• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P vs Platinum???

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I'm confused, how can you dislike a game with a longer and more complete storyline, wider choice of Pokémon, post E4 storyline, Battle Frontier, faster battles, faster movement/surfing, better online ability's, and yet enjoy the watered down version, also why do you dislike people trading over there strongest Pokemon from D/P to Platinum, it's not as if it affects you and besides you can't hate Platinum for that, people have been doing that since the days of R/B/Y and will carry on doing it, and it would be stupid if they didn't.

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009
    Ya trading your strong pokemon, What's so worng with that?? your just tranfering them over so you won't have to play them both at once :l

Years
  • I thought Platinum really refreshed the whole storyline. They really made Cyrus seem way more twisted in this game and the new Sinnoh Dex gives more variety to the teams. I just think that Platinum is more of a new refreshed game than an improvement on D/P.

The Red Chain

I've already made it clear in the other thread that I prefer Platinum.
    As Haza said, there is nothing you can do in DP that you can't do in Platinum.
    I personally see no point in this thread considering 99.9% of Pokemon fans prefer Platinum over DP anyway..

You choose such minor changes to label Platinum worse than DP. What is the point in that, honestly?
    The storyline is better in Platinum, no argument.

Last edited:

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • Platinum By Far
    New versions of Rotom (I ReckonThey look cool)
    Battle Frontier
    You Can get Both Dialga and Palkia
    You can get the Legendary Birds
    and So on

I'm getting Platinum no matter what anyone say
    I lost my Pearl *cries

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009
    Yup i also noticed these change's in the game:

- Surf ish faster ( finallly)
    - specail rend is diffenrt
    - Dialga nad palkia WAY easier to catch ( cought them both with great balls)
    - you get to battle team galtic in after story
    - you can rebattle the gym leaders
    - battle frotneir FUN
    - good items

and soo on~

The Red Chain

Yup i also noticed these change's in the game:

- Surf ish faster ( finallly)
    - specail rend is diffenrt
    - Dialga nad palkia WAY easier to catch ( cought them both with great balls)
    - you get to battle team galtic in after story
    - you can rebattle the gym leaders
    - battle frotneir FUN
    - good items

and soo on~

Everything here and more is what makes Platinum better.
    @ The bolded sentence ; Dialga and Palkia have the catch rate of a Chatot, so they were never hard to catch.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I think platinum seems much better from all the platinum runs I have seen on youtube, its like saying ruby+saphire is better then emerald which clearly they are not and the characters costume change in platinum is better then in DP in my opinion

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would have to say I like Pokemon Pearl and Pokemon Platinum equally. xD

Nothing is wrong with either of them, and Platinum has so many fun upgrades while Pokemon Pearl, well Pokemon Pearl is just Pokemon Pearl. ':)

Piplup112

Pokemon Coordinator
    Years
  • Exactly how far have you gotten in Platinum? Unless you've finished the game, I don't think you have the right to review and criticize it, especially in such a ridiculous manner.

So, you hate the new outfit? Oh, that's a logical reason to hate a game.
    You get a Togepi egg instead of a Happiny egg, big deal.
    You claim the plot is boring, when it's clearly the same as Diamond and Pearl with a few changes here and there.

I really don't understand how you can say D/P is better than Platinum, when Platinum has way more features than the original. In my opinion, along with Dunsparce's, Platinum is clearly superior.

I have beaten the elite four! And I have the national dex! It was too easy! P/D was more of a challenge!

And I agree with that Dunsparce guy.

Well, People, I guess I'm saying I like the originals cause my favorite game is Blue! :D
    And the Battle Frontier is BORING!

Ummm well ya people have differnt opiun's about the game Well i sya Platinum was great why?

- I like thew new offits
    - you can get WAY MORE pokemon in this game then D/P
    - i like the new form's of pokemon
    - the new wi-fi plaza
    - Dialga and Palkia are easier to catch
    - Torn World is fun to explore
    - A lot more legendary's are in here
    - The new sprites

and a lot more~
    No, there are a lot of excluded pokemon, including Ditto, which I also didn't like. But I did like the back animations...
    I just like the classic ones better, or the older ones!

Last edited:

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • I really hate the new outfit.

Yeah the outfits kinda took a nose dive.

The storyline is boring.

Welcome to pokemon games.

What do you think? Reply to answer!

I haven't played the prior two since I knew ninty only wanted money, so I waited and I have to say, this game is MUCH better than the Advance Gen. Plus there seems to be more content in this version as expected.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • I have beaten the elite four! And I have the national dex! It was too easy! P/D was more of a challenge!

And I agree with that Dunsparce guy.

Well, People, I guess I'm saying I like the originals cause my favorite game is Blue! :D
    And the Battle Frontier is BORING!

No, there are a lot of excluded pokemon, including Ditto, which I also didn't like. But I did like the back animations...

I honestly don't care if you've beaten the game or not, because you have ridiculous reasons for hating it.

Platinum is close to, if not exactly, on the same difficulty level as D/P.

If you hate the Battle Frontier, stay away from it. It's not like it's the only great part of Platinum.

You can find Ditto in the Trophy Garden, and in response to your first post in this thread, you can obtain Happiny, also. Do some research before you start complaining, please.

No matter how it may seem, I do respect other people's opinions. But not so much when they don't have valid reasons of supporting it, like a lot of people said here.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Platinum was way harder for me what the hell? How you are you guys finding it easy? The trainer school trainers used X-Attack in the first round and nearly pummeled me. Then the gyms. Yes a bit of a push over but hell they got harder being directed on one type. You couldn't go in there exactly with one type and say hello boom you are done. They gave me a challenge at least so yeah dunno bout you guys. Also what is with the hate of Lucas and his poofy collar?! T^T

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • Platinum OWNZ D/P 100,000,000,000,000,000%.

Platinum has so many improvments from D/P.

Distortion World
    Move Tutors
    Less lag between selecting and using moves
    faster surf speed
    bigger sinnoh dex
    new forms like skymin and origin giratina
    gym improvements
    battle ground
    battle frontier
    improved stark mountain event
    dialga/palkia in same game
    improved graphics...

I could go on forever. IDC if you think Platinum sucks, keep playing D/P for all I care, your loss.

IauraLucario

Eh bored.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2009

Meh stell get them from your old games :l Well Plaitnum has a lot of pokemon in my eyes Then D/P

Back