• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen D/P vs Platinum???

iPochama

loving pokemon tcg on gameboy.
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I love the winter outfits, i feel like i can form a sensible opinion on dawn now, rather than LOL HOAR.
    She's covered and the red jacket/white scarf is so cute. Plus plus, lucas's hat doesn't constrict is brain anymore, well, doesn't look like it.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    i have to agree with the naming thing, i mean Torn world is WAAAAAAAY better then Distortion world, but i read that the reason they changed Pluto to Charon was because "To avoid lawsuits from Disney"
    That's an absolutely stupid decision on Nintendo's part. Since they have such a famous legal team (remember the Donkey Kong suit with Universal), you would think they would realize that Pluto is a common word, and cannot be trademarked or copyrighted. Just because some stupid dog is named Pluto, doesn't mean a Pokemon NPC can't be. They are completely different - they won't be confused. There two reasons Nintendo would win a lawsuit over the Pluto name with Disney.

Anyways, Platinum is far superior to DP.

Years
    I prefer Platinum over Diamond and Pearl. I like the new outfits and getting Togepi and Eevee early. I also like how you can catch pokemon like Houndour before the National Dex to help with the Elite 4 and such. Platinum is awesome.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I actually prefer the Diamond/Pearl version above the Platinum version. I do like the Battle Frontier they added to Platinum, but I hate the pokemon sprites in it. I think they messed up big time in trying to "improve" some of them. A huge example, Scizor. It is way to skinny in my opinion. I also don't like the Munchlax sprite, I wish they kept the eyes closed. I would prefer Platinum more then Diamond/Pearl if they just didn't change the sprites.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Dia/Pal seemed to be easier, I bet they weren't but still...

I got all prepared, 75 ultraballs, 25 timerballs, 15 net balls for palkia...

and I caught each one with the first ultra ball. xD

Back