• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P starters

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
    I will definately pick Pochama although I usually pick the fire type as the starter, Pochama really appealed to me by first being so kawaii <3 and also with its type was really interesting ^^ In my opinion, I don't think that Hikozaru is a very cute Pokemon ^^" But its probably very powerful like others. ^^ But Naetle is a very cute Pokemon as well in the Anime!
    Okay overall I would pick~
    Pochama <3 <3 <3
    Naetle <3 <3
    Hikozaru <3

~Mighty_Mightyena99 :t262:

Years
    I don`t know wich pokemon get... pocchama or hikozaru . Hikozaru is fire type pomemon and he has great evos but Pocchama is soo cute! :P

So i`m getting hikozaru :P

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    WHY POCHAMA!?

Water-Steel is it's last evo type right?

Which is hikozaru (fire) last evo type?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I like Hikozaru and Naetoru equally. I don't like Pocchama so much though. That is why I'm trying to get a shiny Pocchama as soon as I get Diamond in tihe US. I don't like Pocchama at all and could care less what type of nature it had, so I might as well get a shiny one. I'll try getting the others starters, too, but they will be breed to have good natures, IVs, and egg moves.

Sharpedge

Name Rater
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    I'm getting both games, so I can get all of them, but I am probably going to use Naetle the most, its attacks are great!

~Sharp

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Pocchama, It's so adorable, and it's evo is probably one of the cooler evolutions I've seen :D

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
    I'll get the monkey - he's the ONLY fire type besides Ponyta / Rapid dash you can get before you beat the game, and you do need a fire type badly in-game with so many annoying Doom mirrors and its evo's around on the trainers. Fire is their only weakness and they have Über defenses.

Don't ask me WTF, check the pokedex and you'll know.

2Scribble

I post therefor I am
    Years
    If I ever play Pokemon D/P... probably when they learn how to emulate it because I'm never going to be able to afford the DS... I'm going with the Fire Monkey dude ;)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    I finally change my mind to the monkey...
    1. It's a rare fire-type
    2. It's evos arent what you'd call "wide loads" XD
    3. I was born in the year of the monkey so hey!

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2007
    i usually go for the fire starters but this time i would choose Nareatu the grass starter

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    A Fire/Fighting Pokemon (last evo of Hikozaru, forgot name) Vs. A Water/Steel.

Fire beats Steel but Water Beats Fire, how about fighting?
    Who's gonna win?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    A Fire/Fighting Pokemon (last evo of Hikozaru, forgot name) Vs. A Water/Steel.

Fire beats Steel but Water Beats Fire, how about fighting?
    Who's gonna win?

Well, just going on types,

Water x Fire, Obvious.
    Water x Fighting, Neutral
    Steel x Fire, not good
    Steel x Fighting, also not good

So Water gets x2 and Steel would get x.25.

Fire x Water, again obvious
    Fire x Steel, yet again obvious
    Fighting x Water, neutral
    Fighting x Steel, good

Fire gets x1 (cancelled out) and Fighting gets x2

Fire/Fighting wins, based on this ALONE.

Back