• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    My Honor 7 Lite just updated today from EMUI 4.1.2 to 5.0. Holy hell, I have had everything from a Sony Ericsson to Sony, an LG and a Samsung, and I think this is the first time an android device has ran faster for me jumping up a generation in android versions on a previous year model, this is seriously impressive. Loving the pop up windows coming from the bottom, the rounded notification bubbles, and I also think the app drawer is pointless. The iOS style homescreen has grown on me, 4 simple folders and nothing else, its just so simple and minimalistic. Only thing annoying me is the recent app drawer, I want the carousel back, the stock cards are boring.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I own an LG G4 and at first LG didn't even want to bring Nougat to this device.
    They changed their mind after a "riot" on the XDA forums and honestly I don't blame them, how can you not bring Nougat on a device that's just 2 years old and that goes pretty strong still to this day?

The problem is that now that LG has been forced to make this update I'm afraid that they will come up with something rushed and not well optimized, I hope not.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Hi Odin.
    How's the weather m8

I'm stuck with a S6 for now and I'm trying to decide between the ZTE Axon 7 or Oneplus 3 / T depending on budget. Trying to get one that has good development support.

Years
  • So for those that have web servers utilizing PHP and MySQL/MariaDB, I really recommend installing phpMyAdmin if y'all don't have it yet. It's a great and easy way to maintain databases and database tables on your server that way you don't have to go through all that command line shit.

Years
  • Also doing a complete U-Turn here but man getting lost in YouTube watching science experiments is so goddamn cool........

Haha lol I can relate to that xD I don't even know when time just pass while I watch NASA Live feed of Earth from space :p We should watch it together sometime xD

Years
  • Also doing a complete U-Turn here but man getting lost in YouTube watching science experiments is so goddamn cool........
    I've done that before and it's pretty fun especially if you're bored and don't have anything to do.

Which experiments have you seen?

Years
  • So today, I'm starting a new challenge to see if I can go a week without using my iPhone. During this time, I'll be switched back to my Moto G. I've put LineageOS on it, rooted it, and cleaned it up a bit so hopefully it runs faster than when I last used it.

Years
  • Nice

I've always prefered Android because of how open it is and the things you can do with it once it's rooted.
    You can actually "open" up iPhones as well via jailbreaking, but I really don't want to do that since Apple does not officially support jailbroken devices. :P

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • You can actually "open" up iPhones as well via jailbreaking, but I really don't want to do that since Apple does not officially support jailbroken devices. :P

They don't officially support them, that's true, but if you really need some support by Apple a quick restore in DFU mode via iTunes can do the trick (backup your data first obviously).
    But yeah, Android is so much more customizable and open that I don't even need to root it to do what I need and that is so much better and I think I'll stay on this side for a long time. :)

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I ought to give rooting devices another go. There's a drawer in my room that's slowly becoming a phone graveyard with old Samsung Galaxy models, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and experiment.

Years
  • I ought to give rooting devices another go. There's a drawer in my room that's slowly becoming a phone graveyard with old Samsung Galaxy models, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and experiment.
    Even if I didn't have a real purpose for rooting my device, I still have it rooted as a just-in-case.

Just watch out for the dreaded warranties, especially on devices that are under contract. However, since you mention a drawer of devices, I'll assume that doesn't apply here. :P

Years

Man if you got that many lined up in the drawer go ahead and send me one of them jawns lmao.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Even if I didn't have a real purpose for rooting my device, I still have it rooted as a just-in-case.

Just watch out for the dreaded warranties, especially on devices that are under contract. However, since you mention a drawer of devices, I'll assume that doesn't apply here. :P

Exactly, I wouldn't be going at these otherwise, haha. I think the 'newest' one is a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the oldest is a Samsung Galaxy S+. Most of them used to belong to my parents, though, and the only one I acquired myself I got for switching cell networks... and it's the lamest android phone I've ever
    come across. :( The thing literally dies in seconds once it hits 30%.

Man if you got that many lined up in the drawer go ahead and send me one of them jawns lmao.

Would if I could, I've certainly no use for them other than rooting. You'd need to use your own charger, tho. ;o

I have a couple other phones kicking around, I should try building some ROMs for a change for the Alcatel at least. The other Samsung I have doesn't have too great of specs to run anything recent. The newest ROMs for it only run up to 4.4.4.

I would love some older phones just to dick around with though, that'd be lots of fun.

Go for it! It's always fun learning new stuff, at least in my experience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back