• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dark and Light??

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    As you know there are dark type pokemons... In the upcoming 5th generation, should they make like a new type aka Light type... Should there be a pokemon from the previous generation evolve into a Light type... For example i think Togetic and Blissey should evolve... Well just a thought...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oh, and a blissey evolution would take over arceus as god :S
    But yeah, they've managed to balance the metagame pretty well. Psychic was deemed too strong in 1st gen because only bug was super effective on it, and most bugs were outclassed by the likes of alakazam.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah and if blissey evolved that means what a 4th stage for pokemon. And that would mean another 5000 generations to make that stage. But like gofre said it was for the metagame. If dark didnt exist we would be in quitea pickle when it comes to battling people with psycic only pokemon.

indyfan

I want your Master Balls
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2008
    this thread is racist, I swear...PoKKKemon

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No. Just no. DarkCookie_93, can I ask you to stop acting like you're better than everyone? Most times you don't contribute to the topic and tick everyone off, it's all rather irritating.

That said, there won't be anymore types, it's fine the way it is. Steel and Dark were thrown in to weaken Psychic types, as Psychic type were practically impossible to defeat in the Red, Blue and Yellow days. There won't be any new types. Of course, that's assuming there'll be a fifth generation too.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    No. Just no. DarkCookie_93, can I ask you to stop acting like you're better than everyone? Most times you don't contribute to the topic and tick everyone off, it's all rather irritating.

That said, there won't be anymore types, it's fine the way it is. Steel and Dark were thrown in to weaken Psychic types, as Psychic type were practically impossible to defeat in the Red, Blue and Yellow days. There won't be any new types. Of course, that's assuming there'll be a fifth generation too.
    Wow this coming from a guy who corrects everyone.
    Anyway if they did make a new type it would be either light to replace normal or some strange type. Like in the tcg you got rainbow type. Or light type pokemon.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    but lets take a more philosopical approach on this... if there would be a light type, then some pokemon would be light nor dark. it makes more sense when you think like most religions; everything that is not dark is light, darknesss only excists where there is no light. so darkness is an exception on everything else that is light in essence. i mean, there is a normal type, should there also be an abnormal type?

(wow, that made no sense..)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You took it way to philisophical XD. But it makes sense in a way. You would have to make an abnormal type to balence the 2. Well thats what I got.

Back