do this with a Platinum Rom, my thoughts would be

Growlithe
    Flamer 4.0/ Will Evolve/ Platinum

Oh, and it will be Flamer 4.0 because ever since Pokemon Red I have caught a Growlithe and called him Flamer.

Years
    Youtube says yes, there are people with Ditto only runs there.
    IN FRLG someone got pretty far and already has 8 badges, but didn't defeat the Elite 4 yet. In DPPt the only Ditto only run I found ends after Roark.
    So, Apparently it isn't impossible to beat the game only using a Ditto, so you could try it.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
    Update!

Picked Piplup for a starter, then traded for Gible. Caught Starly and Bidoof for HM slaves. Made my way to Oreburg City and beat Roark.
    Taught Rock Smash to Bidoof.

Defeated Team Galactic at Valley Windworks. Got through Eterna Forest and Gible evolved to Gabite. Beat the Gym,though I had a little trouble with Gabite not obeying...
    Got to Hearthome,recived the stuff you get at the Contest Hall. Saved Here.

-Cool Offtopic fact- Captured a Chingling somewhere, traded to Platinum,and Completed to Pokedex LEGALLY!!!! :classic:

Years
    I'll be posting back in this thread after I beat my Platinum file.

I'll restart and hopefully someone can trade either Charmander, Dragonite, or Absol to me cause those will be on one my choices for the solo-runner.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Game: Diamond (Japanese Version)
    Pokemon: (Mime Jr -> Mr. Mime)
    Evolving: Yes.

Back