• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Moob Chat [now with 90% more Elf Gynecomastia. GO ON PO SERVER (ANNOUNCEMENT)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Man does anything ever happen around here anymore, jeez even a month ago there was more going on lol.

Also when are the names for the new Pokemon going to be Anglicized or whatever cause I really can't even follow gen 5 yet (too lazy to learn the weird Japanese versions especially since they'll be obsolete sooner or later).

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Not really. No one is really fully into the gen 5 metagame, which = not a lot of teams posted, which = piss-poor activity, lol.

And, I have no clue...sooner rather than later I would imagine?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Perhaps there could be a topic about a discussion about 5th gen? (I do have knowledge prior to it ~)

Like say...Doryzuu; is it really that broken?
    There's been talk on how some pokemon like Gliscor, Hipowdon Skarmory can counter it, but a good trainer would know how to get rid of those checks before brining out their "star" doryzuu.
    That's why sandstorm is pretty popular in 5th gen; its fast nowadays.

Or alternatively, maybe there can be like a single-pokemon discussion from 5th gen?

Some ideas of mine anyway. ^-^

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Perhaps there could be a topic about a discussion about 5th gen? (I do have knowledge prior to it ~)

Like say...Doryzuu; is it really that broken?
    There's been talk on how some pokemon like Gliscor, Hipowdon Skarmory can counter it, but a good trainer would know how to get rid of those checks before brining out their "star" doryzuu.
    That's why sandstorm is pretty popular in 5th gen; its fast nowadays.

Or alternatively, maybe there can be like a single-pokemon discussion from 5th gen?

Some ideas of mine anyway. ^-^

I have been playing gen5 for the last few days and Doryuuzu is about as broken as people thought Shandera would be. In fact, I have more problems out of Ulgamoth and Cloyster than I do Doryuuzu. I use Doryuuzu to setup on to be exact, lol. I mean yeah, if you let them setup with him like an idiot, he will probably destroy you, but he isn't anything like people made him out to be.

Also, ROFL @ thread title.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I have been playing gen5 for the last few days and Doryuuzu is about as broken as people thought Shandera would be. In fact, I have more problems out of Ulgamoth and Cloyster than I do Doryuuzu. I use Doryuuzu to setup on to be exact, lol. I mean yeah, if you let them setup with him like an idiot, he will probably destroy you, but he isn't anything like people made him out to be.

Also, ROFL @ thread title.

Well with Ulgamoth; a good check/counter is Burungeru, or Rotom-W (Cause it loses its ghost type status with a water type making it electric/water) while with Cloyster, you could eaither take it on with Nattorei, or revenge kill with Timid Choice Scarf Sazandora; (works for me!)

Another threat IMO is Landlos; since it has good typing as has powerful attacks with Rock Jewel (the move that acts like LO, except you don't take any recoil from it) It can also be viable as a CB user, a rock polish user, and so on~It can also be paired up with Doryzuu.

I think Cloyster will move up to OU; or at least BL since because of shell break; it can pretty much kill UU stall, IMO.

They say a good check to DOry is Scarf Ditto cause y'know; it can outspeed and KO with Earthquake~

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014

Well with Ulgamoth; a good check/counter is Burungeru, or Rotom-W (Cause it loses its ghost type status with a water type making it electric/water) while with Cloyster, you could eaither take it on with Nattorei, or revenge kill with Timid Choice Scarf Sazandora; (works for me!)

Another threat IMO is Landlos; since it has good typing as has powerful attacks with Rock Jewel (the move that acts like LO, except you don't take any recoil from it) It can also be viable as a CB user, a rock polish user, and so on~It can also be paired up with Doryzuu.

I think Cloyster will move up to OU; or at least BL since because of shell break; it can pretty much kill UU stall, IMO.

They say a good check to DOry is Scarf Ditto cause y'know; it can outspeed and KO with Earthquake~

I have never encountered Landlos.

Cloyster isn't that hard to revenge kill, unless it gets two Shell Breaks in.

As I said before, Doryuuzu isn't really even a consideration for when I make a team.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I have never encountered Landlos.

Cloyster isn't that hard to revenge kill, unless it gets two Shell Breaks in.

As I said before, Doryuuzu isn't really even a consideration for when I make a team.

Eh; I don't think Cloyster would really get a chance to get two shell breaks since its defense and special defense falls, so its more frail; and its other stats sharply rise anyway; so it had a good potential to sweep, but Nattorei can take a LO Iceicle Spear with shell link, but yeah.

I don't really care about Doryuuzu since I don't have any problems with it myself, I just thought maybe it can be a good 5th gen discussion topic if there was one. ^.^

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014

Eh; I don't think Cloyster would really get a chance to get two shell breaks since its defense and special defense falls, so its more frail; and its other stats sharply rise anyway; so it had a good potential to sweep, but Nattorei can take a LO Iceicle Spear with shell link, but yeah.

Ahh, that's why it outran me. >:/ I thought it was only +1, not +2. That's retarded.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    LOL Aura still proving his inferiority to me i see ? Though he is superior at looking at men ;D

I also dont get who people think Doryuuzu is broken is has alot of checks you can use against it with both stall and offense. Mach Punch Loom + Rohpushin, Golduck (who is no joke, think of Offensive Cune but faster and less bulky + Cloud Nine), Gliscor, Hippowdon, Skarm, Zong etc. Flygon also owns it if it uses Rapid Spin. Grass types beat it quite well. Heck even Ditto. I just think people need to adapt a lil more tbh.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80267 <--- Saddened by how the counters section doesn't mention how Skarm and Nattorei proceed to dump all over its face. :/ lol

Ill be back on the 31st btw, im still at The Red chains House. Having a wonderful time. Must say im loving America too, people keep saying how cute my British accent is lol! XDD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Wow, PO is so full of scrubs it's not funny.

._.

Then again, I guess I'm one too lol except my guesswork prediction actually works.

+ Genosect is a beast. Anyone got counters? I need to erase them! B|

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    lol i didn't even know getting more than one shell break was possible!

i just assumed that this game wasn't that retarded ._.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    um it shouldn't be -1 Def/SpD on the pretty weak Pokemon that get them should net like KOs from anything should you try. Only epic hax will allow that to happen. (but with -2, Priority from like anything should OHKO, methinks)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ill be back on the 31st btw, im still at The Red chains House. Having a wonderful time. Must say im loving America too, people keep saying how cute my British accent is lol! XDD

Go to Spokane, Washington. What a great city.

(British accents really aren't cute x_x.)

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Technically anyone who posts in this thread would be a regular customer so I guess everyone in S&M likes men now.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Technically anyone who posts in this thread would be a regular customer so I guess everyone in S&M likes men now.

I love men (but not in a gay way).

I especially love everyone on the Texas Rangers. And anyone on Iowa who could potential-Lee kill Wisconsin today. That would be great.

Anything interesting in the world of Pokemon? Wait I know this one...no.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back